If we are going to keep the SABBATH the 7th day, in HEAVEN, Why are not people keeping it now ???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Read Galatians 3-4 and focus on this, as this is what Paul is describing. They are claiming that laws meant to bring babies to maturity (the Jews) are the measuring standard. They are a bit like adult males who still require their mommies to walk across the street with them.
The book of Galatians is a book containing 6 very short chapters. In these 6 chapters circumcision is mentioned 16 times. The commandments are not mentioned once. Yet you claim Galatians is all about the 10 commandments. The law of circumcism is one of the carnal ordinances of the law that were nailed to the cross. Youse that wish to do away with Gods 10 commandments will also try and tell you that the ordinances and the ten commandments are simply parts of the law and are not separate from one another. In saying that they will point to a scripture thats speaking of circumcision and then apply that scripture to Gods 10 commandments. This is done to extreme in the book of Galatians. The scripture below separates the law, the commandments and the ordinances

2 KINGS 17 [36] But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.[37] AND the statutes, AND the ordinances, AND the law, AND the commandment, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore; and ye shall not fear other gods.

AND means AND....

1 COR. 7 [19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

And although the law of circumcision was nailed to the cross, Gods law (the 10 commandments) are to be kept.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
the Sabbath was given to Israel as a part of the Sacred calendar . the judeaizers do not " keep the Sabbath" unless they are 100% exactly using that calendar.
And then many of the deluded Sabbatarians think the Sabbath is Sunday.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
The book of Galatians is a book containing 6 very short chapters. In these 6 chapters circumcision is mentioned 16 times. The commandments are not mentioned once. Yet you claim Galatians is all about the 10 commandments. The law of circumcism is one of the carnal ordinances of the law that were nailed to the cross. Youse that wish to do away with Gods 10 commandments will also try and tell you that the ordinances and the ten commandments are simply parts of the law and are not separate from one another. In saying that they will point to a scripture thats speaking of circumcision and then apply that scripture to Gods 10 commandments. This is done to extreme in the book of Galatians. The scripture below separates the law, the commandments and the ordinances

2 KINGS 17 [36] But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.[37] AND the statutes, AND the ordinances, AND the law, AND the commandment, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore; and ye shall not fear other gods.

AND means AND....

1 COR. 7 [19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

And although the law of circumcision was nailed to the cross, Gods law (the 10 commandments) are to be kept.
No, you are claiming false things about what I have said.

I said that the Law is one unified law, and it is false to divide it out into Ten Commandments and Book of the Covenant. This is a false Seventh Day Adventist system.

In reality, there is one unified law, whose basis is the moral law of God. It is not correct to parse it out into the Ten Commandmants and the Book of the Covenant, as the Book of the Covenant is largely about application of the moral law of God within the Israelite context.

Believers are not under the Israelite context.

And, you are also being dishonest in claiming that physical circumcision was the only issue mentioned. In fact, days are mentioned.

Galatians 4:8-11 8 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years! 11 I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain.
(ESV Strong's)

Therefore, the Judaizers were seeking to claim that calendar observances are part of what earns God's favor, and Paul is clear that justification is by FAITH ALONE in JESUS CHRIST ALONE.

Days only pointed toward Jesus as the believers' spiritual rest.

Now, do I believe that Christians should not assemble one day a week? NO!!!! However this is not required, and Christians are no longer attached to the old order, which is the Mosaic Covenant regulations. They meet on Sunday, which is the day of the resurrection, and they belong to the NEW ORDER.

Judaizers actually belong to the OLD ORDER and in many cases, they are basically rejecting Christ by holding onto the Mosaic order.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
It comes down to this; do I belong to the old order, or do I belong to Jesus?

Is my righteousness through the Law, or is it through being joined to Jesus, and sharing his spiritual assets?

I belong to the new order, and to Jesus, and not to the old order.

And observing days and dietary laws are indications that I, in fact, have faith in the old order and being justified by law.

I am not enough of a fool to proclaim that. I belong to Jesus and the new order.

