If Scripture says God is a God of Justice then why is there so much INjustice?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scribe

America is not spoken of anywhere in the Word of God even though we have been the greatest hub of Christianity the world has ever seen since the death and resurrection of Christ. I know that America MUST fall because we are the most powerful nation on the face of the earth in every way. The book of Revelation is indeed a complicated book but God has the tools we need to learn about what the book is telling us. Chapter 12 and 13 of the book of Revelation talks about a nation that shall arise and become the most powerful nation on earth. In chapter 12 the dragon with 7 heads and 10 horns is and will be the most powerful nation on earth. The interpretation of chapters 12 -16 is spoken of in chapter 17 starting in verse 17. The mountains are geographically located in Europe and some believe that the beast/dragon will be the re established Roman Empire. The horn in scripture always represents power and authority which means that some time in the future the EU will be no more and a nation of 10 leaders will become the dominant nation on earth. Which means that America can not remain the most powerful nation on earth because America MUST fall from its current level of power so Prophetic scripture can be fulfilled.
But you should be encouraged because through Christ we can endure all things and as long as we don't take our eyes off of Christ we will make it through no matter how bad it gets.
Maybe it gets wiped out by a virus.

S

Scribe

Maybe it gets wiped out by a virus.
America is not spoken of anywhere in the Word of God even though we have been the greatest hub of Christianity the world has ever seen since the death and resurrection of Christ. I know that America MUST fall because we are the most powerful nation on the face of the earth in every way. The book of Revelation is indeed a complicated book but God has the tools we need to learn about what the book is telling us. Chapter 12 and 13 of the book of Revelation talks about a nation that shall arise and become the most powerful nation on earth. In chapter 12 the dragon with 7 heads and 10 horns is and will be the most powerful nation on earth. The interpretation of chapters 12 -16 is spoken of in chapter 17 starting in verse 17. The mountains are geographically located in Europe and some believe that the beast/dragon will be the re established Roman Empire. The horn in scripture always represents power and authority which means that some time in the future the EU will be no more and a nation of 10 leaders will become the dominant nation on earth. Which means that America can not remain the most powerful nation on earth because America MUST fall from its current level of power so Prophetic scripture can be fulfilled.
But you should be encouraged because through Christ we can endure all things and as long as we don't take our eyes off of Christ we will make it through no matter how bad it gets.
Like the seven thunders that John was not allowed to record, we are not told everything in advance. Speculation is useless. There are many scenarios that can be imagined.

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
Like the seven thunders that John was not allowed to record, we are not told everything in advance. Speculation is useless. There are many scenarios that can be imagined.
Yes you are correct. But I don't imagine any scenarios. Everything I speak is based on scripture and my research of it. I like your name "Scribe". You should look up the word "Massorah" or massorite. I think you would find it interesting.

Dec 12, 2013
This is something that troubles me and I cannot seem to get to a place of rest within my spirit. I believe the bible but so much doesn't seem true - such as Scripture saying God is a God of Justice and yet I see injustice all around me. I have also cried out for justice numerous times and yet still I see evildoers apparently prosper.

Take Nancy Pelosi - one of the most evil politicians yet why is she still alive? Why didn't she die of the coronavirus, or why hasn't God removed her - He leaves her here to continue her wickedness. I've seen this up close too: evil people who God could have easily taken out yet He leaves them to continue doing wickedness. I know someone who has caused so many people a lot of grief yet God keeps her here. I don't usually pray for someone's death but I have prayed for her death.

Can anyone share how they came to terms with what the bible says vs what they're SEEING?
God is not A God of justice.......

He is THE GOD of Justice....and he is Also LONGSUFFERING not willing that any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.....HE TAKES no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE acquit the wicked and though a wicked man seem to prosper 1000 years....when he takes his last breath he will pay the proverbial piper!!!

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
That's a good overview but still doesn't solve the problem of evil.

