If Jews only are “The” Chosen People, can anyone explain what is taking place in these scriptures?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 27, 2025
1,444
306
83
Jeremiah 3

6 The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, (King of the House of Israel) Hast thou seen [that] which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.

7 And I said after she had done all these [things], Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw [it].

8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce;

yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.

10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.

Christ divorced the House of Israel and remains married to the House of Judah, Two nations?

Then Ezekiel has the 12 tribes divided into Judah and Joseph with Joseph’s son Ephraim, representing the House of Israel. Ephraim is only half Hebrew, his mother is an Egyptian.

How did Joseph and Ephraim get into this picture?

Then Jesus Christ through His prophet Ezekiel states, the House of Israel and Judah shall no more be divided, He will make them one nation with one king and they shall be divided no more. When have the Jews been divided in to two nations?

Ezekiel 37

15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions:

then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and [for] all the house of Israel his companions:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations,

neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

When have the Jews ever been divided into the House of Israel and the House of Judah, into Two Kingdoms? And why are Jacob’s son Joseph and his son Ephraim involved?

The Jews now have a tiny nation called Israel for the first time in their history.

One more; Jeremiah states the New Covenant is with both Houses, then in verse 33 the House of Judah is left out.

I see very few Jews in Christian churches and the nation of Israel is not following Christ.

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Any thoughts?
 
One answer without really reading and answer questions simpler. May help?The two sticks Ezekiel
how about Samaritan women at the well see about the two sticks in EZ. And see how the Samaritan became the Go to half bread unclean ,then using Greek language to what we all read today. Prob because of the two sticks.
history don't get me Holy Spirit filled but Shamed sin lady instant clean forgiven is the offer in my history book
 
I think ,maybe said before the Samaritans when Jesus crossed over to the lady at the well was the start of menting of two sticks. most likely Jesus and Now Lord and Christ is their God
that of course theu that trusted in the gospel etc. that a part to behold. Its not really my thing to know oT battles seperations .I know two sticks is a major key to the branch and forgiveness of the One righteous Judge because he took All judgement unto Himself
 
By scripture it's seem pretty clear the gentile jew was used to bring the gospel to the world the the first church I would say because they understood more scripture then way by The holy Spirit .the only seperation is same as today .Either trust Jesus is the Anointed One or Don't trust the Jesus of Galilee as they would say incorrectly. All I know really is Jesus did it all I'm leaning tjat many many misunderstood words of prophets at still not all account it for..? Really people Don't know Jesus Son of Man took All Judgement that truely is the main thing to know answers many many questions
 
Jeremiah 3:33 is partly fulfilled by the new covenant. However, there is still the nation of Israel that exists and survives according to God's plan and purpose. The book of Revelation is primarily about natural Israel.

In the last days of the great tribulation, a vast army from the Northern regions will invade Israel. Lord Jesus will step in to defeat them totally. Before that time, a great many Jews will have perished and only a remnant remain. Lord Jesus will descend to the Mount of Olives. A massive earthquake will split the mountain and Jerusalem will be opened to the sea. Lord Jesus will rule and reign from Jerusalem. He will introduce His 1,000 year reign and transform the whole world.​

Those who reject Israel as God's nation have to answer this:

Jeremiah 31:35 & 36
"Thus says the LORD, who gives the sun for light by day, who sets in order the moon and stars for light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the LORD of Hosts is His name: “Only if this fixed order departed from My presence, declares the LORD, would Israel’s descendants ever cease to be a nation before Me...."

For the rest of your questions, I suggest that you look up a Jewish believer, Armin Tsarfati. He has covered a lot of the issues that you raise.

No, the Jews are not the only people chosen by God. However, those who are born again are grafted into the family tree of Israel. Salvation is of the Jews, so Jesus said. Some say that the church has replaced Israel. The word of God contradicts that view. That Israel exists now, about 8 million staring down 400 million adversaries, also contradicts that view.

I've had grafted trees. You do not cut down the tree once the graft has taken. So no, the "graft" remains as part of the original.
 
The Stick of Joseph/Ephraim: The Birthright Leadership
Joseph (and his son Ephraim) represents the birthright blessings of prosperity and leadership.
  • The Double Portion: Because of Joseph’s faithfulness in Egypt, he received the premier birthright blessing from Jacob, which split his inheritance into two tribes: Ephraim and Manasseh. [1, 2]
  • The Northern Kingdom: When Israel split, a powerful leader from the tribe of Ephraim named Jeroboam became king of the 10 Northern tribes. Because Ephraim was the dominant tribe, the Northern Kingdom was frequently referred to as "Joseph" or "Ephraim
  • The Stick of Joseph/Ephraim: The Birthright Leadership
    Joseph (and his son Ephraim) represents the birthright blessings of prosperity and leadership.
    • The Double Portion: Because of Joseph’s faithfulness in Egypt, he received the premier birthright blessing from Jacob, which split his inheritance into two tribes: Ephraim and Manasseh. [1, 2]
    • The Northern Kingdom: When Israel split, a powerful leader from the tribe of Ephraim named Jeroboam became king of the 10 Northern tribes. Because Ephraim was the dominant tribe, the Northern Kingdom was frequently referred to as "Joseph" or "Ephraim
    • 2. The Final Merger Under "David" (The Messiah)
      Ezekiel explicitly states that this merger is not just geopolitical, but spiritual and eternal, activated by a specific ruler:
    • : Jesus explicitly applies this prophecy to Himself in the New Testament. In John 10:16, He declares, "I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also... So there will be one flock, one shepherd."
    • The Spiritual Kingdom: By calling Himself the Good Shepherd, Jesus identifies as the promised Davidic King who gathers the scattered, broken pieces of Israel's tribes into a single flock.
 
