If God is from all Eternity Past, how did he arrive at the point of Creation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
I get asked this. The best and shortest way I can answer that is God is outside of time. In fact God is not bound by physics, he created the laws of the universe. Man's definition of eternity is a series of events =Time. Eternity in God is Him Always Existing in the Eternal Past, the always Now, and eternal Future all at the same time.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Rhetorically speaking, Theoretically, in order for God to have a past, is basically insinuating He was something not equal before becoming God.

Therefore, God and His own special fragments kept as time, has always been in the Present before designing a system that does include a past, present, future value.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I get asked this. The best and shortest way I can answer that is God is outside of time. In fact God is not bound by physics, he created the laws of the universe. Man's definition of eternity is a series of events =Time. Eternity in God is Him Always Existing in the Eternal Past, the always Now, and eternal Future all at the same time.
I'm not sure what the question is that you get asked.

With God there is no time.
There is no past and there is no future.
All time is NOW.....
He's standing outside of the window of time and he sees everything happening all at once.

We can't really understand this...just like we can't understand eternity or the Trinity.
If we understood this,,,we'd have the mind of God.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
In the BEGINNING God created...time started at that 'point' in eternity.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
The real question is: Where does it say God is outside of time?

I hear this all the time and i've said it too. But does it actually say that ANYWHERE? Or are we just assuming that because it says things like "from the foundation of the world" and "Alpha and Omega"?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
OUR time started at this point.
I'm not sure that's the question....
What other time is there as time requires a creation?
An eternal being would be required to create a creation unless matter is eternal (which is nonsense).

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
The real question is: Where does it say God is outside of time?

I hear this all the time and i've said it too. But does it actually say that ANYWHERE? Or are we just assuming that because it says things like "from the foundation of the world" and "Alpha and Omega"?
Well, if you're not subjected to time, you are indeed "outside" of it.

Feb 28, 2016
God's Time of course is Eternal, the same as He, no beginning, no end, for Him -
our time began when He decided to make us a part of His family, and give us breath/flesh...

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
God's Time of course is Eternal, the same as He, no beginning, no end, for Him -
our time began when He decided to make us a part of His family, and give us breath/flesh...
I still wish we could know more...
This seems too easy...

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
You mean our time began in eternity?
Ephesians 1:4 (KJV) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Feb 28, 2016
Cross, I'm talking about our 'physical-birth' - our own earth 'clocks',
that's when He decided to give us jobs! lol, just the way that it
clicks with me Brother...

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NASB) He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.

Feb 28, 2016
nothing is easy with our Heavenly Father, we just sometimes think it is!lol
but as we grow into whom He desires us to be, the steps up the ladder
begin to lose the burden that we felt at first...

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Cross, I'm talking about our 'physical-birth' - our own earth 'clocks',
that's when He decided to give us jobs! lol, just the way that it
clicks with me Brother...
Sorry, thought we were talking about time and eternity. :p

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Sometimes, I ponder the thought that God could actually exist outside of "Eternity" because eternity is based on time...........:unsure:

Perhaps, God makes it simple for us by just saying, "I AM"............:unsure:

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Sometimes, I ponder the thought that God could actually exist outside of "Eternity" because eternity is based on time...........:unsure:

Perhaps, God makes it simple for us by just saying, "I AM"............:unsure:
Interesting point...
Who here understands eternity???
LOL

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Hardly anybody wears a watch anymore....
We have our phones now...
It's a watch...
It's a camera....
It's a computer...
It's iPhone!!!
Believe it or not: I dont own a smartphone! Nokia 3310, STILL!

I dont plan on getting one either. I've seen the zombies roaming the streets with iphones in hand.