Idol worship on Easter

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You are showing a complete lack of history study when you are just now finding that the Nicene Council was called in 323, many years after Christ. Many conflicting ideas were written as facts about Christ at that time, the council was to establish which would be listened to.

It seems to me that you are trusting what a man wrote about what has happened in the past. I don't seee where the information was kept should be our sole judge on whether it was fabrication made up later or an actual record of what happened. If no record can be trusted it is foolish to study history.
You are silly to assume that I am as clueless as you make yourself appear to be. I have posted about the Nicene Council before, and you still present the wrong date, which was not 323 but 325... and you seem also completely ignorant of the fact that anything in the three hundreds is counted as the fourth century, just as now we are in the twenty first century. Your pretensions to being in possession of factually accurate history are laughable.

L

LanceA

Lance, thanks for coming to my defense.

So a negative Nellie posts untrue things about Constantine and Church Councils, and I am raked over the coals, instead of the OP, who was certainly not posting because she loves everyone in this forum. She is coming from her Hebrew Roots bias. Although I will say, she is a very nice woman, although very delusional about doctrine, and certainly not coming from a factual point of view where history is concerned.

It irks me when people come on here and post false doctrine or heresy. I argue to the death, and mostly try to not get personal. Except sometimes, like when someone says I have no faith because I am not healed. I take that as a direct insult, and one coming out of ignorance of what the bible actually says!

But, when someone jumps on this anti-holiday bandwagon, and doesn't even use the facts, perhaps I do use more distain than I should. I've certainly taken church history in seminary, but I knew when Constantine lived long before I was a Christian, forget about seminary. So I apologize if what I posted seemed harsh. But I think correcting wrong facts, is pretty important. Missing the fall of Jerusalem, persecution of Christians and the terrible deaths of Christians killed in the gladiator arenas and Roman circuses are a vital part of Christianity. To say nothing of the fact that Constantine stopped the perscution of Christians. That is 300 years, or 3 centuries from the death of Christ count! Not 2000 years ago, as I already said!

To say nothing of the fact, that the entire argument that Constantine did so much evil to true Christians, is a complete lie. No, the councils didn't get everything perfect, but ending the Arian crisis and stopping Donatism certainly have to count for something good!

Then, not sure where the proof is, that Constantine ever established dates for Christmas and Easter. I've just finished reading a lot on him, and it simply doesn't say or imply anywhere that Constantine started these holidays, although he did decree something about not celebrating the death and resurrection on the day before the Passover. Perhaps that is what these Hebrew
Roots people object to?

Again, some people don't seem to understand the basic fact, that when you report easily googled history facts wrong, it does taint everything else that person says. Especially when we have beaten this dead horse too many times! (I know, someone else said it first!)
Np. Like I said in the other post, you and I have our differences at times but I have never thought you came at any conversation or disagreement to be mean.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Np. Like I said in the other post, you and I have our differences at times but I have never thought you came at any conversation or disagreement to be mean.

I do try my hardest not to be mean! But I do stand for truth, and where historical facts are concern, this OP had none.

Plus, I see she has me on ignore, and is not responding to my posts, whereas she is responding to others. Too bad, we were good friends at one time. Oh well, I guess she must think I deserve it for being annoyingly factual. LOL. (I know, people don't usually put others on ignore because of facts!)

And yes, we do disagree at times, Lance but I have not seen you post anything that you did not believe in, with some Scriptures to support it. That is genuine discussion, which is the right way to do things! And sometimes I agree with you just completely. I don't ignore it when someone posts something I do agree with, just because on a few other issues, we don't agree. Instead, I try and give at least a like, and if it is really inspiring a rep!

Too many people take everything personally in this forum, and forget we are discussing theology, which does have a great range of possibilities. So, we should never attack the person, but rather, deal intelligently with the topic, and forgive the person who is insulting. We cannot do less for Jesus!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am going to dye my hair purple :p How very pagan of me! :eek:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So... to break the tension..... easter jesus.jpg

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
happy easter everyone yes even us pagan's we can be stoned another day:p

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
happy easter everyone yes even us pagan's we can be stoned another day:p
I gave up getting stoned... hey, I did not plan it that way, but when
I cried out to God for help, He delivered me from my addictions :D

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I gave up getting stoned... hey, I did not plan it that way, but when
I cried out to God for help, He delivered me from my addictions :D
Ya i have heard of many people being addicted to weed i used to smoke it but i never got addicted I didn't even like it that much i can't stand how it makes my head feel. If i can't think right i don't I like it so I just quit although it did help me sleep and took away a lot of my joint pain

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Ya i have heard of many people being addicted to weed i used to smoke it but i never got addicted I didn't even like it that much i can't stand how it makes my head feel. If i can't think right i don't I like it so I just quit although it did help me sleep and took away a lot of my joint pain
Joint pain, are you trying to be funny? ;) Yes, I have had people suggest pot to me to help me sleep, but, no, I cannot risk it, as marijuana was my drug of choice for decades, due to the fact that 1) I liked doing mind and mood altering drugs and 2) stronger substances sometimes hospitalized me, or brought me to death's doorstep. Pot was the easier softer way and I loved getting off and being high :D However, I reached a point in my life where I was in a great deal of emotional pain (again again) and when I cried out to God for help, I was directed to the narcotics anonymous program and suddenly found the willingness and desire to stop using after twenty four years. A miracle, really. I had been going to meetings for years and never heard the solution, which is God. I was running away from God...

Billyd

May 8, 2014
OK, all you heathens, give me all your chocolate bunnies and candies, all them rainbow colored boiled eggs, all them cream filled chocolate eggs, all them jelly beans (especially them jelly belly's), and don't forget them peeps. Get down on your knees and pray for your souls. Give me 5 hail Marys and you are forgiven. Now pray for Billy's belly ache.