When I was searching during my own dark time of testing I came across a well-written article by a young woman who had been a Christian and was in service to Him somewhere. She was raped and after that said that she didn't feel like she fit in the world of believers anymore and walked away from her faith. Where IS God when injustice happens? Where IS He when we cry out to Him and He remains silent? I know my questions aren't new but they do trouble the mind.

I think we tuck away these doubts and hope we never have to actually LOOK at them but then something happens and there they are right in your face - and God does nothing. Like what happened to that young woman. Where WAS God? Why didn't He help her? I know that theologians have wrestled with the problem of evil and it doesn't look like any have really done a good job of explaining it - unless someone knows some works that have eased the minds of those who question.
Its an ancient question and many philosophers have tried to answer. The two extremes being the Calvinist version of God is to blame for everything, while somehow God isnt the one responsible for the sin, He just predestines it, go figure. The other extreme is that God is really dumb, and just doesnt know what people are going to do so He is trying His best to figure out whats going on and call people to repentance, this is the open theist view.

The middle view is that God knows the future, but has given man free will to do as they please. And judgment is reserved for the last day. I believe this one is the most reasonable one, while not flawless.

The real answer is that we do know in the end justice will be served, and remember, letting people continue on in their evil is not like God is giving it a pass, its the opposite, the longer they continue and the more deprived the come, the MORE HELL there is to pay on the day of Judgment. We know there are degrees of punishment in hell, the Bible does teach it, im sure everyone agrees. So letting someone continue on in their depravity will actually bring them more of a punishment.

Also remember that its not unheard of for God to use evil kings and rulers to do what He wants to accomplish, Jesus' crucifixion is one example of this(Acts 3:28) , Isaiah 10 is another example of this. All the common calvinist proof texts, where I believe they make an error however is, they read these individual cases and read into it that God causes ALL of these things, even though SCriptures only mention some. The Bible also mentions: Hosea 8:4
They set up kings without my consent; they choose princes without my approval. With their silver and gold they make idols for themselves to their own destruction.

So that is my opinion of it, both extremes are wrong and the middle road is the correct view.

TL;DR version: God allowing evil people to live longer and continue in their depravity is not necessarily letting them off the hook, its quite the opposite, they are only adding on to the damnation they will receive on the day of Judgment, since we know there are degrees of punishment in hellfire. Humans have free will to disobey God and sometimes God intervenes, sometimes God does not, these are not for us to make judgment calls on: "

"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law." Deut 29:29

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
It's very simple. God doesn’t allow terrible things to happen in Heaven. We are just being tested in this life until we make it there. Follow God and Jesus Christ while avoiding everything by Satan, and you will be just fine.

Also, remember:

Philippians 1:29 (NET) “For it has been granted to you not only to believe in Christ but also to suffer for him,”

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
God is not A God of justice.......

He is THE GOD of Justice....and he is Also LONGSUFFERING not willing that any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.....HE TAKES no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE acquit the wicked and though a wicked man seem to prosper 1000 years....when he takes his last breath he will pay the proverbial piper!!!
We have Free Will and it is never God that dishes out injustice. It is always men who serve up injustice to other men. The quicker you grab a hold of that the better off you will be. Our free will is a gift and we can chose to us our free will to do good or bad. In any case we will all receive our just rewards for the choices we make good or bad. Just as it says in the Word of God, this world is only temporal but eternity is forever and that is exactly how God views everything that happens in this world and it is the way we should view this world as well. It's only temporary injustice. It's like a quick jolt of pain and 5 minutes later it is gone for ever. It doesn't count in the eyes of God. What you do or how you react to injustice is what God looks at and only that is what counts in the eyes of God.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
This is something that troubles me and I cannot seem to get to a place of rest within my spirit. I believe the bible but so much doesn't seem true - such as Scripture saying God is a God of Justice and yet I see injustice all around me. I have also cried out for justice numerous times and yet still I see evildoers apparently prosper.
Greetings saintrose!

