If Scripture says God is a God of Justice then why is there so much INjustice?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Prime examples of evildoers. Why are these people walking while others don't? It's more involved than what you have presented (what you have been 'told' to believe. I suggest you read Henry Makow - it will take some time to go through his site to understand who really controls America) But it's still the same concept - evildoers getting away with evil.
The evil doers will not get away with their evil doing on the day of the final judgement.. They will stand before God and face his justice..

Rose2

Sep 20, 2019
Prime examples of evildoers. Why are these people walking while others don't? It's more involved than what you have presented (what you have been 'told' to believe. I suggest you read Henry Makow - it will take some time to go through his site to understand who really controls America) But it's still the same concept - evildoers getting away with evil.
At what time in history was there no such thing as evil existing in the world? Hence, the whole purpose of Christ's sacrifice to bring mankind salvation. So, how does the concept of justice fit in a world where evil is prevalent? There are things I struggle with too. It can be difficult to try and sort it out in one's mind when we expect a certain kind of existence; or have specific expectations of God, then discover that our own ideas don't measure up to reality.

God's purpose for mankind: (for example) "...not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." II Peter 3:9 and Psalm 25:2 "Who is the man who fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way he should choose."

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
This is something that troubles me and I cannot seem to get to a place of rest within my spirit. I believe the bible but so much doesn't seem true - such as Scripture saying God is a God of Justice and yet I see injustice all around me. I have also cried out for justice numerous times and yet still I see evildoers apparently prosper.

Take Nancy Pelosi - one of the most evil politicians yet why is she still alive? Why didn't she die of the coronavirus, or why hasn't God removed her - He leaves her here to continue her wickedness. I've seen this up close too: evil people who God could have easily taken out yet He leaves them to continue doing wickedness. I know someone who has caused so many people a lot of grief yet God keeps her here. I don't usually pray for someone's death but I have prayed for her death.

Can anyone share how they came to terms with what the bible says vs what they're SEEING?
If I had everything I prayed for or wanted there's a chance I wouldn't take time for Jesus .. After 40 yrs as a Christian I can look back at the bad times or things that has happened and I can be more thankful living through them with prayer and Jesus .. Refined by fire .

Rose2

Sep 20, 2019
John 15:18 states, "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."

oyster67

May 24, 2014
If Scripture says God is a God of Justice then why is there so much INjustice?

Because man is a man of injustice. We are all born with a sinful nature. That is way we need coverage of the Precious Atoning Blood of Jesus. Until then, we are no better than nawty Pelosies and Trumps that you mentioned in your OP. There but by the grace of God go I.

Jan 17, 2020
This is something that troubles me and I cannot seem to get to a place of rest within my spirit. I believe the bible but so much doesn't seem true - such as Scripture saying God is a God of Justice and yet I see injustice all around me. I have also cried out for justice numerous times and yet still I see evildoers apparently prosper.

Take Nancy Pelosi - one of the most evil politicians yet why is she still alive? Why didn't she die of the coronavirus, or why hasn't God removed her - He leaves her here to continue her wickedness. I've seen this up close too: evil people who God could have easily taken out yet He leaves them to continue doing wickedness. I know someone who has caused so many people a lot of grief yet God keeps her here. I don't usually pray for someone's death but I have prayed for her death.

Can anyone share how they came to terms with what the bible says vs what they're SEEING?
The world is under God's justice meted out in his wrath. God would be unjust if it was not a cut above hell.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Luke 18:1-8 NKJV:

"Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, saying: 'There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’ Then the Lord said, 'Hear what the unjust judge said. And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

Romans 12:17-21 NKJV:

"Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, 'Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,' says the Lord. Therefore

'If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.'

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
Yes but after petitioning and petitioning for justice what if the unjust judge turns his back on you?