If you think that I am worshiping idols because I eat candy on Easter, you are really hard up for things to worry about. Easter is one of the happiest days of my entire year. My Lord and Savior defeated death on the day that we are celebrating, and made it possible for me to have eternal life in him. I will wake up worshiping Him, spend my day worshiping Him, then got to sleep worshiping Him. Most of I will enjoy every minute of the entire day.

May each and every person here have all of the Joy that our Lord and Savior Jesus provided for us. Today, especially tomorrow, and all the remaining days here on this temporary home called Earth. God Bless you all.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
OK, all you heathens, give me all your chocolate bunnies and candies, all them rainbow colored boiled eggs, all them cream filled chocolate eggs, all them jelly beans (especially them jelly belly's), and don't forget them peeps. Get down on your knees and pray for your souls. Give me 5 hail Marys and you are forgiven. Now pray for Billy's belly ache.
No can do!!! I had lovely purpley/lavender pearlized candy coated
chocolate covered almonds and you can't have any
cuz I ate them all :p

God Bless you all.
Thank you, Billy, much love to you :)

Jan 24, 2009
Plus, I see she has me on ignore, and is not responding to my posts, whereas she is responding to others. Too bad, we were good friends at one time. Oh well, I guess she must think I deserve it for being annoyingly factual. LOL. (I know, people don't usually put others on ignore because of facts!)
There is a way to tell who has us on ignore?

I'd be curious to know who can't stand me!

9fad19816428e27e41da1f407e511a1a.jpg

W

willybob

We have such an awsome God. You would think all humans would lister to His guidance for us and trust in it enough to follow it. Scripture tells us to celebrate His Son giving us the means for eternal life. The celebration is called Passover and it is very specific.

2,000 years ago a Roman Emperor named Constantine called many Christian Fathers together to establish a Christian religion. Their instructions were to do whatever they thought best except do like the Jews decided. The church fathers had gotten rid of the Jewish Christians who knew scripture. The fathers knew philosophy, gnostic, myths and such but little scripture. They didn't even have a New Testament yet. The Jews knew scripture. These men didn't even try to follow scripture when they established Christianity.

Passover was scratched, instead a celebration called Easter was created by them. They mixed in worship of the fertility goddess of springtime they were used to with eggs, bunnies, and Easter baskets. I am sure Chonstantine would be chucklish that his idol worship ways that were put in without God involved at all are still celebrated 2,000 years later but God instructions are ignored. Even the name for the celebration has nothing to do with scripture.[/QUote}

They were actually worshiping the Pagan Easter (the goddess Eshtar, Dianna, Isis, the queen of heaven) 2700 years ago; it was rebuked by Ezekiel and Jeremiah in chapters 8 and 7, and 44...The many current Holiday gods that are celebrated today go all the way back to the Tower of Babel..God's anger is kindled the most when His people insist on mixing the Holy with the profane..

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You are presenting facts as the complete truth. Half truths presented as the entire truth is a lie.

I am presenting facts that are reported by the Catholic Church who kept records of the Christian Councils, not as every fact about Constantine as you are, but as facts as reported by reliable reports that are to be included.

Now, would you take your own advise to me and get your facts straight. Mine are, you do the same.
Which truths did I present as half truths? I can quote other sources if you want! You were out by 300 years on when Constantine lived, and when the Church Councils were. That is in the Roman records to say nothing of the RCC records.

Of course, unlike you, I am not in the bowels of the Vatican, reading directly from their original church manuscripts, like you! I hear is it very hard to get permission to access their records, which of course, you must have in order to read the originals, rather than what was just brought out or quoted because you would not want to be posting any half truths, based on what a "man" told you.

I heard that someone was doing serious early church research and the RCC would not let him in to see the original documents, because he was not Catholic. So he converted.

Did you convert to get in to see the documents? Just curious, because you seem to think you are such an expert on early church history. Even if you can't even come close on the dates!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
So you are saying the Catholic Church isn't corrupt in anyway?
When it is stated that the Catholic Church has stored writings, that in no way states that the Catholic Church is never corrupt. What!! an assumption. To keep something or not to keep something has absolutely nothing to do with integrity.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The sad thing about this whole thread, is that we could have actually been discussing the issue of whether Resurrection Sunday is a pagan holiday or not.

Instead, we have to go over simple material, like when Constantine lived, and the date of the councils. To say nothing of the fact that the Edict of Milan stopped the persecution of Christians, which Constantine had witnessed as a upper class Roman when Diocletian, emperor, was issue edicts against the "worshippers of Christ." Whatever Constantine's motive, he certainly was instrumental and used by God to stop persecution.

To say nothing of calling councils which worked through a lot of early church doctrine. We owe a lot to those Church Councils.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Joint pain, are you trying to be funny? ;) Yes, I have had people suggest pot to me to help me sleep, but, no, I cannot risk it, as marijuana was my drug of choice for decades, due to the fact that 1) I liked doing mind and mood altering drugs and 2) stronger substances sometimes hospitalized me, or brought me to death's doorstep. Pot was the easier softer way and I loved getting off and being high :D However, I reached a point in my life where I was in a great deal of emotional pain (again again) and when I cried out to God for help, I was directed to the narcotics anonymous program and suddenly found the willingness and desire to stop using after twenty four years. A miracle, really. I had been going to meetings for years and never heard the solution, which is God. I was running away from God...
No i'm not being funny i may be young but from my past I have a lot of problems i shouldn't have till im like 60 but wow that is quite a testimony my friend:D