Some may observe the Sabbath and still belong to the new order, but I don't think they are going to be judaizers who are judging others over issues of days and meats.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
I care nothing about issues regarding calendar observances or diet.

The issue is whether a person is living a life that is centered around God and pleasing
The claim that observance of days and meats reflects this belongs to the Mosaic Covenant, I think.

The believer rejoices in the resurrection of Jesus, and the fact that, being joined to him, the believer experiences the SAME RESURRECTION, in terms of being raised from spiritual deadness to spiritual life now...and in the future, will experience the resurrection of his body at the return of Jesus.

I believe it is wrong and counter-productive to insist that observance of days and dietary laws pleases God, but if some believers, who have been genuinely united with Christ, believe otherwise, I have no real problem with it unless they are judging non-observers, which is invariably what tends to happen. I know a few who do not, but it is very few.

The spirit of the Judaizer does not align with this, though. His fundamental occupation is to judge others as being disobedient at best, and perhaps unsaved. That is pretty much what they live to do.

I know, because I was a former Judaizer, and scoffed at Christians who did not see things regarding days and meat the same way that I did. I was an ignorant, sinful Judaizer who lived to judge others. And, unfortunately, the same spirit lives amongst other judaizers.

May God show them their error and their sin, and their deceptive human hearts being led astray.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
It comes down to this; do I belong to the old order, or do I belong to Jesus?

Is my righteousness through the Law, or is it through being joined to Jesus, and sharing his spiritual assets?

I belong to the new order, and to Jesus, and not to the old order.

And observing days and dietary laws are indications that I, in fact, have faith in the old order and being justified by law.

I am not enough of a fool to proclaim that. I belong to Jesus and the new order.

Some may observe the Sabbath and still belong to the new order, but I don't think they are going to be judaizers who are judging others over issues of days and meats.
I feel the same way. I have nothing against anyone observing the twilight fri.- twilight sat. , or the feasts and festivals , if they want.
but, when someone tries to tell me that I HAVE to, or I am not right with God, then do have a problem over that..

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
And, you are also being dishonest in claiming that physical circumcision was the only issue mentioned. In fact, days are mentioned.

Galatians 4:8-11 8 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years! 11 I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain.
(ESV Strong's)
You need a real bible my friend. See how your book left out the word times? Its the key word AND THE ONLY WORD your book changed. Coincidence? Rule 38.

GAL.4 [8] Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.[9] But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? [10] YE OBSERVE DAYS, AND MONTHS, AND TIMES, AND YEARS.[11] I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Galatians 4 says nothing about sabbaths or feast days. Its speaking of those who observe times.

DEUT.18 [9] When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.[10] There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, OR AN OBSERVER OF TIMES, or an enchanter, or a witch,[11] Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

The same thing goes on to this very day. Its speaking of the occult. Those who observe certain days by use of horoscopes?

2 CHR.33 [3] For he built again the high places which Hezekiah his father had broken down, and he reared up altars for Baalim, and made groves, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.[4] Also he built altars in the house of the LORD, whereof the LORD had said, In Jerusalem shall my name be for ever.[5] And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD.[6] And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: ALSO HE OBSERVED TIMES, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger

Enchantments, witchcraft, familiar spirits, and wizards. Its speaking of the occult. Not following sabbath days.

LEV.19 [26] Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, NOR OBSERVE TIMES.[27] Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.[28] Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.[29] Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.[30] YE SHALL KEEP MY SABBATHS, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

I guess this scripture says it all. You shall not observe times BUT you will keep my sabbaths.

ACTS 8 [9] But there was a certain man, called SIMON, which beforetime in the same city USED SORCERY, AND BEWITCHED THE PEOPLE of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: [10] To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God. [11] And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had BEWITCHED THEM WITH SORCERIES.

