Note: This is another unorganized entry, sorry.
My personal walk with God has been tested in a major way, which I will not discuss.
This particular battle is not over, and it involves many... many unknowns.
I just know this, God is. God is right, able, and loving. God is providing what is needed.
Therefore, I thank God. Despite my perspective, He is.
...
Men' basketball just saw it's lowest turnout, since it started in the summer. 6 showed.
It was good, though. After the early-birds played me in a half-hearted warm-up game of 21, the guys played several short games. I was praying during that time, "Lord, how do I speak to these guys?" Then, an hour later, I prayed, "Lord, if I can make this shot from way back here, then I will just sit down and watch them." And I did. Finally, God gave me an opening.
During the water break, I asked three guys, individually, "Do you mind if we look at some Scripture, the Bible?" They all said, "No problem." So, for the first time, I got to get the guys to actually read the Bible together. The passage read? Deuteronomy 8.
The take-home point? Remember to thank God this Thanksgiving. At least half of the guys read, and I did not, so it became their own activity.
...
I got to play soccer with little cousin. I got to laugh at/with my mom for pouring too much pepper on her feast. (There is always a moment=which I call an ohnoment.)
Raced my older cousin in peeling potatoes. I saw some old friends and their toddlers.
...
...Well, here is to another week of adventure, learning, and the God who
lead(s) successfully. --IDEA
My personal walk with God has been tested in a major way, which I will not discuss.
This particular battle is not over, and it involves many... many unknowns.
I just know this, God is. God is right, able, and loving. God is providing what is needed.
Therefore, I thank God. Despite my perspective, He is.
...
Men' basketball just saw it's lowest turnout, since it started in the summer. 6 showed.
It was good, though. After the early-birds played me in a half-hearted warm-up game of 21, the guys played several short games. I was praying during that time, "Lord, how do I speak to these guys?" Then, an hour later, I prayed, "Lord, if I can make this shot from way back here, then I will just sit down and watch them." And I did. Finally, God gave me an opening.
During the water break, I asked three guys, individually, "Do you mind if we look at some Scripture, the Bible?" They all said, "No problem." So, for the first time, I got to get the guys to actually read the Bible together. The passage read? Deuteronomy 8.
The take-home point? Remember to thank God this Thanksgiving. At least half of the guys read, and I did not, so it became their own activity.
...
I got to play soccer with little cousin. I got to laugh at/with my mom for pouring too much pepper on her feast. (There is always a moment=which I call an ohnoment.)
Raced my older cousin in peeling potatoes. I saw some old friends and their toddlers.
...
...Well, here is to another week of adventure, learning, and the God who
lead(s) successfully. --IDEA