IDOL WORSHIP

  • Thread starter Thread starter shirley
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Idols are man-made, not God made, that we give power to that we should be giving to the one true God.

I made an idol of the first new car we bought, I gave it the power to make me happy and complete. Then I drove it to the river to go swimming and that thing got stuck in the mud up to the hubcaps. I had to hire a wrecker to get it out and not ever let my husband know. That car lost its place as an idol!
 
Off course you don't need use make up Jeff, haahaha..
I like Korean band, but not really choose them as my idol. I love their song but it the person
 
but u girls can wear all the make up you want.
but make up cost alot.
 
Idols are not only the work of men's hands. Every false/wrong idea about who God is is an idol of the heart/mind, which needs to be cast down.
 
An idol is anything in your life that you hold up on the level of God. It can be physical and it can be an idea. If at any point it causes you to give glory to anything other than God, it is an idol in your life.
 
=tribesman;]Idols are not only the work of men's hands. Every false/wrong idea about who God is is an idol of the heart/mind, which needs to be cast down.
This seems to me to be truth, yet I am very troubled about this! As I study scripture my understanding of God has changed. Was I worshipping idols when I understood God differently?

Some of the people I have met who seem to have the purest relationship with God are simply incapable of in depth study. God is simple and fundamental.

Someone pointed out to me that our churches decision to not use the festivals God laid out for us but Christianize the pagan ones, make them over to be celebrations of God is no better than the Hebrews did when they decided to have the golden calves represent God so they would have something to look at as they worshipped. It was a man made idea that makes perfect human reason sense. But if using golden calves to represent God was wrong, wouldn’t it follow that using celebrations that originated in pagan rites is wrong? Yet it just cannot be that God has looked at our churches these hundreds and hundreds of years as God saw the churches with the golden calf!

I used to believe that if I listened to the God of the OT I was denying Christ. Now I believe that Christ is God. The God of the OT and the Christ of the NT must agree or we have a wrong picture. His work on the cross was a completion in our time of what we had a shadow of, but in eternity, Christ always was. So now my concept of God has changed.