Verse: Colossians 3:23 -- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, for the Lord. --Colossians 3:23
Reflection:
I was contemplating leaving. There, I said it. I was ready to cut and run to the next adventure. I knew it was wrong, as God called me to continue my current work. But, still, I can't say it was not tempting.
I prayed, "Lord, help me to encourage and return anew." God answered that prayer.
I shadowed my pastor-friend, listened and observed him in ministry and life. I was even asked questions that caused me to look at what Scripture said or what my life said to this or that.
Another prayer, more urgent, in fact, "Lord, help me relate to my uncle and aunt." I was able to do that at, too. It was difficult at times, but, in the end, we left gratefully in agreement.
Upon my return, I was thrown into a busier climate than when I left. This is good. The winds of change are stirring and the locals are anticipating God to do something great in their lives. In fact, 2 guys from basketball are coming to church today. And a neighbor (Corey) has agreed to grabbing lunch with me to look at the Word together. Praise God! Oh, and a woman (Debby) whom I met three weeks ago finally met a small group leader; she is ecstatic and wants to check it out.
Finally, several guys who have been communicating on a shoddy basis met up for pizza and a movie. We saw Big Hero, which caused us to laugh. It was a good time of catching up. Even though this may seem like shallow entertainment, it is actually the Lord at work. Each man is hungering for something more than pizza, more than things of the world. Still, the pizza was alright.
Closing thoughts:
It does not matter where you go, serve the Lord with your heart... but relax.
God is not one of disorder, nor is God one of stress.
Whatever (I) do, may it increasingly reflect God's love, according to His unfathomable grace.
--IDEA
Reflection:
I was contemplating leaving. There, I said it. I was ready to cut and run to the next adventure. I knew it was wrong, as God called me to continue my current work. But, still, I can't say it was not tempting.
I prayed, "Lord, help me to encourage and return anew." God answered that prayer.
I shadowed my pastor-friend, listened and observed him in ministry and life. I was even asked questions that caused me to look at what Scripture said or what my life said to this or that.
Another prayer, more urgent, in fact, "Lord, help me relate to my uncle and aunt." I was able to do that at, too. It was difficult at times, but, in the end, we left gratefully in agreement.
Upon my return, I was thrown into a busier climate than when I left. This is good. The winds of change are stirring and the locals are anticipating God to do something great in their lives. In fact, 2 guys from basketball are coming to church today. And a neighbor (Corey) has agreed to grabbing lunch with me to look at the Word together. Praise God! Oh, and a woman (Debby) whom I met three weeks ago finally met a small group leader; she is ecstatic and wants to check it out.
Finally, several guys who have been communicating on a shoddy basis met up for pizza and a movie. We saw Big Hero, which caused us to laugh. It was a good time of catching up. Even though this may seem like shallow entertainment, it is actually the Lord at work. Each man is hungering for something more than pizza, more than things of the world. Still, the pizza was alright.
Closing thoughts:
It does not matter where you go, serve the Lord with your heart... but relax.
God is not one of disorder, nor is God one of stress.
Whatever (I) do, may it increasingly reflect God's love, according to His unfathomable grace.
--IDEA