The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving...
If the enemy is in control, why are the present day denominations (churches) left unpersecuted?
When did Christianity become acceptable to the world?
[video=youtube;2XK1xpKRWyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XK1xpKRWyQ[/video]
Disciples’ Relation to the World
[SUP]18 [/SUP]“If the world hates you, [SUP][
e][/SUP]you know that it has hated Me before
it hated you. [SUP]19 [/SUP]If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. [SUP]20 [/SUP]Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. [SUP]21 [/SUP]But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me. [SUP]22 [/SUP]If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have [SUP][
f][/SUP]sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. [SUP]23 [/SUP]He who hates Me hates My Father also. [SUP]24 [/SUP]If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have [SUP][
g][/SUP]sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well. [SUP]25 [/SUP]But
they have done this to fulfill the word that is written in their Law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’
[SUP]
26 [/SUP]“When the [SUP][
h][/SUP]Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father,
that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me, [SUP]27 [/SUP][SUP][
i][/SUP]and you
will testify also, because you have been with Me from the beginning.
The Disciples in the World
[SUP]13 [/SUP]But now I come to You; and these things I speak in the world so that they may have My joy made full in themselves. [SUP]14 [/SUP]I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. [SUP]15 [/SUP]I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them [SUP][
d][/SUP]from [SUP][
e][/SUP]the evil
one. [SUP]16 [/SUP]They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. [SUP]17 [/SUP]Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. [SUP]18 [/SUP]As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. [SUP]19 [/SUP]For their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth.
[SUP]
20 [/SUP]“I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; [SUP]21 [/SUP]that they may all be one; even as You, Father,
are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may [SUP][
f][/SUP]believe that You sent Me.
Signs of Christ’s Return
24 Jesus came out from the temple and was going away [SUP][
a][/SUP]when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. [SUP]2 [/SUP]And He said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.”
[SUP]
3 [/SUP]As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what
will be the sign of Your coming, and of the [SUP][
b][/SUP]end of the age?”
[SUP]
4 [/SUP]And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the [SUP][
c][/SUP]Christ,’ and will mislead many. [SUP]6 [/SUP]You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for
those things must take place, but
that is not yet the end. [SUP]7 [/SUP]For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. [SUP]8 [/SUP]But all these things are
merely the beginning of birth pangs.
[SUP]
9 [/SUP]“Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. [SUP]10 [/SUP]At that time many will [SUP][
d][/SUP]fall away and will [SUP][
e][/SUP]betray one another and hate one another. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. [SUP]12 [/SUP]Because lawlessness is increased, [SUP][
f][/SUP]most people’s love will grow cold. [SUP]13 [/SUP]But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. [SUP]14 [/SUP]This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole [SUP][
g][/SUP]world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Paul’s Apostolic Ministry
4 Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart, [SUP]2 [/SUP]but we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled [SUP][
a][/SUP]to those who are perishing, [SUP]4 [/SUP]in whose case the god of this [SUP][
b][/SUP]world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving [SUP][
c][/SUP]so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants [SUP][
d][/SUP]for Jesus’ sake. [SUP]6 [/SUP]For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
The Armor of God
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. [SUP]12 [/SUP]For our struggle is not against [SUP][
e][/SUP]flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual
forces of wickedness in the heavenly
places. [SUP]13 [/SUP]Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. [SUP]14 [/SUP]Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, [SUP]15 [/SUP]and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; [SUP]16 [/SUP][SUP][
f][/SUP]in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil
one. [SUP]17 [/SUP]And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
[SUP]
18 [/SUP][SUP][
g][/SUP]With all prayer and petition [SUP][
h][/SUP]pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, [SUP][
i][/SUP]be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, [SUP]19 [/SUP]and
pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, [SUP]20 [/SUP]for which I am an ambassador in [SUP][
j][/SUP]chains; that [SUP][
k][/SUP]in
proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
[SUP]
21 [/SUP]But that you also may know about my circumstances, [SUP][
l][/SUP]how I am doing, Tychicus, the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, will make everything known to you. [SUP]22 [/SUP][SUP][
m][/SUP]I have sent him to you for this very purpose, so that you may know [SUP][
n][/SUP]about us, and that he may comfort your hearts.
[SUP]
23 [/SUP]Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. [SUP]24 [/SUP]Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ [SUP][
o][/SUP]with incorruptible
love.
May the Lord bless and keep you,
P.