Idea(s) Astray: Week, Plus, in Review

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Senior Member
Aug 15, 2012
827
19
18
Psalm 143:1 -- God, hear my cries for mercy.

The "most wonderful time" is also one that reminds people of lost loved ones, stirs stress, and multiplies contagion, like influenza. I am writing this, after about 4 days of battling extreme tiredness, and witnessing others do the same. My mother, my pastor, my roommate, and yours truly; we are all sick.

I had tried medicine, restroom, distraction, prayer, and the pain would not go away.
Then, exhausted, my had fell on a nearby Bible. I flipped to Psalm 143:1 and read it.
And peace filled my mind, and within minutes, I was asleep, praise God :)

Honestly, normally, when I get sick, the last thing I can do is focus on the Bible.
But for some reason, I have desired the Word and been getting in it, like no sickness previous. And I am not just reading to read... I am learning, I am being challenged, and I am growing in my love for God.

My health is not great. But I am so thankful for God, who is above my state of need.
Moreover, I am thankful for a God who cares for the needy. I praise Him, because he hears our cries-- even when we do not see the results as we want them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other stuff:

We just expanded to getting a volleyball team to use the church facilities.
Men's basketball allowed for some good interactions. Devin's family needs a running vehicle. Pray for wisdom in how to help-- how to pray. Ummm, and we are seeing more visitors finally getting more involved. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prayer:
Lord, thanks for Your Listening Ear and Your Perfect Wisdom. Thanks for Directing my feet. Thanks for Your Healing Touch. Thank You for Your Word. Thanks for All, in Christ Jesus, Amen.