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Fortunately, this makes the question a whole lot easier to answer. It's because God's sense of justice is different from your own. Frankly, this whole bit about Nancy Pelosi and wishing she die of Coronavirus is completely ridiculous.
It was a hypothetical question. Why did God allow JFK to be murdered and someone doing evil like Pelosi to live? Nothing makes sense.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
```````
Well also sometimes the righteous is mixed with God's judgment as Daniel was when his people was exiled and enslaved.

But your opinion of justice may not be how God will judge.

Agree or disagree but in the end God is God. You can disagree with man's interpretation but God's Word is truth.

In the Bible some cities went without judgment for decades or centuries. It took centuries before God decided to flood the Earth.
Yes there are many questions and a lot does not make sense. But at the end of the day, our faith is not (should not be) based on understanding and knowing everything, our faith didn't begin that way, nor will it be sustained in such a manner. It is resting in who He says He is regardless of what we see and hear. Your question and ponderings, as you said is an old one and we both know Habakkuk did the correct thing, he took it to God, and God is neither offended nor surprised that He did :) Keep seeking, don't give up, you'll never know everything!
Sensible response - thank you. I know a lot of christians hit the wall, so to speak, in their faith. I've hit it a number of times. When the bottom falls out of your faith and everything you've placed your faith in is shattered it's hard to see clear to what God is doing. I remember one time I was going through great need and had begged God for help but as usual, none came. I was speaking with another christian who effusively gushed about how God had answered her family's prayers for a puppy. Oh my did it hurt. Yes. Tell me how God answered your prayers for a puppy and how I'm being nailed to the wall and God doesn't hear.

So yes, my faith has been tested a number of times. I'm just getting tired of it and tired of God and tired of trying to do the right thing when others do wrong and get away with it. I dealt with a corrupt sibling who tried taking money from my share of an inheritance. She hired a law firm that was corrupt. He got a lawyer who works in the probate office to steal my mail. I tried reporting it to the prosecutor's office and the detective refused to act. Theft of mail is a FEDERAL OFFENSE. That was when I saw just how corrupt the government is.

That corrupt lawyer tried everything to cheat me out of that money and dragged it out for a year. He and the Executrix along with the corrupt probate lawyer and prosecutor's office should have gone to jail - yet they didn't. Where was God? I was also going through unbearable physical impairments at the time from an accident. God di allow me to get a (rare) honest judge and I won in court but then the corrupt lawyer ran the bill up and he got money out of my settlement. All of my ex-siblings are corrupt - except one. And all claim to be Christians.

So I try really hard to be honest and fair and where does it get me? Corrupt people and dishonest people just cause me grief. And I had to look on as a corrupt probate lawyer STOLE MY MAIL - A FEDERAL OFFENSE. There is no justice anymore.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
So yes, my faith has been tested a number of times. I'm just getting tired of it and tired of God and tired of trying to do the right thing when others do wrong and get away with it. I dealt with a corrupt sibling who tried taking money from my share of an inheritance. She hired a law firm that was corrupt. He got a lawyer who works in the probate office to steal my mail. I tried reporting it to the prosecutor's office and the detective refused to act. Theft of mail is a FEDERAL OFFENSE. That was when I saw just how corrupt the government is.

That corrupt lawyer tried everything to cheat me out of that money and dragged it out for a year. He and the Executrix along with the corrupt probate lawyer and prosecutor's office should have gone to jail - yet they didn't. Where was God? I was also going through unbearable physical impairments at the time from an accident. God did allow me to get a (rare) honest judge and I won in court but then the corrupt lawyer ran the bill up and he got money out of my settlement. All of my ex-siblings are corrupt - except one. And all claim to be Christians.
I try really hard to be honest and fair and where does it get me? Corrupt people and dishonest people just cause me grief. It's almost like they can't stand that I'm honest. And I had to look on as a corrupt probate lawyer STOLE MY MAIL - A FEDERAL OFFENSE. There is no justice anymore. I sent a letter to EVERY ONE OF THE FREEHOLDERS and NONE would act. My spouse said it has to embarrass her but she should have been fired and she and the lawyer disbarred.

But the worst thing that bothers me is that his boss owns the top law firm in our area and his son was the town drug dealer. He would sell drugs and his father would represent all the people in town who got caught with drugs. It was a nice business plan. They both got rich and everyone else got records and died. Now the drug dealer is a lawyer working in daddy's firm. It's like swallowing gall to see it. The corrupt father tries to destroy anyone who knows or breathes a word about his son dealing drugs. So why was he allowed to destroy lives and is now a lawyer??? It's a joke. A bad bad joke. One of the young people he sold drugs to and got hooked on drugs just died.

