If Someone Lives a Life of Willful Irreverence Towards God,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

If someone lives a life of willful irreverence towards God, Where is this persons eternal abode?

• I don't want to know what living a life of willful irreverence towards God is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am living a life of willful irreverence towards God.

• I refuse to vote for any of the other poll options because I am not a Christian,and,or,I am stumped.

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Im trying to figure out the point of this thread.
My suspicion is that it is yet another in a VERY long list of a works salvation heresy
Works salvation and/or lose salvation.

The problem with the question is we first have to find out what your personal definition of ""willful irreverence"" is...
I suspect it's in regards to "willful sin," as mentioned in Hebrews 10:26.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Now, is it "irreverent" to celebrate at a funeral service? Or to dance in a church building?
No and No... but it could be????

But again context is Key..

If someone is celebrating at a funeral service.. What are they celebrating?

If someone is dancing in a Church.. Why are the dancing?

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
No and No... but it could be????

But again context is Key..

If someone is celebrating at a funeral service.. What are they celebrating?

If someone is dancing in a Church.. Why are the dancing?
You feel they are required to explain any of their reaction and relationship to and with God????? Do they need your approval to come to God as they are led to?

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
I am trying to show the arrogance that we assume in our often, self-righteous censorship of others, based upon how WE do things and insist that we are right. Often, we may have "searched the Scriptures" as the Pharisees did, and completely missed God...….. where THEY actually found Him.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
You feel they are required to explain any of their reaction and relationship to and with God????? Do they need your approval to come to God as they are led to?
No they don't need to explain it to anyone... Not me not you not anyone..

God of course looks into the minds of people and knows exactly why one is celebrating or dancing.. So they don't need to explain it to God.. I can think of good reasons to celebrate at a funeral, if i was assured that the person who had died was destined to eternity with God i would be celebrating with great joy.. And i would have no problem with a person dancing with Joy in a Church..

King David danced with joy and passion before the Arc of the covenant in the OT and a woman ( don't remember her name off the top of my head ) mocked and tried to shame David for doing so.. God saw to it that that woman was never blessed with a child as a judgement upon her.. God knew why David was dancing and the LORD was well pleased with David..

Looked it up.. Here is the passage about David and his dance.. Hope you have a read..

2 Samuel 6: KJV
12 "¶ And it was told king David, saying, The LORD hath blessed the house of Obed–edom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obed–edom into the city of David with gladness. {13} And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings. {14} And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod. {15} So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet. {16} And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul’s daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart. {17} ¶ And they brought in the ark of the LORD, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it: and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD. {18} And as soon as David had made an end of offering burnt offerings and peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD of hosts. {19} And he dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, as well to the women as men, to every one a cake of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine. So all the people departed every one to his house. {20} ¶ Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself! {21} And David said unto Michal, It was before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel: therefore will I play before the LORD. {22} And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour. {23} Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death."

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Im trying to figure out the point of this thread.
My suspicion is that it is yet another in a VERY long list of a works salvation heresy
Works salvation heresy is exactly what this thread is, with a slice of judgmental pie on the side for good measure.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Christians who live a full life of irreverence do go to hell. Only reverent Christians experience heaven.
You are most irreverent by not giving Jesus His glorious due. Matthew 7:21-23 is your future unless of course you embrace the fullness of His divinity.

Oct 24, 2019
You are most irreverent by not giving Jesus His glorious due. Matthew 7:21-23 is your future unless of course you embrace the fullness of His divinity.
Being reverent is embracing the fullness of Jesus's divinity; The irreverent experience eternal hell fire.