I only know Abram made the circumcision Covenant and I'm pretty sure God has that figured out cus last I know many of Jeesy believe Jesus was a prophet etc .they don't know him as the Messiah or the anointed one. I'm not gonna quote in something the Lord says and just no man knowledge to figure it out.
Its not out business and nothing anyone but Jesus Alone with All judgement Can Do
Yet what he said is Done.Deal
But I'm leaning Abraham circumcision
God keeping his word to Him .anyway
don't forget king can Not hold priest office .God changed that by both the sticks. also and there is scripture it's call the order of Melchizedek
I can't give you want but I sure try get you what's needed.its
 
I only know Abram made the circumcision Covenant and I'm pretty sure God has that figured out cus last I know many of Jeesy believe Jesus was a prophet etc .they don't know him as the Messiah or the anointed one. I'm not gonna quote in something the Lord says and just no man knowledge to figure it out.
Its not out business and nothing anyone but Jesus Alone with All judgement Can Do
Yet what he said is Done.Deal
But I'm leaning Abraham circumcision
God keeping his word to Him .anyway
don't forget king can Not hold priest office .God changed that by both the sticks. also and there is scripture it's call the order of Melchizedek
I can't give you want but I sure try get you what's needed.its
Jeremiah 3

6 The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, (King of the House of Israel) Hast thou seen [that] which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.

7 And I said after she had done all these [things], Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw [it].

8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce;

yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.

10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.

Christ divorced the House of Israel and remains married to the House of Judah, Two nations?

Then Ezekiel has the 12 tribes divided into Judah and Joseph with Joseph’s son Ephraim, representing the House of Israel. Ephraim is only half Hebrew, his mother is an Egyptian.

How did Joseph and Ephraim get into this picture?

Then Jesus Christ through His prophet Ezekiel states, the House of Israel and Judah shall no more be divided, He will make them one nation with one king and they shall be divided no more. When have the Jews been divided in to two nations?

Ezekiel 37

15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions:

then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and [for] all the house of Israel his companions:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations,

neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

When have the Jews ever been divided into the House of Israel and the House of Judah, into Two Kingdoms? And why are Jacob’s son Joseph and his son Ephraim involved?

The Jews now have a tiny nation called Israel for the first time in their history.

One more; Jeremiah states the New Covenant is with both Houses, then in verse 33 the House of Judah is left out.

I see very few Jews in Christian churches and the nation of Israel is not following Christ.

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Any thoughts?
That's like the baptism let's say a completed circumcision of the Lord
 
You read I'm sure no more writing on Stones Paul God sealed the Holy Spirit in c Temple urved out of the heart my wording .
Also I posted alot about this in few threads no one gets it LOL . I guess to add The Lord has his laws written inside the circumcised heart .like man they have laws on paper something to check out something Paul said about the Your Epistle written without hands ,my wording point is there tho .
God has His word not written with pen ink or hands .
only leaves the seal Holy Ghost
 
To note Joseph had the dual Anointing that dual Anointing had lot to do with
  • Bringing the Two Sticks Together: Joseph's dual anointing split his legacy into the House of Joseph (Ephraim). Jesus, descending from the royal tribe of Judah, uses His ultimate Kingly and Priestly authority to gather the scattered children of Joseph/Ephraim and the children of Judah, fusing them together into one final, unified kingdom (the merger prophesied in Ezekiel 37).


 
The Blessing to Joseph is the blessing to scientists. Joseph had two sons, the older son, Manasseh would not be as great as the younger son, Ephraim. The scientific capital of the world was Germany and they had many Jewish scientists including Einstein. That represented Manasseh. When WW2 took place the Jewish scientists fled to the US and from that time the US has been the scientific capital of the world, that is Ephraim. Right now Israel is divided into two kingdoms. Israel where 49% of the world's Jews live and Ephraim (the USA) where the other 49% of the world's jews live.
 
