If all the worlds a stage and we are merely actors, is how we forgive "our part"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
I would like to know what you all think of the subject of Forgiveness. It has been said that you should forgive your brother and even forgive your enemy, also to pray for them and even love them. I agree with all that and understand the "they do know what they do" scripture.

But how is it that they are not forgiven at the Judgement? Surely if we are to forgive everybody, cannot God forgive everybody no matter how they have acted? Especially if like a child, they do know what they do? It sort of seem contradictory? Is the purpose for forgiveness a test in us?

It seems that some of the people concerned do not even know the sin that they are even guilty of? Didn't Joseph want to see a "change of heart" with Benjamin's Cup before he forgave them? It seems no matter how hard one is ready to forgive, does forgiveness have to be accepted to be valid or is it a test in us to see if we can forgive, notwithstanding the other person being involved in it (as some people wont accept forgiveness if they do not know the sin they are guilty of in the first place?)

tinar

Sep 5, 2019
thanks for share verses. I am asking for few things to support and I am struggled to change new life and set better goal for business itis getting harder since I am through rough time with my personal.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Heyjude, that is an excellent question. First, we all know God knows exactly what He is doing as He is 'perfect in all of His ways'.
It's not our job to judge anyone else because we ourselves are not perfect and all knowing, and we forgive as God has forgiven us-so it is our mandate to forgive others.
God tells us to forgive others for our own benefit also, and as I have recently found out, it can actually change the offender. We do our part that God's Word says, and He will take care of the rest. We're in good hands, God bless!

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
Heyjude, that is an excellent question. First, we all know God knows exactly what He is doing as He is 'perfect in all of His ways'.
It's not our job to judge anyone else because we ourselves are not perfect and all knowing, and we forgive as God has forgiven us-so it is our mandate to forgive others.
God tells us to forgive others for our own benefit also, and as I have recently found out, it can actually change the offender. We do our part that God's Word says, and He will take care of the rest. We're in good hands, God bless!
Hello TabinRivCA! Thanks so much for that....yes I agree. It works for us too to forgive for our own benefit and you are right. It can actually change the offender! God bless you as well.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
Hi Deade. Well gee thanks for the welcome. Well so far apart from being called a Liar, hypocrite and slanderer (just for quoting Jesus) its been great! But far more are the really lovely others (as I have really been on here a lot today as its the weekend) but wont have so much time next week as work you know.....nice to meet you though.