If we are going to keep the SABBATH the 7th day, in HEAVEN, Why are not people keeping it now ???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Argument: Rich young man was told to have eternal life he must keep the commandments.

Matt. 19:16 - 19 (NIV) - Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.” 18 “Which ones?” the man inquired. Jesus replied, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.”

What Sabbatarians commonly neglect is the rest of the context that proves the claim to be false.

Matt. 19:20 - 26 (NIV) - “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?” 21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. 23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” 25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?” 26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Argument: Aren't all Christians (even SDA's) in agreement with God today that, with the help of God's Spirit, we WILL keep His Law because we LOVE Him and we WANT to keep His Law of love?

This is an assumption. The Bible never tells us that God's spirit enables anyone to keep the old covenant law.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
I am wondering if you are claiming, once something is set apart or sanctified, it is no longer possible to be taken out of this category.
By the way, what you are doing is appealing to "creation edicts", I believe.

SDAs make the claim that any command which existed at the creation edict applies today.

Well, my issue is with SDA hermeneutics. They define the hermeneutic by which biblical truth is discerned, and do not allow their hermeneutic to be questioned.

In doing this, though, they encounter problems with their own hermeneutic, which they attempt to sweep under the rug. The one that comes to mind involves vegetarianism. That is why they claim that vegetarianism is the superior spiritual way, even though they don't require it from their membership. Their idea is that they get the membership hooked on Adventism, and THEN they will push them toward the "health gospel".

So, I question your hermeneutic claim, whether you are SDA or not. Because, like it or not, SDAs have influenced the entire population of those who insist the Sabbath still applies as a command (not as a matter of preference, which I have no issue with).

Additionally, you still have the BURDEN of proving that anyone BUT GOD rested on the first seventh day (in fact, the word implies "ceasing" in terms of ceasing creating). You are CLAIMING that man began to observe the Sabbath at the creation week, but this is unprovable. In fact, you cannot find any indication that anyone observed the Sabbath prior to God's involvement with ancient Israel following the Exodus. Any Sabbatarian who claims otherwise is not being honest.

So, first you must prove that I should accept a SDA hermeneutic that creation edicts continue in a permanent manner, then you would have to show me humans rested on the seventh day, not just God.

Why does this matter? It matters because it determines whether the Sabbath was observed by man prior to the establishment of the Mosaic Law. My position would be no, there is absolutely no proof of this.

By the way, Sabbathkeepers of the Judaizer variety will claim that unless you keep the Sabbath, you don't know the true Creator God, because you don't identify with him by keeping the Sabbath. He worked six days and rested one, and if you don't do the same thing, you don't know God, period. You cannot know God unless you are a Sabbatarian, in other words. In fact, if you don't keep the Sabbath, then you can't understand spiritual truth at all, because it is the fundamental test of being a true believer.
You do know you did not even address the point of the post you respond to. The closest you got was highlighted in bold emphasis in the beginning of your post. The rest has nothing to do with what was posted. I don't know but Personally I don't think you read it. The main reason other than the fact you did not even address the post is your second post to the one you responded to here is addressed in the last comment. Here it is again.

"The fact that God said to remember the Sabbath Day, cease from work and keep it holy because on it he ceased on the seventh day from all his works which he made. And God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it he ceased from all his works which God began to do, makes it a moral issue. In your line of reasoning one could say that partaking of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was not that big of a deal either.

If God blesses and sanctifies something does it cease to be blessed, set apart, Does it cease to be sanctified, Made Holy?

NO.

We might be a defilement in the day by trying to enter in it by not being connected to Christ but that defilement does not in anyway take away the fact that since the beginning of our time the day was made holy and was blessed, set apart for Holy use. Which BTW the Seventh Day was still recorded as being blessed, set apart and Sanctified, made Holy at the speaking of the commandment by GOD. AND the reason for the giving of the Commandment was stated then also. That is signified by the word "for".

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
(Exo 20:11 KJV)

Considering the reason for the day being blessed and sanctified nothing would make it not blessed and sanctified.

Will answer the rest of your post in the near future as time allows. May the Lord continue to bless us in all His Way, Christ Jesus."

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
You do know you did not even address the point of the post you respond to. The closest you got was highlighted in bold emphasis in the beginning of your post. The rest has nothing to do with what was posted. I don't know but Personally I don't think you read it. The main reason other than the fact you did not even address the post is your second post to the one you responded to here is addressed in the last comment. Here it is again.

"The fact that God said to remember the Sabbath Day, cease from work and keep it holy because on it he ceased on the seventh day from all his works which he made. And God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it he ceased from all his works which God began to do, makes it a moral issue. In your line of reasoning one could say that partaking of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was not that big of a deal either.

If God blesses and sanctifies something does it cease to be blessed, set apart, Does it cease to be sanctified, Made Holy?

NO.

