Idea(s) Astray: Week in Review

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Senior Member
Aug 15, 2012
827
19
18
Verse: Luke 22:42 ... "Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done."

I made a random call and could not believe it, but the J actually said "sure, i'll be there." An hour later, I got to see my roomy share the gospel with J, a younger man who was only interested in growing in understanding and love. It was pretty awesome to observe.
I thought, "ok, a meal is laid, football is on. Perhaps, we might get around to talking about God. (eehhhnnnnnnt!!!! WRONG!) He did not eat; neither did he watch the game.
He shared, listened, and shared some more. Praise God!

Tuesday men's basketball had no more than 9 men show up. This was partially due to my absence and a simultaneous emergency. Still, out of those 9, there were "regulars," "recents," and "newbies." Regulars are those who have played since the beginning. Recents are those who started in the past few weeks. Newbies are those whose first day was this week.

On Wednesday, I was about to leave a church after-school activity to go plan for the evening activities. However, my heart was broken when I observed the fearless leader sitting in a van, just praying to God for help. So, I pulled up and asked... "Will it bless you if I stay?" Then, an hour later, I went to leave again, only to see a car parked with someone in it. I approached, chatted, invited them to observe the tutoring and the church facilities. She was the one who asked about the service, so I gave a brief tour. ....Well, guess what?!... She showed up on Sunday! And she liked it, very much. Praise God!

Other blessings from this week:
I got to see my grandma, parents, sister, bro-in-law, nephew, and cousin.
I got to talk with 3 people who I have a burden to pray for.

People met: Aaron (basketball newbie), Fred (near house), Debra (walks dog by church), Matt (lunch), Shawn (service)

Closing Notes:
My leg injury is 90 percent+ healed. I just walked for an hour and a half at once on my new treadmill... near 3 miles. I did that to finish a book and did! The book? The PAPA Prayer. I left shy of 3 miles, after reading, because I needed to get to church and the verse, "not my will, but your's be done" was running through my mind. In this case, I submitted to the small voice of reason.

After experiencing a week of growing harmony with my roomy, I did sense agitation last night. Therefore, I ask for prayer for the pride that can easily ruin right relationship. "Lord, I do not know why feelings of "grr" can come after times of unity with others. But I did sense that in me, just last night. So I pray that you will empty me of the pride and/or agitation. Help me to be a blessing today, even when i don't get my way. In Jesus' name, amen.

--IDEA