My spouse said they're probably always on edge worrying that they'll be found out. So I guess that is true. The father tried denigrating my family member and I shot back with truth and I think I was the first one to let him know his son was the town drug dealer. But he tried to destroy me after that - because he's protecting his drug dealing son. He hates us because we know the truth. But he also must know that others know the truth about his son - all the people his son sold drugs to.

But what I can't understand is why God is allowing their little charade. And I do think that the father got his son off - the little drug dealer's uncle is a judge. So he ruins lives...even kills people...and is STILL killing people...and he's a lawyer.

Where is God?

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Well also sometimes the righteous is mixed with God's judgment as Daniel was when his people was exiled and enslaved.

But your opinion of justice may not be how God will judge.

Agree or disagree but in the end God is God. You can disagree with man's interpretation but God's Word is truth.

In the Bible some cities went without judgment for decades or centuries. It took centuries before God decided to flood the Earth.
What troubles me - and I've told God this: He's put a sense of justice in our hearts - yet he denies us it. So that bothers me really bad.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
What troubles me - and I've told God this: He's put a sense of justice in our hearts - yet he denies us it. So that bothers me really bad.
I have been given justice at times while other times I matured through the situation. But also God made you to be within the Church. The hands and feet of Jesus. Christian organizations all the time are fighting for justice. There is a spiritual war.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

That corrupt lawyer tried everything to cheat me out of that money and dragged it out for a year. He and the Executrix along with the corrupt probate lawyer and prosecutor's office should have gone to jail - yet they didn't. Where was God? I was also going through unbearable physical impairments at the time from an accident. God did allow me to get a (rare) honest judge and I won in court but then the corrupt lawyer ran the bill up and he got money out of my settlement. All of my ex-siblings are corrupt - except one. And all claim to be Christians.
I try really hard to be honest and fair and where does it get me? Corrupt people and dishonest people just cause me grief. It's almost like they can't stand that I'm honest. And I had to look on as a corrupt probate lawyer STOLE MY MAIL - A FEDERAL OFFENSE. There is no justice anymore. I sent a letter to EVERY ONE OF THE FREEHOLDERS and NONE would act. My spouse said it has to embarrass her but she should have been fired and she and the lawyer disbarred.

But the worst thing that bothers me is that his boss owns the top law firm in our area and his son was the town drug dealer. He would sell drugs and his father would represent all the people in town who got caught with drugs. It was a nice business plan. They both got rich and everyone else got records and died. Now the drug dealer is a lawyer working in daddy's firm. It's like swallowing gall to see it. The corrupt father tries to destroy anyone who knows or breathes a word about his son dealing drugs. So why was he allowed to destroy lives and is now a lawyer??? It's a joke. A bad bad joke. One of the young people he sold drugs to and got hooked on drugs just died.

My spouse said they're probably always on edge worrying that they'll be found out. So I guess that is true. The father tried denigrating my family member and I shot back with truth and I think I was the first one to let him know his son was the town drug dealer. But he tried to destroy me after that - because he's protecting his drug dealing son. He hates us because we know the truth. But he also must know that others know the truth about his son - all the people his son sold drugs to.

But what I can't understand is why God is allowing their little charade. And I do think that the father got his son off - the little drug dealer's uncle is a judge. So he ruins lives...even kills people...and is STILL killing people...and he's a lawyer.

Where is God?
Where is God has been asked throughout mankind's existence. Compare your situation to Paul or any of the Apostles. Constantly being treated unfairly. Many losing their lives.

Jesus even says because they hated me, they will also hate you.

The short answer is we are to work and speak for what is just. God does work throughout life, sometimes we may not see it or know why God doesn't act.

For the Christian we are focused on the eternal. In the eternal is where absolute justice will be dealt. Remember this life is just a vapor compared to eternity. The evil will spend eternity in Hell.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Romans 12:21 New International Version (NIV)
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Dear @saintrose I have read your posts on this page detailing your struggles with corrupt lawyers and law firms, and dishonest siblings. You have really been put through the wringer, and I am so sorry to hear that the ordeals you have endured are wearing you down so much. You may feel you are being weakened but I see you being strengthened; I cannot help but think that you are being tried for the purpose of strengthening your faith for greater works, and am reminded also that despite how things currently look to you, we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. It seems you are being hated and punished for sticking to principles others are in dire need of, and I hope there is some comfort -no matter how small- in knowing your behavior puts theirs' to shame, and also acts as a light to any who may have been by-standers through any of this, in witnessing the power of God in your life. I pray you are able to keep your focus on Him, not in what you perceive to be His failures to vindicate you against your enemies while He supplies for the seeming trivial needs others, but that in praising Him in spite of your tribulations and practicing gratitude for what you do have as a result of Him, your light shines all the brighter as you continue to place your cares at His feet.