10 tribes are missing and they can't trace their History either
Lord straighten that out when you rebuilds David kindom New city etc some of the 20 tribes can also be in Christian network ? Like I'm been see the circumcision deal must be still in effect through genealogy. It don't matter if wrong it's an answer that only can be circumcision was taken very seriously and not the outward . Just picture Stephen calling the religious leaders Uncircumcised that means they are cast out and cast of the presence of God also it is written bye they stoned Steph n for saying that
That like worst thing ever giving to men of certain major sins I imagine tosn ,& To God

An extra note on the king acting like a priest by word of God his punished by God. So very clever call Jesus was able to obtain King & Priest anointing .Best part is Jesus Gives us Dual anointings
 
Psalms 110 +
Hebrews 7:21 (KJV)
"(For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)
 
The Blessing to Joseph is the blessing to scientists. Joseph had two sons, the older son, Manasseh would not be as great as the younger son, Ephraim. The scientific capital of the world was Germany and they had many Jewish scientists including Einstein. That represented Manasseh. When WW2 took place the Jewish scientists fled to the US and from that time the US has been the scientific capital of the world, that is Ephraim. Right now Israel is divided into two kingdoms. Israel where 49% of the world's Jews live and Ephraim (the USA) where the other 49% of the world's jews live.
Manasseh is America, the Great Nation
Ephraim is The British Common Wealth of Nations, his seed shall become a multitude of nations.
 
Manasseh is America, the Great Nation
Ephraim is The British Common Wealth of Nations, his seed shall become a multitude of nations.
Britain is a mercantile nation, they are not and never were the scientific capital of the world. The blessing to Joseph and his two children is the blessing to scientists. There is no way to say that Britain is the kingdom of Israel while Israel is Judah. But you can say that with the US because 49% of the world's Jews live in the US and 49% live in Israel. Also, Manasseh is the older brother, Ephraim is the younger. The US is not older than the British commonwealth, on the contrary the US is a daughter of Britain. However, Germany would be our older brother when it comes to being the world's leader in science.
 
Britain is a mercantile nation, they are not and never were the scientific capital of the world. The blessing to Joseph and his two children is the blessing to scientists. There is no way to say that Britain is the kingdom of Israel while Israel is Judah. But you can say that with the US because 49% of the world's Jews live in the US and 49% live in Israel. Also, Manasseh is the older brother, Ephraim is the younger. The US is not older than the British commonwealth, on the contrary the US is a daughter of Britain. However, Germany would be our older brother when it comes to being the world's leader in science.

The House of Judah, the Jews, are two Tribes Judah and Benjamin and some from Levi.
The House of Israel are the 10 Tribes and Ephraim is the head. the 10 tribes have never been knows as Jews.
In fact Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are not Jewish. always called Hebrews.

Joseph's two sons are half Hebrew, half Egyptian and the blessing Jacob gave them were Manasseh, the older would become a great Nation and Ephraim would become a multitude of nations. many nations

The two sons of Joseph have grown into the United States - Manasseh:
Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and England - Ephraim
the other 9 tribes are France- Ruben, Ireland - Dan and some of the small nations in western Europe

Dan's place in the 12 is lost, a guess, they join with the pope and the Beast as they did to some extent in WW2.

Here is something to consider: the 10 sons of Jacob turned against Joseph,
will they again turn and join the Beast power against their two brothers? I think yes. "what has been will be"

Germany is the Assyrians of old testament times, they are the nation that took the 10 tribes into captivity and moved them out of the middle east.

America and England have had 2 world wars with Germany and the third is on the way.

5 O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.

2 Wherefore it shall come to pass, [that] when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.

13 For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done [it], and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant [man]: this KING destroys America

14 And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people: and as one gathereth eggs [that are] left, have I gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped.
and removes all the wealth. Who has the wealth? America.
 
Jeremiah 3

6 The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, (King of the House of Israel) Hast thou seen [that] which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.

7 And I said after she had done all these [things], Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw [it].

8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce;

yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.

10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.

Christ divorced the House of Israel and remains married to the House of Judah, Two nations?

Then Ezekiel has the 12 tribes divided into Judah and Joseph with Joseph’s son Ephraim, representing the House of Israel. Ephraim is only half Hebrew, his mother is an Egyptian.

How did Joseph and Ephraim get into this picture?

Then Jesus Christ through His prophet Ezekiel states, the House of Israel and Judah shall no more be divided, He will make them one nation with one king and they shall be divided no more. When have the Jews been divided in to two nations?

Ezekiel 37

15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions:

then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and [for] all the house of Israel his companions:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations,

neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

When have the Jews ever been divided into the House of Israel and the House of Judah, into Two Kingdoms? And why are Jacob’s son Joseph and his son Ephraim involved?

The Jews now have a tiny nation called Israel for the first time in their history.

One more; Jeremiah states the New Covenant is with both Houses, then in verse 33 the House of Judah is left out.

I see very few Jews in Christian churches and the nation of Israel is not following Christ.

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Any thoughts?

M,
you begin that King Josiah is in the house of Israel, which is somewhat incorrect.

The house of Israel divided into the house of Ephraim and the house of Judah, when Ephraim rebelled under King Rehoboam, son of King Solomon.

So while the northern kingdom is the house of Ephraim, it is at times called the house of Israel. So there are two uses of the phrase.

House of Israel as a combined twelve tribes, and each tribe can claim to be of the house of Israel.
and
House of Israel under the leadership of Ephraim and also called the house of Ephraim, son of Joseph

King Josiah is in the house of Israel but not in the house of Ephraim. Therefore, King Josiah is more correctly referenced in the house of Judah to clarify that he is not part of the rebellion. The rebellion was scattered by Assyria, the divorce, and the house of Judah was scattered by Babylon.