IF there was a Rapture at the start off a 7 year tribulation period, then

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
I would say you’re right about “until further information is disclosed”.

Mar 13:30 (KJV) Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

We can know for sure it’s already happened and no I don’t think Jesus the exact day and hour he would be crucified and raised.

How much more clearer can Jesus make it that he was talking about those things happening around his death and resurrection?

The fig tree putting forth leaves.
Fig tree casting its untimely fruit.
This generation shall not pass.
Jesus as a man not knowing the day or hour.
Lest suddenly he finds you sleeping.

Seriosly what more could have said without out and out saying it?
Haha wow......

How about.....THIS GENERATION that is ON THE PLANET WHEN ALL OF THESE THINGS BEGIN TO HAPPEN shall NOT PASS until all these things be fulfilled...

How difficult is it to understand that the generation he is speaking of could have been the 1st century or 50th century......

Geesh!

Nov 23, 2013
Haha wow......

How about.....THIS GENERATION that is ON THE PLANET WHEN ALL OF THESE THINGS BEGIN TO HAPPEN shall NOT PASS until all these things be fulfilled...

How difficult is it to understand that the generation he is speaking of could have been the 1st century or 50th century......

Geesh!
I guess you’re looking for the sun to go dark and the moon to turn to blood one day lol.

Dec 12, 2013
I guess you’re looking for the sun to go dark and the moon to turn to blood one day lol.
Exactly as expected from you...flippant mouthy remarks from one who has nothing else to offer.....

Nov 23, 2013
Exactly as expected from you...flippant mouthy remarks from one who has nothing else to offer.....
You’re not too good on Bible symbolism Dcon.

Here’s a verse with no symbolism, can you cipher it for us and explain how it isn’t “this generation” ?

Mat 10:23 (KJV) But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

How does this verse morph into 2000+ years in the future when the disciples are dead and gone for centuries?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Oh I assure you they will. And many other cosmic phenomena so terrifying that the world elites and leaders in their bunkers aka caves will perceive and know full well Who it is that is approaching in unmitigated and righteous wrath. And the horror of knowing they are unforgiven.

Dec 12, 2013
Oh I assure you they will. And many other cosmic phenomena so terrifying that the world elites and leaders in their bunkers aka caves will perceive and know full well Who it is that is approaching in unmitigated and righteous wrath. And the horror of knowing they are unforgiven.
An interesting truth...when one does the word study on the 6th seal....the first on the list "dens" is something prepared I.E. a bunker.....so....we have those who have prepared BUNKERS ahead of schedule which tells me they see it coming in some form or fashion.....I have a good idea, but the pretribbers would choke on it and then argue about it so no need to cast it out here in the open forum

Nov 23, 2013
Yeah and the mountains are gonna drop new wine too lol.

By the way the sun moon and stars that you think are going go dark and fall.... they fell and went dark when Christ came the first time.

Gen 37:9 (KJV) And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

In that story Joseph was a foreshadow of Jesus. Can you put two and two together? They made obeisance to Christ, they bowed, they fell down and worshipped him. The kingdom was taken from them.

Nov 23, 2013
An interesting truth...when one does the word study on the 6th seal....the first on the list "dens" is something prepared I.E. a bunker.....so....we have those who have prepared BUNKERS ahead of schedule which tells me they see it coming in some form or fashion.....I have a good idea, but the pretribbers would choke on it and then argue about it so no need to cast it out here in the open forum
You got you’re bunker installed yet?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah and the mountains are gonna drop new wine too lol.

By the way the sun moon and stars that you think are going go dark and fall.... they fell and went dark when Christ came the first time.

Gen 37:9 (KJV) And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

In that story Joseph was a foreshadow of Jesus. Can you put two and two together? They made obeisance to Christ, they bowed, they fell down and worshipped him. The kingdom was taken from them.
"The kingdom was taken from them."

You suffer from a persistent obsession. And delusions. Plural.

Nov 23, 2013
"The kingdom was taken from them."

