If we are going to keep the SABBATH the 7th day, in HEAVEN, Why are not people keeping it now ???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Poor kid. You put the Sabbath above Christ when in fact Christ is our Sabbath. Scripture teaches us to keep our eyes focused on the Lord. That means every day.
That would be a bingo.

Our blessing is in Christ.

Not in our performance at the law.

Jun 10, 2019
Isaiah 66:22-23, Tells us that the SABBATH WILL be kept in the new Heaven And the New earth, The Sabbath is a sign and a seal that HE sanctify us. GOD bless as HE sees fit.
What bible translation is that, it’s not in the top 50 known bibles

Jun 10, 2019
ISAIAH says we will be keeping the SABBATH, the New earth and New Heaven
You have misinterpreted the verses if you read Isaiah22 23 it’s says new moon to new moon, what does revelation say.

Rev 21:23
And the city has no need of the sun, nor of the moon, that they should shine in it; for the glory of God enlightened it, and its lamp is the Lamb.

Jun 10, 2019
What Isaiah 66 is saying is it will take awhile and on that journey people will see the corpses that lay on the ground.

…22“For just as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, will endure before Me,” declares the LORD, “so your descendants and your name will endure. 23From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come to worship before Me,” says the LORD.24“As they go forth, they will see the corpses of the men who have rebelled against Me; for their worm will never die, their fire will never be quenched, and they will be a horror to all mankind.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Isaiah 66:22-23, Tells us that the SABBATH WILL be kept in the new Heaven And the New earth, The Sabbath is a sign and a seal that HE sanctify us. GOD bless as HE sees fit.
What it actually says is that all flesh will worship God from week to week and from month to month. It doesn't say anyone will keep sabbath.

But suppose it is right to interpret that it does. If it says this about sabbath it says exactly the same thing about new moon festivals.

Isaiah 66:23
And it shall come to pass [That] from one New Moon to another, And from one Sabbath to another, All flesh shall come to worship before Me, says the LORD.

Where are all the new moon festival threads??

Jun 10, 2019
What it actually says is that all flesh will worship God from week to week and from month to month. It doesn't say anyone will keep sabbath.

But suppose it is right to interpret that it does. If it says this about sabbath it says exactly the same thing about new moon festivals.

Isaiah 66:23
And it shall come to pass [That] from one New Moon to another, And from one Sabbath to another, All flesh shall come to worship before Me, says the LORD.

Where are all the new moon festival threads??
In my opinion the verses seem to say endure a horrible sight the corpses in 24, in 23 it seems to mentions a length of time about a month before worshiping God

Jun 10, 2019
I think I found it not a month but seven years.

Ezekiel 39:9
Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out, kindle fires, and burn the weapons--the bucklers and shields, the bows and arrows, the clubs and spears. For seven years they will use them for fuel.

Isaiah 34:3
Their slain will be left unburied, and the stench of their corpses will rise; the mountains will flow with their blood.

Jun 10, 2019
It seems all that is speaking of the seven year tribulation or seven years to burn all the weapons and all that.

Jun 10, 2019
Hmm thanks for post I’m digging in now, leaning about the Gog army

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
That certainly is cultic thinking. There is a customer on my mail route who is an Armstrongite and for a while he was trying to indoctrinate me into his cult by giving me literature from his church to read. This man was absolutely obsessed with the sabbath day and told me that I need to tell my employer that I can't work on Saturday because it's the sabbath day and even implied that if I don't stop working on Saturday, then I will not receive eternal life. :rolleyes: From what I gathered from the literature that this Armstrongite gave me, he was promoting "salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works." More than a subtle mixture of law and grace which is a perversion of the gospel. :cautious:
They think that if you start keeping the Sabbath, you will understand more of their "truth".

Which includes the claim that true believers become God, in the same sense as the Father and the Son.

Like I have said, Sabbathkeepers have a lot more weird doctrines than just keeping the Sabbath.

