idea

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gc_2011

May 12, 2011
How about a room for Young Adults that way we can talked without the older ones. That way we could have our room to talk about young adults things

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
We used to have a Young Adults room, but it was rarely used and other age groups complained that they all wanted their own rooms as well, so we removed it. Sorry!

S

See_KING_Truth

I used the young adults room quite regularly along with quite a few other members when I first joined. I was a crushed when I seen that it was replaced with the Youtube room :(

U

Ugly

Really though, a lot of the Chat Room is dominated by the 'young adult' group anyways. The bible study seems to be the only room with an older age range consistently.

J

Jullianna

True, Ugly. I've even seen some of them ask why "old people" are in there. Apparently only young people are christians in some places. :)

Kimber321

Jan 31, 2011
So many of the rooms don't seem to get used much. What I/we do is split off if we have a certain topic or group we'd like to discuss with and just grab an empty room.

U

Ugly

True, Ugly. I've even seen some of them ask why "old people" are in there. Apparently only young people are christians in some places. :)
haha.. hmm... so where does that put you and i in all this? :eek:

L

LynnJ

Personally, I would like to see the teen room used more often. I love young people (I have a teenager myself), but I have seen a few 14 and 15 year olds hang onto the mic and just play music or make goofy noises. It kinda takes away from the others who want to have conversations.

U

Ugly

Actually the majority of that stuff going on is not from teens. Its actually the 20/30 year olds that play most of the music.

U

Ugly

The longer I'm here, the older I feel :)
It'll be ok, Julianna.. *pats your back.. *alarm goes off... oh, its time for your meds dearie! open up!

J

Jullianna

Okay..give me a minute to put my teeth in :D

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
And to think that I'm older than both of you....maybe I should get my casket selected. :p

J

Jullianna

That's okay, Oncefallen, I think my son has already started looking for a nursing home for me because:

(copied from my Facebook page from a couple of weeks ago)
Sooo..I'm packing Christmas decorations. I bought these beautiful burgundy candles w/LED lights/sensors for my front windows and didn't want them to get broken, so I put them in the bottom of the china cabinet. I wanted to check to see if the batteries were dead, so I'm on my knees peeking in the cabinet to see if they come on.
Son: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Checking to see if the lights come on when I close the door."
Son: "That's the frig, Mom, not the china cabinet." *takes a few steps back to his room* "Btw..don't look behind the tv either. There are no people in there."

N

Nalu

How about a room for Young Adults that way we can talked without the older ones. That way we could have our room to talk about young adults things
Ha Ha, I like this.

I'm glad we don't have an old peoples room where we could talk about.........old stuff lol.

That gives me a leg cramp just thinkin about it.

I like the energy and enthusiasm Young people bring to the table, some times the things they say or do makes me laugh so hard I blow tea of coffee all over my computer monitor and keyboard.
At times I really need this.
I guess I like a mix.

N

Nalu

That's okay, Oncefallen, I think my son has already started looking for a nursing home for me because:

(copied from my Facebook page from a couple of weeks ago)
Sooo..I'm packing Christmas decorations. I bought these beautiful burgundy candles w/LED lights/sensors for my front windows and didn't want them to get broken, so I put them in the bottom of the china cabinet. I wanted to check to see if the batteries were dead, so I'm on my knees peeking in the cabinet to see if they come on.
Son: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Checking to see if the lights come on when I close the door."
Son: "That's the frig, Mom, not the china cabinet." *takes a few steps back to his room* "Btw..don't look behind the tv either. There are no people in there."

My Son is 21, he does this to me and it cracks me up. I pay him back though by demonstrating my ability to speak whale by emitting high pitched tone's with my voice at the most inappropriate times.

His GF Jenna is great cause she sets it up (with prior prompting from me) by saying, Mister K, could you speak whale for all of us, and my Son looks on in horror, and disbelief.