Verse: 1 Corinthians 9:24-25
Reflection:
Last night, I left my vehicle at church. I don't live to far from it, so I just rode with my roomy back to apartment. My intention was to increase the chances of me walking the next day. Well, fast-forward.
(jingling of keys) "Later." I awoke with my roomy leaving for the church. I immediately said, "Wait up." He was gone, however, like morning snow in Los Angeles by lunch time.
I bolted, just as fast, and caught him. But, alas, I was unkempt and without my glasses.
Not to mention, I completely avoided my exercise that was planned.
I got to church, parted ways from the 'mate, and headed towards my vehicle... via the kitchen.
As my sleepy pallet was deciding whether 2-day left-overs was good, my eyes observed a woman walking on the busy street. And she was hoofing it!
Figuring my own times of having to walk compared to having faster transportation, I approached her to offer her a ride. (Now, keep in mind, this is a taller man, who is barely awake, offering a ride to a strange female. I get how this can be perceived.)
She was on the phone, so I said, you can stay on the phone so your friend knows where you are. But where do you need to go? Again, let's fast-forward.
Poor lady, she seemed grateful and unsure of her situation. Even after I waited for her to shop, she was nervous about me. (Boy! Talk about building one's self-esteem. haha.) Still, knowing she was going to be getting back into my vehicle for a ride across to her final stop, I perused for a book to encourage me/or her.
Did I ever?!? I found a Through the Bible in One Year devotional book, flipped to the date (Oct 20), and read it to see what it might be. It was perfect! The verses were talking about self-control... always good. But the one that caught my attention is 1 Corinthians 9:24-25.
This, folks, is what the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders have been focusing on for the past 2 or 3 weeks. This is what God brought before me, again. But, more than that, God gave me the perfect book for a woman whom I just met.
"Mam," I said while she reentered the vehicle, here is a book that you may want.
She accepted, smiled, put it in her bag, and then sooner-than-later, she was dropped off where she intended.
I praise God for what transpired; minus the lack of exercise on my part, the lack of shower, and the lack of, yes, even my glasses. I am grateful for how a strange woman took a chance with THIS stranger man.
People Met: Marie
Lord, i pray that she did not see so much awkwardness than Your love for her.
I know I did.
Closing Notes:
Time to work on the things I lacked.
I mean, how much clearer does God need to speak about running than literally putting
1 Corinthians 9:24-25 in my face... via a woman's bible!
--Idea
Reflection:
Last night, I left my vehicle at church. I don't live to far from it, so I just rode with my roomy back to apartment. My intention was to increase the chances of me walking the next day. Well, fast-forward.
(jingling of keys) "Later." I awoke with my roomy leaving for the church. I immediately said, "Wait up." He was gone, however, like morning snow in Los Angeles by lunch time.
I bolted, just as fast, and caught him. But, alas, I was unkempt and without my glasses.
Not to mention, I completely avoided my exercise that was planned.
I got to church, parted ways from the 'mate, and headed towards my vehicle... via the kitchen.
Figuring my own times of having to walk compared to having faster transportation, I approached her to offer her a ride. (Now, keep in mind, this is a taller man, who is barely awake, offering a ride to a strange female. I get how this can be perceived.)
She was on the phone, so I said, you can stay on the phone so your friend knows where you are. But where do you need to go? Again, let's fast-forward.
Poor lady, she seemed grateful and unsure of her situation. Even after I waited for her to shop, she was nervous about me. (Boy! Talk about building one's self-esteem. haha.) Still, knowing she was going to be getting back into my vehicle for a ride across to her final stop, I perused for a book to encourage me/or her.
Did I ever?!? I found a Through the Bible in One Year devotional book, flipped to the date (Oct 20), and read it to see what it might be. It was perfect! The verses were talking about self-control... always good. But the one that caught my attention is 1 Corinthians 9:24-25.
This, folks, is what the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders have been focusing on for the past 2 or 3 weeks. This is what God brought before me, again. But, more than that, God gave me the perfect book for a woman whom I just met.
"Mam," I said while she reentered the vehicle, here is a book that you may want.
She accepted, smiled, put it in her bag, and then sooner-than-later, she was dropped off where she intended.
I praise God for what transpired; minus the lack of exercise on my part, the lack of shower, and the lack of, yes, even my glasses. I am grateful for how a strange woman took a chance with THIS stranger man.
People Met: Marie
Lord, i pray that she did not see so much awkwardness than Your love for her.
I know I did.
Closing Notes:
Time to work on the things I lacked.
I mean, how much clearer does God need to speak about running than literally putting
1 Corinthians 9:24-25 in my face... via a woman's bible!
--Idea