The answer to that is simple: God is not the one performing the injustice which takes place on the earth, but is mankind's injustice as a result of the sinful nature, which will continue to get worse. God is just in all that He does. The prosperity of evil doers will soon come to an end, as God is about to pour out His wrath upon this world, which is quickly approaching.

Take Nancy Pelosi - one of the most evil politicians yet why is she still alive? Why didn't she die of the coronavirus, or why hasn't God removed her - He leaves her here to continue her wickedness. I've seen this up close too: evil people who God could have easily taken out yet He leaves them to continue doing wickedness. I know someone who has caused so many people a lot of grief yet God keeps her here. I don't usually pray for someone's death but I have prayed for her death.

Can anyone share how they came to terms with what the bible says vs what they're SEEING?

I agree with you about Pelosi as being evil as well as other politicians, however I would not pray for her anyone else's death, because we are all guilty of sin and being saved by grace through faith. Regarding this, we could go back further and ask why God didn't stop Satan and the angels from rebelling before it happened and thereby keeping Adam and Eve from being disobedient and causing the fall of the human race resulting in condemnation? Everything is done according to God's Sovereign will and in His time. Remember when the disciples were speaking with the Lord and they asked Him "will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" And Jesus told them "it is not for you to know the time and dates that the Father has set by His own authority." So, God does everything according to His own authority and in His set times, according to His Sovereign will.

May 23, 2020

The easiest answer and the one that makes the most sense is that God's will (justice) is not done on the earth yet.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I agree, it does seem like evildoers are prospering. Malachi talks about this extensively. I think God has to be fair, and love everyone. If God punished everyone who sinned against him or each other, there would literally be no one left.

Jul 22, 2020
earth.

Satan is the ruler of the earthly realm. God allowed him that authority. He will wreak havoc and try to thwart God's divine purpose, but keep in mind that mankind's unjust behavior is also a part of God's divine plan. There will be justice...just not in this age.
It will happen when the Messiah returns to Reign on Earth and opens up a Holy can of Whoop***.
peace

sherryt

Jul 26, 2019

Hi Saintrose: I read your post of May 24th and it really tugged at my heart. Many times I wanted to reply yet choose to wait. Today I read an article that I feel important to share. It was written by Kenneth W. Hagin., Title: IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY

"I understand life can sometimes reach a point where it's overwhelming - like on burden after another. If we listen to the news or look around, there is plenty to get upset about. We often fail to realize that the hardships we face are like mirages. This is because everything is subject to change.

I'm not trying to belittle what you may be facing. But sometimes in the middle of a trial, we forget how small our problems are compared to how big God is. Life is full of troubles that ca make us break out in a sweat if we focus on them.

When ew look at our circumstances, we may become discouraged. If we look at ourselves, we may become disappointed. If we look at others we may get disillusioned. But if we look to God, we will be delivered!

Even in the worse-case scenario, God still removes your burdens and blesses you. If you have a problem, He has a promise! In a time of crisis, God cares! When you are hurting, God is healing. When you are anxious, He will give you assurance. In times of lack, your Heavenly Father will provide.

It doesn't matter how loud the enemy creams in your ear you can shout back "It's not going to happen this time." Hold onto your confidence in God, put your trust in His Word, and you will come out victorious every time.

So instead of fretting, focus on the Lord's faithfulness, instead of pondering problems, press into His promises. And instead of worrying, worship our wonderful Deliverer.

Remember, God is greater than any problem we will ever face. Compared to what He can and will do, everything else is small. IT"S GOING TO BE OKAY

I hope you find this as uplifting as I did today, God Bless You.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Hi Saintrose: I read your post of May 24th and it really tugged at my heart. Many times I wanted to reply yet choose to wait. Today I read an article that I feel important to share. It was written by Kenneth W. Hagin., Title: IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY

"I understand life can sometimes reach a point where it's overwhelming - like on burden after another. If we listen to the news or look around, there is plenty to get upset about. We often fail to realize that the hardships we face are like mirages. This is because everything is subject to change.