GALATIANS 3 [1] O foolish Galatians, WHO HATH BEWITCHED YOU, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Little more scriptural proof as to what Gal.4 is speaking of. The occult. Sorcery and the such

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
I feel the same way. I have nothing against anyone observing the twilight fri.- twilight sat. , or the feasts and festivals , if they want.
but, when someone tries to tell me that I HAVE to, or I am not right with God, then do have a problem over that..
EZEKIEL 20 [12] Moreover also I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN between me and them, that they might know THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM.

The sabbath is a sign between God and his people that the “Lord does sanctify them”.

ISAIAH 66 [15] For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.[16] For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.[17] THEY THAT SANCTIFY THEMSELVES, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, EATING SWINE'S FLESH, and the abomination, and the mouse, SHALL BE CONSUMED together, saith the LORD.

If THE SABBATH IS A SIGN THAT GOD SANCTIFYS YOU. Who are those that “sanctify themselves”?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
EZEKIEL 20 [12] Moreover also I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN between me and them, that they might know THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM.

The sabbath is a sign between God and his people that the “Lord does sanctify them”.

ISAIAH 66 [15] For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.[16] For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.[17] THEY THAT SANCTIFY THEMSELVES, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, EATING SWINE'S FLESH, and the abomination, and the mouse, SHALL BE CONSUMED together, saith the LORD.

If THE SABBATH IS A SIGN THAT GOD SANCTIFYS YOU. Who are those that “sanctify themselves”?
the Sabbath was given to Israel only. in the Covenant God made with Israel at Sinai. them only. covenants are made between 2 parties , actually entered into by both parties.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Yeah, there's very few Sabbatarians who don't have that attitude, whether they express it or not.

I know a Seventh Day Baptist, though, and it seems like he doesn't believe that. And, also the Jews for Jesus group doesn't claim that. They believe they should keep the Sabbath and festivals in order to witness to their Jewish family members.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
the Sabbath was given to Israel only.
Jesus tells us...

Mark 2:27-28 (KJV)
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

The sabbath was made for man. Not only Israel

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Jesus tells us...

Mark 2:27-28 (KJV)
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

The sabbath was made for man. Not only Israel

Firstly, Israelites were men.

Therefore Christ's statement is true, regardless if it is part of the Mosaic Covenant ceremonies or not.

It was largely a reminder of God's liberation of Israel from slavery to Egypt. They could now rest a day, instead of working all the time.

By the way, I have no issue with someone who thinks there is value in resting one day a week. I have issues with those who say that the man is obligated to observe Saturday, or they are under the Mark of the Beast (or will be). And, that is what many Judaizers teach.

I know because I was one of them.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I am telling you that God created a Sabbath Day and that is the last day of the week. God told you to keep it holy and scripture explains how to do that.

No one can tell anyone they "have to" obey God, it is your choice.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
I am telling you that God created a Sabbath Day and that is the last day of the week. God told you to keep it holy and scripture explains how to do that.

No one can tell anyone they "have to" obey God, it is your choice.
He told the Israelites that they needed to keep it holy, and it was one of the signs of the covenant they had with God. The other was physical circumcision.

Physical circumcision was the entry sign of the covenant, and the Sabbath was the continuing, remembrance sign.

We are not Israelites.

You can find no proof that Gentiles were commanded to keep the Sabbath in the Bible.

The best you can do is show a verse or two in Acts where Gentiles and Jews attended synagogue meetings with Paul. And, this proves nothing. Gentiles were there to hear the Law read, in a Jewish synagogue.

There's no teaching that non-Jewish Christians were required to keep the Sabbath, or unclean meat laws.

And, Paul certainly would have mentioned this if it was a requirement under the New Covenant. Sabbathbreaker.jpg

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
This meme is a monument at Barrows, Alaska.

In Barrows, a single day lasts 2000 hours. The Sun never drops below the horizon during this 83 day period.

Ellen G. White, realizing the implications of this, did not allow Seventh Day Adventists to live in areas such as Barrows. This is because Sabbathkeepers would not reasonably be able to keep the Sabbath by resting 83 days.

In an extreme way, this example illustrates the problem with Sabbathkeeper teaching, but related issues exist.

