Verse meditated on: Matthew 13:31. Basically, investing what little you have for God to use can yield much more than apparent potential. A mustard seed, fully grown, yields a tree that gives shelter. Faith, then, can be used... and grown itself, when invested in the Kingdom. The way I will remember where this "good things are found in small packages" verse is found is, 13:31 is "the unlucky number" (13) followed by a more than doubled and reversed 13; meaning, 31 is like the yielded mustard-seed tree from a small investment. (Hope that makes sense.)
Okay, this week I slept most of the week. I was slammed last Thursday and then was granted a little recovery before falling harder earlier this week. It has been easier than most of my sick days experienced, and I thank God for this mercy. Still, I was dizzier than a drunken Rockette trying to do kicks on a spinning Marry-Go-Round. Only, it was my head that was doing kicks as I turned in my sleep.
to give you an idea of how tired I was... I drove to church 3 hours early, hoping to sleep there and have it ready for basketball. Praise God, I did that. And then I slept THROUGH basketball. I wrote, "I am sorry if I seem quiet, I am not feeling well. Have fun" (not those words). And then I found the early-risers and asked them to watch that everyone has a good time and signs in. And with that, I found the next room and crashed.
The turnout was good. When I woke up, I did not count but there were easily more than enough for a game. So I imagine 13 to 15. I did get to pray with them before they left. But I have no clue who was there.
I got to work with my mom this week, which was nice. I do not spend quality time with her these days, so I really appreciated how she helped me in my sickness and assisted me in getting my hours in at work. That woman knows how to give.
She admits she is imperfect, but she is a gem. Praise God that she was born in this world, because she has positively helped untold numbers in unseen ways.
People met:
Table waiter. Stephanie. She approached me, talked with me about her love for Jesus, and how she is soo thankful for all that He's brought her through.
Prayer:
Lord, help me to serve others who are weaker than myself. Help me to do it for their benefit and not for my own. Help me to share Christ along the way. Amen. Oh, and thanks for all that you do for people around the world and in my community.
Okay, this week I slept most of the week. I was slammed last Thursday and then was granted a little recovery before falling harder earlier this week. It has been easier than most of my sick days experienced, and I thank God for this mercy. Still, I was dizzier than a drunken Rockette trying to do kicks on a spinning Marry-Go-Round. Only, it was my head that was doing kicks as I turned in my sleep.
to give you an idea of how tired I was... I drove to church 3 hours early, hoping to sleep there and have it ready for basketball. Praise God, I did that. And then I slept THROUGH basketball. I wrote, "I am sorry if I seem quiet, I am not feeling well. Have fun" (not those words). And then I found the early-risers and asked them to watch that everyone has a good time and signs in. And with that, I found the next room and crashed.
The turnout was good. When I woke up, I did not count but there were easily more than enough for a game. So I imagine 13 to 15. I did get to pray with them before they left. But I have no clue who was there.
I got to work with my mom this week, which was nice. I do not spend quality time with her these days, so I really appreciated how she helped me in my sickness and assisted me in getting my hours in at work. That woman knows how to give.
She admits she is imperfect, but she is a gem. Praise God that she was born in this world, because she has positively helped untold numbers in unseen ways.
People met:
Table waiter. Stephanie. She approached me, talked with me about her love for Jesus, and how she is soo thankful for all that He's brought her through.
Prayer:
Lord, help me to serve others who are weaker than myself. Help me to do it for their benefit and not for my own. Help me to share Christ along the way. Amen. Oh, and thanks for all that you do for people around the world and in my community.