I was trying to figure out what to do, when I found myself writing a challenge to my Facebook friends. I said, "Unless you are doing something important (like driving), try this. Close your eyes for one minute, then open. Next, close your eyes for 2 minutes and then open. Finally, close your eyes and take 5 minutes with them closed. Use that time to praise God and pray for someone you have yet to pray for today." Once I submitted the hypocritical post I figured that I should put it into practice.
I did a minute, then 2 minutes, then I began the five minutes. I was amazed at how many names and ideas and praises came to mind. But even more, I was amazed at how God drove me to a specific person, which led to an awesome witness opportunity.
About the witness opportunity, I did not plan it. Actually, it was sooo random. I was actually looking for a connector for a my phone. And I just happened to check out the mall. (I never go to the mall.) Well, after some price checking, I was on my way out, when I ran across a TV salesman in the electronics department.
After Tony did a great job of teaching me on the art of electronics,
I figured by his build, "Do you happen to play basketball?" Which led into him talking about he likes it but rarely plays, to the church building a league, to him sharing about how he is a saved by going to church, which led me to asking gently about his reading or comprehending scripture.
I was shocked. An adult in my town shared that he is a Christian, but when I asked about Jesus being betrayed, he did not know it. When I asked about a Apostle Paul, he did not know it. There was a bright spot, though... "Come by any time."
In the middle of a store, where men and women are expected to sell big screen TVs, a man was buying Jesus. He is pumped about the conversation and wants to learn more. Of course, I challenged him to read the word. And he seemed open to the challenge.
Please pray for Tony, that he continues to have faith in Christ as he gets to know him more, through Word and experience. And pray for me that I will be good in communicating as God intends. To Him be the Praise!
Oh... For those wondering, I did NOT find the connector, but I did make a great connection, by the grace of God.
--IDEA
I did a minute, then 2 minutes, then I began the five minutes. I was amazed at how many names and ideas and praises came to mind. But even more, I was amazed at how God drove me to a specific person, which led to an awesome witness opportunity.
About the witness opportunity, I did not plan it. Actually, it was sooo random. I was actually looking for a connector for a my phone. And I just happened to check out the mall. (I never go to the mall.) Well, after some price checking, I was on my way out, when I ran across a TV salesman in the electronics department.
After Tony did a great job of teaching me on the art of electronics,
I figured by his build, "Do you happen to play basketball?" Which led into him talking about he likes it but rarely plays, to the church building a league, to him sharing about how he is a saved by going to church, which led me to asking gently about his reading or comprehending scripture.
I was shocked. An adult in my town shared that he is a Christian, but when I asked about Jesus being betrayed, he did not know it. When I asked about a Apostle Paul, he did not know it. There was a bright spot, though... "Come by any time."
In the middle of a store, where men and women are expected to sell big screen TVs, a man was buying Jesus. He is pumped about the conversation and wants to learn more. Of course, I challenged him to read the word. And he seemed open to the challenge.
Please pray for Tony, that he continues to have faith in Christ as he gets to know him more, through Word and experience. And pray for me that I will be good in communicating as God intends. To Him be the Praise!
Oh... For those wondering, I did NOT find the connector, but I did make a great connection, by the grace of God.
--IDEA