I am also reminded of what Jesus said in
Matthew 5:25-26 and Luke 12:57-59

Matthew 5:25-26
“Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny."

Luke 12:57-59 "Why don't you judge for yourselves what is right? As you are going with your adversary to the magistrate, try hard to be reconciled on the way, or your adversary may drag you off to the judge, and the judge turn you over to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison. I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny."

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The evil doers will not get away with their evil doing on the day of the final judgement.. They will stand before God and face his justice..
When God created our us and our world, He also created evil. Isaiah tells us so.

If there is an up there has to be a down, cold requires hot, justice requires injustice. In the same way everything has a natural way of consequences. If you decide to be unkind then you become an unkind person, and we don't always see all these results of unkindness, but God does. A thief gets money he steals and can buy things to give worldly pleasure that honest people can't afford, but the results of being a thief are there and God knows of them. Justice will be served.

We have free choice, we can choose God's way or the opposite.

Funkus

May 20, 2020
What Magenta said is wise nice to see a prayer on here, I think that what your suffering and we all are suffering is the times we are living in right now keep raising the bar and increasing the pressure. Something has to give, but let it not be our faith. Things can and most likely will get even crazier and out of line with heaven which is the same thing as being out of line with what God gives us as a sense of justice and truth. Be thankful you are not like the others, who are swept along with it all. Standing still and questioning is a worthy act. The source of greater things for you. The sense I get is God is actively nourishing and helping and this is actually increasing in strength, not to deal out justice yet but to empower you, to survive and get through this. What you want is what God is. Think about how easy it is for angels in heaven to believe. But down here, now that is real belief. Our belief surpasses that of angels I feel. The great words of Julian of Norwich "all shall be well, all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well"

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
What Magenta said is wise nice to see a prayer on here, I think that what your suffering and we all are suffering is the times we are living in right now keep raising the bar and increasing the pressure. Something has to give, but let it not be our faith. Things can and most likely will get even crazier and out of line with heaven which is the same thing as being out of line with what God gives us as a sense of justice and truth. Be thankful you are not like the others, who are swept along with it all. Standing still and questioning is a worthy act. The source of greater things for you. The sense I get is God is actively nourishing and helping and this is actually increasing in strength, not to deal out justice yet but to empower you, to survive and get through this. What you want is what God is. Think about how easy it is for angels in heaven to believe. But down here, now that is real belief. Our belief surpasses that of angels I feel. The great words of Julian of Norwich "all shall be well, all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well"
We live in this world and sometimes the injustice we must endure is extreme. It is our choice to let God tell us how to react to it or let our flesh tell us how. Our fleshly or rather reactions without God a part of them tells us to hit back, tell God how we are hurt and how unfair it is, to give up our joy and contentment.

God's way is for us to act with justice, to allow our tormentors the same freedom to choose their ways that God gives us, to use this prayer for them: "The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face to shine upon you and give you peace". We can do everything we can to repair the injustice to us, but when nothing can be done God asks us to accept.

The way of the flesh is to squirrel cage the injustice living it over and over in our minds like a squirrel on his wheel along with telling God over and over "ain't it awful". It takes only one time for us to know of a happening, and God doesn't need to be told for God knows and is judging.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
When God created our us and our world, He also created evil. Isaiah tells us so.
Everything God created was GOOD. A word study would help you, here :) Here.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Everything God created was GOOD. A word study would help you, here :)Here.
In Isaiah 45:7 it says: I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.

God creates all things. If you think God doesn't, then how would you explain good if there was no bad? How could there be an up if there was no down?

We have control of even our toughts, we can choose even thoughts to live with the good. God tells us to do that. Phil. 4: 8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.