The Sabbatarian claim is that the Sabbath must be observed, sunset to sunset, in the area where the person lives. However, if they live in Barrows, they would be observing a perpetual Sabbath for 2000 hours. And, if they were on the space station, that would be a problem because observing the Sabbath depends on a particular location on earth.

Additionally, if they understood the astronomical facts regarding Sabbathkeeping, they would realize that someone is keeping the Sabbath in some area 36 hours of the week, which is more than 24 hours.

How is this a problem? God created the earth in six days. One twenty-four hour period was left. God sanctified this particular day of the week, and he ceased creating on this day.

According to them, only one 24-hour period was sanctified, yet 36-hours are being observed by SDAs in any given week. This is due to the rotation of the earth.

So, which SDAs are actually ouside of that 24 hour period every week, and are Sabbath-breakers? Is it all the ones that are not in Israel, assuming this general area was near the Garden of Eden?

This shows the inconsistency of their theology.

The Sabbath law was coherent, though, for the Israelites, who were in the same general location at the time of Christ.

The Sabbath is a ceremonial aspect of the Mosaic Covenant, just like the other calendar observances. The Mosaic Covenant is no longer in effect. Therefore, the Sabbath is no longer in effect. Christians observe the Lord's Day due to the resurrection of Christ. It is not the NT Sabbath, though, despite the claims of some non-Sabbatarians. However, it is a worthy day of worship due to it's connection to the resurrection of Jesus. And, in the NT, we see believers assembling on this day. Jesus appeared to his disciples on this day, too. It seems as if the Sabbath was still required, Jesus would have appeared to them on the Sabbath after the resurrection. But, if he did, it is never recorded.

The Mosaic Covenant was specific to a given people (Israel) during a specific time period (Moses to Jesus) in a specific land (Israel) under a specific type of government (theocracy or semi-autonomous state) involving a specific worship system (Levitical sacrifices and a Temple). The conditions no longer exist.

Barrows Alaska.jpg

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Old testament is a shadow of new testament

When the new come, we No longer use the old.

What is the new?

Jesus teach the new as the essence or the real meaning of the old one

Matt 22
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,

Jesus say oN These 2 commandment hang all the law.

It is mean the law of sabbath hang oN love.

When you do love God and you love your neighbors you do sabbath law.

Even If you not work oN sabbath but you do not love God and your neighbors, you not do sabbath.

I believe Jesus able to see what is in our heart, do we have love or not.

We can do what ever we want, give our body to be burn, without love is nothing

1 Corinthians 13:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Though I never work oN sabbath without love It profit he th me nothing

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
The Sabbath is not a moral issue, but is a ceremonial issue, just like the rest of the calendar observances.
The fact that God said to remember the Sabbath Day, cease from work and keep it holy because on it he ceased on the seventh day from all his works which he made. And God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it he ceased from all his works which God began to do, makes it a moral issue. In your line of reasoning one could say that partaking of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was not that big of a deal either.

If God blesses and sanctifies something does it cease to be blessed, set apart, Does it cease to be sanctified, Made Holy?

NO.

We might be a defilement in the day by trying to enter in it by not being connected to Christ but that defilement does not in anyway take away the fact that since the beginning of our time the day was made holy and was blessed, set apart for Holy use. Which BTW the Seventh Day was still recorded as being blessed, set apart and Sanctified, made Holy at the speaking of the commandment by GOD. AND the reason for the giving of the Commandment was stated then also. That is signified by the word "for".

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
(Exo 20:11 KJV)

Considering the reason for the day being blessed and sanctified nothing would make it not blessed and sanctified.

Will answer the rest of your post in the near future as time allows. May the Lord continue to bless us in all His Way, Christ Jesus.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
The fact that God said to remember the Sabbath Day, cease from work and keep it holy because on it he ceased on the seventh day from all his works which he made. And God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it he ceased from all his works which God began to do, makes it a moral issue. In your line of reasoning one could say that partaking of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was not that big of a deal either.

If God blesses and sanctifies something does it cease to be blessed, set apart, Does it cease to be sanctified, Made Holy?

