Identifying demon possessed persons.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wdeaton65

Maybe you could start a new thread and go into detail about the Talmud, Islam, etc. Otherwise you might derail this thread. Just a kind suggestion.
I am sorry you are right I just hate the idea that Yeshua who gave everything for me wasnt enough please forgive me.
I can tell you there are things that the Holy Spirit left in the N/T as a marker for people to teach what was and is still going on in this world. There is a reason for the 6 waterpots but you are right this thread is not about that sorry again.
I can receive correction from my brothers and sisters because I know that I dont know everything and I will allways listen to my LORD and sometimes GOD uses a brother or a sister. I am no longer a bastard that cant receive correction how about others. Thanks danschance Blessings

S

SHINY707

Ariel82

nah that's not demonic. that's just rude.

kind of like derailing a person's thread is rude.

Or telling the OP to leave her own conversation would be rude.

I wouldn't call it demonic, just very poor manners.​

THANKS Ariel for these very appropriate words. God bless you sister.

S

SHINY707

danschance

Maybe you could start a new thread and go into detail about the Talmud, Islam, etc. Otherwise you might derail this thread. Just a kind suggestion.

Thanks a lot brother , God bless you.

M

MaggieMye

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Cananyone here help me understand how can we indentify a demon possessedperson ? Is it enough to see some abnormalities in a person and thinkthat person to be demon possessed? No, that would be very unfair to a person that might be suffering from some sort of illness. I had once visited a church andthere was a married lady and as we were worshipping , she just stoodup and said I am going and her husband held her tight and she createda sort of dramaWell, I would not be too happy with my husband if he forced me to stay when I didn't want to and might, myself, create a bit of a drama too. That does not mean she, nor I would be demon possesed. ,I did't understand anything there, everyone wereasked to pray for her, and next day she was just fine.A friend ofmine who was a member of that church told me that she was possessedwith demon. Based on what? That she wanted to leave and her husband would not let her?? No, that is not demon possession....it is just being ticked off and displeased. Actually I don't believe that she had a demon, more Ithought that man was forcing her to stay. HE might have had a demon of control!!! I don't know how toidentify a demon possessed person , especially in a church. A demon possessed person is very wild. Consider the Gadarene demoniac in the Bible...he ran around naked, had superhuman strength, no one could contain him. Again Ionce visited a church and when I was talking to the pastor , he toldme something that I didn't understand at all. He said his church gota bad name , as people say that he fills people with demons. I don'tknow anything about all these confusing demon possession part anddemon filling part. One person cannot fill another with demons against the person's will. God will not violate our will and He does not allow demons to do so either. What kind of church were you in? Christian? If not, then what?

I do know as christians, we are tofix our focus on Christ, and meditate on the law of the Lord. Butthese questions puzzle me and I really wish someone can tell mesomething about signs of demon possessed persons. In the US, true demon possession is very rare. But in countries where the occult is practiced, India included, there are many instances in which a person completely gives themself over to other gods and demonic entities, to the point that they can become possessed. When possessed, a person has given complete control of themselves over to the false god and are controlled BY that god/spirit. IF you were to see such a person, you would KNOW because 1-Holy Spirit would reveal it to you and 2- the person's behavior would identify at least one of more of the spirits that had take ownership of the person.
Today, and as always...ALL people are OPpressed by demons at one time or another. That is simply to say that they are being influenced by, but not controlled by a demonic spirit. But OPpression is not POssession. POsession refers to ownership. A person possesses their house, car, clothing....they OWN it. When a person is truly possessed by demons, it is because they have GIVEN themselves over to that entity and the demons now own the person. Deliverance is a MUST, but must also be wanted by the person. God has created us in such a way that there is ALWAYS our free will and IF a possessed person does chose to get set free from the demon control, the demons MUST release the person upon the name of Jesus.
I hope that helps!
Maggie

[/FONT]

D

danschance

"In the US, true demon possession is very rare." Maggie
well, it apparently is not as rare as you think. There are at least 5 people on here who claim to have been demonized. I am one of them.