I'm not trying to belittle what you may be facing. But sometimes in the middle of a trial, we forget how small our problems are compared to how big God is. Life is full of troubles that ca make us break out in a sweat if we focus on them.

When ew look at our circumstances, we may become discouraged. If we look at ourselves, we may become disappointed. If we look at others we may get disillusioned. But if we look to God, we will be delivered!

Even in the worse-case scenario, God still removes your burdens and blesses you. If you have a problem, He has a promise! In a time of crisis, God cares! When you are hurting, God is healing. When you are anxious, He will give you assurance. In times of lack, your Heavenly Father will provide.

It doesn't matter how loud the enemy creams in your ear you can shout back "It's not going to happen this time." Hold onto your confidence in God, put your trust in His Word, and you will come out victorious every time.

So instead of fretting, focus on the Lord's faithfulness, instead of pondering problems, press into His promises. And instead of worrying, worship our wonderful Deliverer.

Remember, God is greater than any problem we will ever face. Compared to what He can and will do, everything else is small. IT"S GOING TO BE OKAY

I hope you find this as uplifting as I did today, God Bless You.
I have actually been doing better by 'taking every thought captive.' I still question at times I get weak but quickly try to reign in my thoughts. It's still at the back of my mind but God has chosen not to answer me so it's all I can do.

Apr 2, 2020
This is a very vexxing question I don't believe there is a direct Biblical answer to as far as propositions go.

Yet there is a clear answer to the question in the gospel, justice is delivered in the cross. The righteous see the cross and marvel at a God so loving as to initiate forgiveness while we were in full rebellion.

The wicked see the cross and it chafes them, they question and mock and will find themselves receiving due punishment.

Other than the gospel, which is answer enough to injustice in my eyes, there is also the invitation to struggle with the question with men like Job and Habakkuk. To wrestle with it in a personal way not simply theosophizing but get in the nitty gritty and really struggle. God's reply to Job can be difficult to accept, but to me it is so satisfying to see Job first confronted with his lack of perspective and then vindicated that his protests were not without warrant.

We see through a glass darkly and we must trust that God knows what He is doing with it all even when we can't see the justice in it.

acts5_29

Apr 17, 2020
The greatest injustice that ever occurred: the Cross. Thousands, millions of people get forgiven their sin and go to Heaven. Meanwhile, the one sinless person is allowed to die on the cross at the hands of sinners.

I would say this is all a test to see what you do when the Master goes away. Matthew 24:45-51. God will settle all scores in the end--of COURSE He will settle it all in the end. The real question is: what will you do when it's not the end yet? Will people show God's house care and respect while He's away? Or is this a "when the cat's away, the mice play" situation?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
my wife and I were just talking about this scripture this morning

1 Peter 3:9 not rendering evil for evil, or insult for insult; but instead blessing; knowing that to this were you called, that you may inherit a blessing.

it's a real growing experience!

sherryt

Jul 26, 2019
I have actually been doing better by 'taking every thought captive.' I still question at times I get weak but quickly try to reign in my thoughts. It's still at the back of my mind but God has chosen not to answer me so it's all I can do.

Hi again SR, I praise God you are doing better, but there is sooooo much more and I believe you will find it. A Scripture came to my mind when I read your last sentence. "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." (Matthew 7:7,8)

As you continue on your Christian path, if I may suggest, that you continue to also search God's Word. He does hear, He teaches, He loves us unconditionally bestowing mercy on us, He forgives us of all our sins. This proves true again and again in His Word as does the above Scripture. Praise His Glorious Name.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
because you have free will, and God is patient.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Scripture saying God is a God of Justice and yet I see injustice all around me. I have also cried out for justice numerous times and yet still I see evildoers apparently prosper.
Very true. Unfortunately God allows evildoers to continue doing evil, and justice is reserved for the future when God judges the evildoers. Rarely (if ever) does God intervene immediately in the present.