NO.

We might be a defilement in the day by trying to enter in it by not being connected to Christ but that defilement does not in anyway take away the fact that since the beginning of our time the day was made holy and was blessed, set apart for Holy use. Which BTW the Seventh Day was still recorded as being blessed, set apart and Sanctified, made Holy at the speaking of the commandment by GOD. AND the reason for the giving of the Commandment was stated then also. That is signified by the word "for".

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Considering the reason for the day being blessed and sanctified nothing would make it not blessed and sanctified.

Will answer the rest of your post in the near future as time allows. May the Lord continue to bless us in all His Way, Christ Jesus.
I am wondering if you are claiming, once something is set apart or sanctified, it is no longer possible to be taken out of this category.
By the way, what you are doing is appealing to "creation edicts", I believe.

SDAs make the claim that any command which existed at the creation edict applies today.

Well, my issue is with SDA hermeneutics. They define the hermeneutic by which biblical truth is discerned, and do not allow their hermeneutic to be questioned.

In doing this, though, they encounter problems with their own hermeneutic, which they attempt to sweep under the rug. The one that comes to mind involves vegetarianism. That is why they claim that vegetarianism is the superior spiritual way, even though they don't require it from their membership. Their idea is that they get the membership hooked on Adventism, and THEN they will push them toward the "health gospel".

So, I question your hermeneutic claim, whether you are SDA or not. Because, like it or not, SDAs have influenced the entire population of those who insist the Sabbath still applies as a command (not as a matter of preference, which I have no issue with).

Additionally, you still have the BURDEN of proving that anyone BUT GOD rested on the first seventh day (in fact, the word implies "ceasing" in terms of ceasing creating). You are CLAIMING that man began to observe the Sabbath at the creation week, but this is unprovable. In fact, you cannot find any indication that anyone observed the Sabbath prior to God's involvement with ancient Israel following the Exodus. Any Sabbatarian who claims otherwise is not being honest.

So, first you must prove that I should accept a SDA hermeneutic that creation edicts continue in a permanent manner, then you would have to show me humans rested on the seventh day, not just God.

Why does this matter? It matters because it determines whether the Sabbath was observed by man prior to the establishment of the Mosaic Law. My position would be no, there is absolutely no proof of this.

By the way, Sabbathkeepers of the Judaizer variety will claim that unless you keep the Sabbath, you don't know the true Creator God, because you don't identify with him by keeping the Sabbath. He worked six days and rested one, and if you don't do the same thing, you don't know God, period. You cannot know God unless you are a Sabbatarian, in other words. In fact, if you don't keep the Sabbath, then you can't understand spiritual truth at all, because it is the fundamental test of being a true believer.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019

NO.

By the way, you didn't address my claim. My claim is that calendar observances in general are part of the Mosaic Law, which is no longer in effect.

Is it consistent to claim that the Sabbath is in effect, when the annual festivals, New Moons, sabbatical year, and year of Jubilee are not in effect?

I suppose your claim is that yes, it is consistent, because the Ten Commandments are in a different class than the "Book of the Covenant" which lists the other 605 commandments. But, if you read the Book of the Covenant, it is very apparent that these commandments are related to the Ten Commandments, being a deeper explanation of them, along with civil and ceremonial laws.

However, I don't accept this position of splitting the Law into two different bodies. My position is that the Ten Commandments is emblematic of the entire Law, and that the entire Law is no longer in effect. And, when I say that, I am not saying that Christians should be immoral, but their morality goes beyond the letter of the Law, and does not include all the elements of the Mosaic Law. Calendar observances would be one of those elements.

But, folks, let me tell you....if a person is a Judaizer Sabbatarian, he may not even consider you a Christian if you aren't a Sabbathkeeper. It was inconceivable to me as a Judaizer that a non-Sabbatarian was a Christian, because he failed the ultimate test, which is the Sabbath. They consider it to be the "test commandment", and if someone doesn't meet it, they are basically an unbeliever. Their scriptural claim for this is related to Exodus 16.