S

SHINY707

Cananyone here help me understand how can we indentify a demon possessedperson ? Is it enough to see some abnormalities in a person and thinkthat person to be demon possessed? No, that would be very unfair to a person that might be suffering from some sort of illness. I had once visited a church andthere was a married lady and as we were worshipping , she just stoodup and said I am going and her husband held her tight and she createda sort of dramaWell, I would not be too happy with my husband if he forced me to stay when I didn't want to and might, myself, create a bit of a drama too. That does not mean she, nor I would be demon possesed. ,I did't understand anything there, everyone wereasked to pray for her, and next day she was just fine.A friend ofmine who was a member of that church told me that she was possessedwith demon. Based on what? That she wanted to leave and her husband would not let her?? No, that is not demon possession....it is just being ticked off and displeased. Actually I don't believe that she had a demon, more Ithought that man was forcing her to stay. HE might have had a demon of control!!! I don't know how toidentify a demon possessed person , especially in a church. A demon possessed person is very wild. Consider the Gadarene demoniac in the Bible...he ran around naked, had superhuman strength, no one could contain him. Again Ionce visited a church and when I was talking to the pastor , he toldme something that I didn't understand at all. He said his church gota bad name , as people say that he fills people with demons. I don'tknow anything about all these confusing demon possession part anddemon filling part. One person cannot fill another with demons against the person's will. God will not violate our will and He does not allow demons to do so either. What kind of church were you in? Christian? If not, then what?

I do know as christians, we are tofix our focus on Christ, and meditate on the law of the Lord. Butthese questions puzzle me and I really wish someone can tell mesomething about signs of demon possessed persons. In the US, true demon possession is very rare. But in countries where the occult is practiced, India included, there are many instances in which a person completely gives themself over to other gods and demonic entities, to the point that they can become possessed. When possessed, a person has given complete control of themselves over to the false god and are controlled BY that god/spirit. IF you were to see such a person, you would KNOW because 1-Holy Spirit would reveal it to you and 2- the person's behavior would identify at least one of more of the spirits that had take ownership of the person.
Today, and as always...ALL people are OPpressed by demons at one time or another. That is simply to say that they are being influenced by, but not controlled by a demonic spirit. But OPpression is not POssession. POsession refers to ownership. A person possesses their house, car, clothing....they OWN it. When a person is truly possessed by demons, it is because they have GIVEN themselves over to that entity and the demons now own the person. Deliverance is a MUST, but must also be wanted by the person. God has created us in such a way that there is ALWAYS our free will and IF a possessed person does chose to get set free from the demon control, the demons MUST release the person upon the name of Jesus.
I hope that helps!
Maggie

THANKS MAGGIE , I LEFT BOTH THOSE CHURCHES. ITS TRUE, ONE CANNOT HEAL A DEMON POSSESSED PERSON UNLESS HE/SHE DESIRES THE HEALING; I LEARNT THIS THROUGH AN EXPERIENCE NOR CAN WE SAVE A PERISHING SOUL UNLESS THEY ARE WILLING TO RECEIVE THE SALVATION. FREE WILL GIVEN TO MANKIND IS REALLY VERY POWERFUL! I ONCE TRIED TO SAVE A PERSON FROM A VERY BIG DANGER, BECAUSE GOD GAVE ME REVELATION ABOUT IT; BUT THE PERSON WAS ADAMANT AND STUCK TO HIS BELIEFS (HE WAS AN UNBELIEVER) AND THOUGH I TRIED MY BEST TO SAVE HIM FROM THE DANGER BUT HE CHOOSE TO REJECT CHRIST AND STILL HE HAS CONFIDENCE IN HIS FAITH (HIS RELIGIONS). GOD TAUGHT ME A LOT THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE. I REALISED WE CAN WIN OVER DARK POWERS THROUGH CHRIST BUT WE CANNOT WIN A SOUL UNLESS A PERSON IS WILLING TO RECEIVE CHRIST AND RECEIVE SALVATION. MANKIND IS REALLY A MASTERPIECE OF GOD.I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY.

