Idea(s) Astray: Drafts from the Past, 5th of 6, 11.8.14

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Senior Member
Aug 15, 2012
827
19
18
Disclaimer: The draft was written shortly after Halloween, but I guess it was actually "completed" (not!) in mid-November, left unedited.

I sat down and wrote a better reflection, but I lost it.
Therefore, after hours of other stuff, I am trying this again.
It will be sloppy and a sort of teaser... mostly for my memory.

I was able to see my mentor, friends, and a family member who is chronic. It was a good experience, better than expected, more relaxing than I imagined. In other words, I kind of got a vacation out of my visit. (To be clear: My uncle was better than I imagined.)

I got to bask in the wise presence of a humble, cheerful, hard-working pastor. I was able to dress up with a friend and attend a Halloween night football game. And I was able to meet several locals, a few of whom became instant friends. And I was able to sit down and relate with my sick uncle and his wife. Simply put, it seems God answered many of my requests.

People met (in no order): JD (waiter in downtown), Tina and Shawn (from thrift shop), Quintin and Kayla (from street), Jeremy (small group leader), Elma (exchange student), Donnie, Ken ("walrus"), Deb, Blake (greeter), a hotel worker (note to self: call front desk to follow-up), and Dorthy (3 months new to the church, wants to get more involved), Gregory and _____.

In closing:
I had a great trip, one that has grown me in my faith-walk and life's journey.
I am seeking to put into practice the lessons (re)learned.
Pastor while he cleaned: "You can praise God, no matter what you do, right :) ?"