If it were medically possible to live forever, would that contradict God's will?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 17, 2019
New Mexico, USA
So we tell people about Jesus, as to save them, that they may live the REAL life, forever.
No, we tell people about Jesus as a witness to what he does in our lives. The Holy Spirit is the one who convicts them of their sin.

When the person hears the Holy Spirit, they have two choices at that point:

1. They can choose to ignore Him
Or
2. They can submit to God, repent of their sins (acknowledge that sin is bad and turn away from it), and tell Jesus out loud in front of the witness that they accept Him as their Lord and Savior

So, we as believers have two roles in the process of salvation:

1. Witnesses of our own salvation
2. Witnesses of other people's salvation through the Holy spirit

We don't save anybody. But we can be witnesses to it, Hallelujah!

Do you ever question your own salvation, sometimes? I think most people do? What do you think?

I was saved when I was 12. A pastor had told me what being born again meant. He then led me through a prayer of repentance. I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior at that time. See, I just witnessed to you. No big deal, right?

What's your salvation story? I would love to hear it. I think all Christians should tell each other their salvation stories, even if they are as boring as mine. What do you think? :)

Nov 17, 2019
New Mexico, USA
My understanding is God gave us 'free will' which is why 'bad things' happen.
Here's an interesting verse from Proverbs:

"The heart of man plans his way,

but the Lord establishes his steps. " Proverbs 16:9 ESV

I think what it is telling us is that although we may have the free will to plan out our day, good or evil, He is still in control of everything.