The only exception I know is the Seventh Day Baptists and Jews for Jesus and some Messianic Jewish groups.

I don't know any Judaizers who are consistent, though...as I have pointed out, they will quote verses in the OT that are right in the same context as animal sacrifices and the Levitical priesthood, but they are oblivious to the context.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
When Sabbatarians set out to worship on the Sabbath day, are they truly "keeping the Sabbath?" Keeping the Sabbath day under the old covenant involved compliance with specific regulations (Exodus 16:23; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21) that were strictly enforced.

If keeping the Sabbath day was still required, then so would the burnt offerings that went along with them (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Ezekiel 46:12). No kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath (Exodus 35:3). Every man must remain in his place on the sabbath (Exodus 16:29). No trading (Amos 8:5). No marketing (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19). This was commanded by God to Israel (Exodus 35:1).

If keeping the Sabbath day is still in affect, then why don't Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD has commanded in regards to keeping the Sabbath? How can Sabbatarians keep a certain law when they only part of it? If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to (Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36), anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

So who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? The Seventh day Adventist church? How about the Government? Since we don't live under a theocratic state as Israel did under the old covenant, no Sabbatarian can consistently live under these Mosaic regulations.
With SDAs, Ellen G. White did, in fact, declare a lot of things to be required practices in Sabbathkeeping. For instance, food had to be cooked in advance. People had to have their shoes shined prior to the Sabbath. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...if I remember right, there was something like 30 pages of materials on how to keep the Sabbath properly in a publication she wrote.

But, the most unusual was the ruling that people were not allowed to live in areas where the days were long or the nights were short..such as Alaska during some parts of the year. In my mind, that is proof that the Sabbath wasn't meant to be a universal law applying to all, because once the confines left the Mediterranean area, going as far as the poles, such rules needed to exist.

This is off track, but you should see the pics of the dresses that Ellen G. White designed as mandatory dress for SDA women..they were so embarrassing that SDA women of this age would stay at home or avoid people when wearing them. She was selling the patterns for a dollar apiece, and making a pretty tidy sum.

Check out this document called "Lying for God" if you want to see all the issues that SDAs are hiding, along with the Armstrongites. It was authored by a few former Armstrongites and an ex SDA I think.

https://www.exadventist.com/portals/0/articles/LYING FOR GOD.pdf

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
By the way...how can you keep the Sabbath in heaven? It is dependent upon being at a certain location on earth according to Sabbathkeepers..it is observed sunset to sunset.
Oh what about those poor astronauts on the international space station. They get 16 sunsets and sunrises in a 24 hr period. Those folks would have get services done quickly only a 90 minute sabbath up there .
Blessings
Bill

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
That certainly is cultic thinking. There is a customer on my mail route who is an Armstrongite and for a while he was trying to indoctrinate me into his cult by giving me literature from his church to read. This man was absolutely obsessed with the sabbath day and told me that I need to tell my employer that I can't work on Saturday because it's the sabbath day and even implied that if I don't stop working on Saturday, then I will not receive eternal life. :rolleyes: From what I gathered from the literature that this Armstrongite gave me, he was promoting "salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works." More than a subtle mixture of law and grace which is a perversion of the gospel. :cautious:
By the way, ask the Armstrongite guy if he believes he is going to become God in the resurrection.

And, ask him why Armstrongites use Colossians 2:16-17 to "prove" the Sabbath but they don't keep New Moons, mentioned in the same verse.

I have no doubt he will give you some kind of bogus answer for Colossians 2:16-17 but he can't escape the inconsistency.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Oh what about those poor astronauts on the international space station. They get 16 sunsets and sunrises in a 24 hr period. Those folks would have get services done quickly only a 90 minute sabbath up there .
Blessings
Bill

Right.

Check this document out if you want to know more inconsistencies.

It is called "Lying for God" and is written by a few ex Armstrongites and an ex SDA.

https://www.exadventist.com/portals/0/articles/LYING FOR GOD.pdf

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
According to the prophetess Ellen G. White, I am doomed anyways as an ex Sabbathkeeper.