THE SECOND CHURCH I MENTIONED TURNED OUT TO BE A VERY UNHEALTHY CHURCH.I FOUND OUT THAT THE PASTOR PRACTISED UNBIBLICAL RITUALS SOMETHING RELATED TO HINDU RELIGION.AND I LEFT THAT CHURCH, NOW I REALLY FIND IT DIFFICULT TO TRUST PASTORS AND CHURCHES.I BELIEVE WE ARE NO ONE TO JUDGE , GOD ALONE IS THE JUDGE OVER MANKIND SO I HAVE GIVEN ALL THESE MATTERS IN THE HANDS OF THE LORD.I NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHAT HE MEANT BY FILLING PEOPLE WITH DEMONS , MIGHT BE SOMETHING HE LEARNT FROM OTHER RELIGIONS. I BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAID . NO ONE CAN FILL DEMONS IN A PERSON UNLESS HE/SHE DESIRES IT.

GOD BLESS YOU MAGGIE.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Hello and shalom! I do not know if this will help or if it applies, but this is an experience I had many years ago. While attending the University of Illinois I was given assurance of Yeshua, Jesus, and with that gift came such joy, I could not contain myself to continue with my studies, although I was but a few months from graduation. Sharing the Word with anyone and everyone who would listen, I continued learning and sharing.

One day a friend with whom I had been sharing the love of God and the gospel as I was learning it, was sitting with me. This friend was what any would consider quite well adjusted, successful, a doctor in his field, and an all-round nice guy. All was going along as usual with his talking and even balking at what I had to say, and when I could no longer think of anything to say, nor was the Lord giving me more to say, it occurred to me to say, "Jesus Christ loves you and His Blood awaits to cleanse and save you." I never saw such an instantatneous change in anyone previous or since. He jumped up pale and shaking with anger and perhaps fear. He said, "I will have you know I worship Satan, and one of these days when you are out on one of those lonely highways I am sending him to you to destroy you." After this encounter his composure was totally different.

When he was near me, for we would pass each other in various University areas, he would be rubbing his hands together and mumbling. Later I discovered he was trying to recruit enough young men to hold a black mass "against" me. I was not afraid, because I know nothing will ever get through our Lord, Yeshua, to get to me or any of His own.

I do not know if mentioning the Blood of the Lamb is the manner to expose a demon, but I did find by experience It does expose demon worshipers. I hope this has been of some service in Jesus Christ, amen.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Hello and shalom! I do not know if this will help or if it applies, but this is an experience I had many years ago. While attending the University of Illinois I was given assurance of Yeshua, Jesus, and with that gift came such joy, I could not contain myself to continue with my studies, although I was but a few months from graduation. Sharing the Word with anyone and everyone who would listen, I continued learning and sharing.

One day a friend with whom I had been sharing the love of God and the gospel as I was learning it, was sitting with me. This friend was what any would consider quite well adjusted, successful, a doctor in his field, and an all-round nice guy. All was going along as usual with his talking and even balking at what I had to say, and when I could no longer think of anything to say, nor was the Lord giving me more to say, it occurred to me to say, "Jesus Christ loves you and His Blood awaits to cleanse and save you." I never saw such an instantatneous change in anyone previous or since. He jumped up pale and shaking with anger and perhaps fear. He said, "I will have you know I worship Satan, and one of these days when you are out on one of those lonely highways I am sending him to you to destroy you." After this encounter his composure was totally different.

When he was near me, for we would pass each other in various University areas, he would be rubbing his hands together and mumbling. Later I discovered he was trying to recruit enough young men to hold a black mass "against" me. I was not afraid, because I know nothing will ever get through our Lord, Yeshua, to get to me or any of His own.

I do not know if mentioning the Blood of the Lamb is the manner to expose a demon, but I did find by experience It does expose demon worshipers. I hope this has been of some service in Jesus Christ, amen.
True i mentioned the word of God is quick,powerful and cuts asunder to the joint and marrow ect and had a simular
experience, my pastor said i should have rebuked it in the name of Jesus. and yes it threatened me too. I wonder
if it is still there. This person had just said they were a strong christian. The word of God is powerful.

S

SHINY707

THANKS JaumeJ ! Its a very helpful information.God bless you.The blood of the lamb is indeed very powerful.I have experienced lots of deliverance when I called on the blood of lord Jesus Christ.