Idea(s) Astray: Prayer Against Pride Answered. Praise God.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Senior Member
Aug 15, 2012
827
19
18
I shared a prayer need for me to hold off the creeping negativity or pride towards my roommate. After someone let me write a PM just venting my need for God and then actual prayer to God, I sensed a pinch on my heart: Go to him. "Are you sure, Lord? Now? I really was hoping not to go that way." Go. Now.

Well, I went. I knew he would be with the pastor, cleaning, working, or brainstorming.
I knew that I was going on my day off, to the person I see daily, somewhere else. I did not want to do it, but more than my disdain for discomfort was my desire to obedient to the "pinch" from God. (This is not a pat on my back; this was a supernatural drive in a particular moment.)

Once there, I was met with two loveable servant-hearted men, sure enough, working hard in unseen places. "Don't lean against that door, it is wet." I walked in just as they finished a simple task, and everything seemed set. So I asked: "God told me to come here. I did not want to, but I am here. So, you guys need help?" They chuckled and thought of nothing and with that, we all headed towards the exit.

"What about the little building?" I asked. "I guess we can look at it," one said. And we got over there, and it was a MESS. (Oh, thanks to whoever invented stark-raving mad holiday cheer and matching table cloths. "Woo hoo!" to the people who decide everything is worth keeping, because... "It is possible, someone may need it.")


Anyway, it was a great time rearranging, tossing, and organizing. It was a time of laughter and accomplishing something for people who may never thank us. In fact, as is often the case, someone probably will get irritated at how we did this or that. Still, I am so glad that God did not let up on me.

His will was better than mine. Out of all that working alongside my roomy, I have greater appreciation for him.