You suffer from a persistent obsession. And delusions. Plural.
Funny I used to believe just like do and then I stopped reading commentaries and started reading the Bible and figured out your side is full of bull. But hey you’re the expert so keep up the good work!

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Funny I used to believe just like do and then I stopped reading commentaries and started reading the Bible and figured out your side is full of bull. But hey you’re the expert so keep up the good work!
"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Lk.1:32,33).

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).

Still waiting. You?

Nov 23, 2013
"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Lk.1:32,33).

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).

Still waiting. You?
In your view no one has been sitting on David’s throne for 2000 years which would mean jer 33:17 is wrong. In my view Christ sat on it permanently when he came the first time.

Jer 33:17 (KJV) For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

Jesus said the high priest would see him coming... The high priest is dead. Still waiting?

Mar 14:62 (KJV) And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

I’m out for tonight.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
In your view no one has been sitting on David’s throne for 2000 years which would mean jer 33:17 is wrong. In my view Christ sat on it permanently when he came the first time.

Jer 33:17 (KJV) For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

Jesus said the high priest would see him coming... The high priest is dead. Still waiting?

Mar 14:62 (KJV) And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

I’m out for tonight.
Zech 14

3Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle. 4On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward. 5And you shall flee to the valley of my mountains, for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal. And you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.a

Doesn't get any clearer than that.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
IF there were a Rapture at the START of a 7-year tribulation period, then we would be able to calculate the exact date of Jesus's return and appearance in glory to earth, wouldn't we, i.e., 7 years after the date of the Rapture.
Except that the Rapture could be at any time shortly before the start of Daniel's 70th week (half of which is the Tribulation, and half of which is the Great Tribulation). And we have no business attempting to set exact dates (which have failed over and over again).

Nov 23, 2013
Zech 14

3Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle. 4On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward. 5And you shall flee to the valley of my mountains, for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal. And you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.a

Doesn't get any clearer than that.
Start a little earlier in the story and you get the time frame of chapter 14.

Zec 13:7 (KJV) Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

That was fulfilled here:

Mat 26:31 (KJV) Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

You’re way off the mark. The symbolism in Zechariah is throwing you for a loop.

You’re not going to get any where in your understanding of prophecy until you take of those dispensational blinders.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Start a little earlier in the story and you get the time frame of chapter 14.

Zec 13:7 (KJV) Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

That was fulfilled here:

Mat 26:31 (KJV) Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

You’re way off the mark. The symbolism in Zechariah is throwing you for a loop.

You’re not going to get any where in your understanding of prophecy until you take of those dispensational blinders.
Perfect chronological sequence in Zech. No problem here.

Nov 23, 2013
Perfect chronological sequence in Zech. No problem here.
So are you saying that “smite the shepherd” didn’t happen at the first coming?

delirious

Mar 16, 2017
You understand the symbolism in the Bible unlike these other guys you are talking with but you still believe in premillennialism. :unsure: That's where I don't get you lol. God bless you anyways. Just get rid of the premill and you will be in better shape!

Amill, postmill and partial-preterism all have good arguments and could be correct. They all have the 1,000 years before the second coming of Christ which is the only possibility according to Scripture. I'm only amill because I think it is most likely to be right.

It's the full-preterist nut jobs and the premills that the Scripture shows cannot be right. Let go of your premillennialism. :p

You are not blind like some of these guys you talk to in these threads and I can tell you let the Spirit lead you into truth.

Nov 23, 2013
Zec 14:8 (KJV) And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

I’m not trying to be rude but are you guys so dense that you think a literal river of literal water is going to flow out of Jerusalem?

Zech 14:8 has been fulfilled. The living waters that flow out Jerusalem is the Holy Spirit!

Nov 23, 2013
Ok so now that you know what the living water is then you should be able to figure out what the mountain and the former and hinder seas are.

Do you see it? It’s the Old Testament and the New Testament.... the washing of water of the word of God. The spirit of Christ in the old and new testaments. Wow.