If Someone is an Enemy of the Cross of Christ, is That Person Saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

If Someone is an Enemy of the Cross of Christ, is That Person Saved?

• That person who is an enemy of the cross of Christ IS saved.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 3, 2024
Phillipians 3:18
For many walk, of whom I have told you often (and now tell you weeping), that they are enemies of the cross of Christ;

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not up his cross, and followeth me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then Jesus said to his disciples: If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Galatians 4:16
Am I then become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

Feb 17, 2023
For many walk, of whom I have told you often (and now tell you weeping), that they are enemies of the cross of Christ;

Then Jesus said to his disciples: If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

What does Galatians 4:16 mean to you? How does it relate to the previous verses you listed?

🦑

Oct 24, 2012
Jesus is saying in that anyone who is an enemy of His truth and is unwilling to take up his cross is His enemy.
It does not mean that one will not change their mind. There are many testimonies on people turning from unbelief to belief in God.
One I know of, is the Tom Papanya story, last name might be spelled wrong, it is on YOUTUBE

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:14-19‬ ‭

whats paul talking about when he says some walk as enemies of “the cross of “Christ ?

Oct 24, 2012
Jesus is saying in that anyone who is an enemy of His truth and is unwilling to take up his cross is His enemy.
‘and as his enemies, they got him convicted (illegally) to go to that cross. He did willingly and said forgive them Father, for they know not what they do!
‘did Daddy forgive us all? Is Son the lamb that took away sin for us in his Father’s sight or not? Is it done as said in John 19:30, is John 1:29 true? Is Ephesians 1:6,7,13 true? 1 John 2:1-12
‘you either believe this or you doubt it. Doubt kicks people out, hearing others that are not God, yet are approved by society yet not God maybe
I know Jesus was not approved by the clergy was he?
yet God approved by Son’s resurrection that was seen by those that got him killed, wanting to beg in-charge. Read Col 1,2
wheee he was seen risen, which made an open spectacle of those there then.
Amazong grace is a gift, no gift can be earned or worked to keep it

Feb 17, 2023

What do you think of the easy-believism that some Christians espouse?

Definition:
Easy believism is a somewhat derogatory term used against the idea that salvation is by faith alone to the extent that those who trust in Christ are under no obligation to live transformed lives. - GotQuestions

Rev. Billy Graham explains that "easy believism" is a mindset that believes in God without obeying Him, while "new life" in Christ is a transformation that comes from faith and obedience. He warns against the dangers of religion and the Devil's lie of salvation without change.

🦑

Aug 23, 2024

Definition:
Easy believism is a somewhat derogatory term used against the idea that salvation is by faith alone to the extent that those who trust in Christ are under no obligation to live transformed lives. - GotQuestions

Rev. Billy Graham explains that "easy believism" is a mindset that believes in God without obeying Him, while "new life" in Christ is a transformation that comes from faith and obedience. He warns against the dangers of religion and the Devil's lie of salvation without change.

🦑
5"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."

Jul 31, 2013

i get the sense you are talking about someone specific.

do you want to discuss less generally?
or say something and i can start a pm convo

just offering

Oct 3, 2024
i get the sense you are talking about someone specific.

do you want to discuss less generally?
or say something and i can start a pm convo

just offering
I am just finding out if people here think someone can be an enemy of Christ and saved at the same time.

Oct 24, 2012
Easy believism
Is a half-sham Gospel that only believes that person is forgiven and, can do as wants to do without care for others. Can sin and be forgiven all over again, pay their tithes and all is well
Untrue, to take the grace given by God in risen Son for granted and not care about others whether you harm others or not. Is a person that I see playing Church and being credited by that Church as a do-gooder person. Religious

That is easy to not care about anyone, except your own family. So many, (speaking only for me) If I only Love those that love me back, how can I clean I believe God who loves all, not just those God chooses. Why do I say that? For why then did God in Son go to that cross willingly, was it for all or a few, is God a respecter of persons as if one is better than another?

No! not at all, the cross is for us all to choose to believe God loves you personally each then the true love floods you and you can't help but do the same love received in the risen Son For you too.
Jesus, did not fight anyone back in the flesh ever, He did not fight the Pharisees, he only responded truth to them, when they would not leave him alone and came after them, trying to trick him into sin as that goes on to this day people trying to do that to people, especially putting others under Law to get control over them. I know you are a sinner, the fishing net gets set and we the people;e bite and get trapped

It isa not easy to believe 100% that you are forgiven by God in Son as risen for you personally too as is done once for everyone as Said in Hebrews 10
It is the risen Life given you from God Father for you once anyone believes God in risen Son. God gives and seals us each to see it in truth and only respond in thank you
This trying to do or showing off I can do is garbage, it is futile, God did it, I believe it and am seeing g it
Man says to God, show me God and I will believe you as doubting Thomas did.
God says, belle e me and I will show you. just understand God is not a vending machine as man treats God is in religion, put in get out

Believe God receive and be new in amazement from within you
That happens for all that will not quit beleif to God, no matter what troubles come along good or bad

The full Gospel is Jesus the Son is risen where Father gives new life in us to respond to not create

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Definition:

🦑
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. Christ has made salvation easy through belief. He did all the work. Some may find it difficult to believe because they have been heavily influence by the world. But the power of God unto salvation is through the preaching of the cross. It can penetrate even the darkest heart.

When one gets saved, they need to be discipled in the truth to grow in their salvation and walk as a child of light. It doesn't come automatically. Being renewed in the word daily is a great start. There are many, however, who do not have a bible, a local bible believing church, others around them to disciple, and they are left in the world as a new born babe in Christ. They may never mature in their faith.

Oct 24, 2012
I
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. Christ has made salvation easy through belief. He did all the work. Some may find it difficult to believe because they have been heavily influence by the world. But the power of God unto salvation is through the preaching of the cross. It can penetrate even the darkest heart.

When one gets saved, they need to be discipled in the truth to grow in their salvation and walk as a child of light. It doesn't come automatically. Being renewed in the word daily is a great start. There are many, however, who do not have a bible, a local bible believing church, others around them to disciple, and they are left in the world as a new born babe in Christ. They may never mature in their faith.
I chose to believe God in risen Son that took away sin first in his one time death only that is done once for everyone,
To choose, chosen to believe he is risen for us all, to believe, to be new in love and mercy as is done by him on that cross for us all
Thanksgiving and praise (Psalm, 100:4) all sin taken out of the way by Son (Psalm 103:12) it is finished done (John 19:30) for new life to begin in us, sealed by God to us (Eph 1:13) Accepted (Eph. 1:6), forgiven (Eph. 1:7)
Loved, accepted, Forgiven by God in risen Son for new life as born new (Born again in God's Spirit and Truth) daily dying to the first born self person we all are first born in of the flesh to be reckoned now dead (Romans 6:12) to be made alive in God's Spirit and Truth to rest in (Hebrews 4)
To see that no worry over anything will help when see Matthew 6 where Jesus asked
Will worry add a single moment to your life?
Answer for me, Nope! never has, as a matter of fact it has stolen killed and destroyed me, John 10:10 the first part, seeing the last part of that verse God came to give us new life More abundantly. I see that is to dispel worry for me at least, yet did go through worry first. Under Law, under the curse of the Law. yet it is not the Law that is the curse, it is me my first born me the is now reckoned as dead thank you Father as Romans 7 ends and Chapter 8 begins