Her visions included one which told her all people who were Sabbathkeepers, and stopped keeping it, are lost.

I don't know how widespread this knowledge is, but Ellen G. White got hit in the head with a rock and almost died as a young lady. The type of damage she sustained is known to affect the brain and to cause hallucinations.

Her family claimed that she lifted a huge Bible in one hand, and preached from it..as well, they claimed she stopped breathing for hours at a time.

If their claims were true (which I doubt), I am guessing she was demonically influenced.

Be careful how you determine if someone is possessed with a demon. If you read the Bible they also accused Jesus of being or having a demon.... Only God really knows the persons internal intentions and beliefs and if they put God first in their life or not. Don't know if I would try and make that judgment, but then what do I know I have also been accused of the same.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Be careful how you determine if someone is possessed with a demon. If you read the Bible they also accused Jesus of being or having a demon.... Only God really knows the persons internal intentions and beliefs and if they put God first in their life or not. Don't know if I would try and make that judgment, but then what do I know I have also been accused of the same.
I simply brought up the possibility.

Another possibility is that she had mental disease from being hit in the head with the rock.

Another possibility is that she and her followers were liars, who overexaggerated the various events they have claimed including lifting a humungus family bible with one hand and stopping breathing for hours.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I simply brought up the possibility.

Another possibility is that she had mental disease from being hit in the head with the rock.

Another possibility is that she and her followers were liars, who overexaggerated the various events they have claimed including lifting a humungus family bible with one hand and stopping breathing for hours.

Not that you will do it or read it...But one of the best books she ever wrote was called the Desire of Ages all about the life of Christ. It is one of the best books on His life and recommended by the Library of Congress.

"The Desire of Ages" is like a harmony of the gospels. In it, Ellen G. ... Of the thousands of books in the Library of Congress on the life of Jesus, this classic by Ellen G. White is one of the most used and asked for.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
PS by the way Ellen White had a lot of accomplishments for a woman with such an injury. Many of us o.k. people haven't done as much.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Not that you will do it or read it...But one of the best books she ever wrote was called the Desire of Ages all about the life of Christ. It is one of the best books on His life and recommended by the Library of Congress.

"The Desire of Ages" is like a harmony of the gospels. In it, Ellen G. ... Of the thousands of books in the Library of Congress on the life of Jesus, this classic by Ellen G. White is one of the most used and asked for.
I wouldn't read it.

She was a heretic.

I am an ex Armstrongite. I can't even stomach reading Armstrong's books anymore.

The Library of Congress endorsement does nothing for me. If a well-known, sound, conservative Christian endorsed a book, I might read it..but they aren't going to endorse Ellen G. White's works.

By the way, it seems as though she didn't even believe her own theology. She recounted a vision where her dead husband was taking a carriage ride with her. The impression was that it was an actual supernatural encounter with him, however, her soul sleep doctrine made this claim an inconsistent one.

Additionally, she ate meat even while claiming Christians should be vegetarians. She talks about licking her chops over oysters or a roast or something in some of her works.

And, she definitely believed masturbation and nymphomania was caused by eating meat, hot cereals, spices, etcetera.

And, she believed in amalgamation..ie, that various races of men reflected animal characteristics because man bred with animals and imparted human characteristics to them, and vice versa. This seems to be racist to me.

By the way, all these things were common beliefs during her era, so she wasn't the origin of these loonier teachings, but as a "prophetess", she should have been aware that they were false.

I find it amusing that folks claim to be prophets yet God didn't clue them in on some of the most simple facts. William Branham would be another such example. He promoted Jim Jones' ministry, and years later Jones leads 900 people to mass suicide. Seems like God would influence the understanding of alleged prophets concerning such massive future events.

The reality? They are lying prophets who prophecy from their vain imaginations. That's my take on it, anyways.