We might be a defilement in the day by trying to enter in it by not being connected to Christ but that defilement does not in anyway take away the fact that since the beginning of our time the day was made holy and was blessed, set apart for Holy use. Which BTW the Seventh Day was still recorded as being blessed, set apart and Sanctified, made Holy at the speaking of the commandment by GOD. AND the reason for the giving of the Commandment was stated then also. That is signified by the word "for".

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Considering the reason for the day being blessed and sanctified nothing would make it not blessed and sanctified.

Will answer the rest of your post in the near future as time allows. May the Lord continue to bless us in all His Way, Christ Jesus."
don't try to.

untiedwithchrist has 100% beyond any doubt dismantled all your judeaizer talking points.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the SABBATH from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. [Blessed is the man, not just the Jews,] There is nothing in the BIBLE that changed the SABBATH, If it was HOLY then, it is HOLY NOW. sunday is a working day in the BIBLE, And is NOT HOLY at ALL,
The only way we can Keep the Sabbath is through Believing in the LORD.. each week remember to Keep the Sabbath separate because you Love He that Loves and Saved you.

One can keep the Sabbath through the Law of Faith but not according to the Law of Moses.

If you know the difference then praise the Gracious Almighty GOD.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Again.. there is no time in heaven. There is night no day. No sun no moon.. No more Mondays, Sat, Sun.. there all gone. So.. how is one to keep the Sabbath? You never age. No more days.

P

pottersclay

Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

There is a whole lot more here than just the Sabbath.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019

NO.

1. Did God institute the Sabbath at creation for all mankind according to your theology?

2. Did God set apart that particular day, or every seventh day from that point forward, according to the account?

3. If God instituted the Sabbath at creation for all mankind, rather than specifically for the Israelites, where do we see this prior to
the Exodus?

4. Why don't we see specific commandments given to Gentiles in regards to the Sabbath?

5. Do you seriously think Paul would omit mentioning the Sabbath commandment in his teachings, if it was as important as
Judaizers think it is?

6. Do you think that masters of Gentile slaves would have allowed them to keep the Sabbath, and acquiesced to their demands for
observance, in the Roman Empire?

7. If God blessed and set apart only a particular 24 hour period of time, why are Sabbathkeepers observing it, somewhere in the world,
for a total of 36 hours? It seems as though someone is breaking the Sabbath for at least 1/2 a day.

Note: answering this question requires a basic understanding of the rotation of the earth, which you may lack. I suggest studying basic astronomy.

However, if the Sabbath command was given to Israelites in the land of Israel, and was not generalized to all mankind all over the earth, then there is no issue in regards to this.

Additionally, what about the areas where the sunlight portion of a single day lasts almost 2000 hours?

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019

NO.

See, the problem is that Judaizer theology is built upon presupposition after presupposition, and I don't accept your presuppositions.

The first, and most basic one, is your claim that calendar observances (and likely diet) is a moral issue, and is not a part of the Mosaic Law.

The second presupposition is the claim concerning the creation edict. The idea is that creation edicts continue to apply. Well, Adam and Eve were held to the standard of perfect righteousness to one command, don't eat of the tree. I am not held to the standard of avoiding the fruit from a particular three. That is not my probationary condition. Therefore, creation edicts do not necessarily endure eternally.

The third presupposition is that a paticular day out of every seven was made holy at creation, and continues to be holy. First, the account says GOD ceased in his creation work, and mentions nothing about one out of every seven days in a seven day cycle. It also mentions nothing about man, from Adam to Moses, observing the Sabbath. The word isn't even mentioned.

And, as I have mentioned, amongst Sabbathkeepers, 36 hours are observed as a "Sabbath" every week due to the rotation of the earth. Since your claim is that a 24 hour piece of time each week is holy ONLY, then some Sabbathkeepers are off by at least 12 unholy hours, due to the earth's rotation.

Days and diet. Days and diet. Days and diet.

I am convinced that almost all Sabbathkeepers utter the word Sabbath much more than the word Jesus, and on top of that, I know amongst the SDAs, "Sister White" is used more than the name of Jesus. Even one of my SDA friends told me he is uncomfortable with the services in about 1/3 of the congregations, because the speaker is constantly appealing to "Sister White" more than the Bible.

My guess is that it was similar with the Armstrongites, except they appealed to Herbert Armstrong instead of "Sister White". I know they ridiculed evangelicals for their adoration of Jesus.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019

NO.

See, the problem is that Judaizer theology is built upon presupposition after presupposition, and I don't accept your presuppositions.

The first, and most basic one, is your claim that calendar observances (and likely diet) is a moral issue, and is not a part of the Mosaic Law.

The second presupposition is the claim concerning the creation edict. The idea is that creation edicts continue to apply. Well, Adam and Eve were held to the standard of perfect righteousness to one command, don't eat of the tree. I am not held to the standard of avoiding the fruit from a particular tree. That is not my probationary condition. My probationary condition relates to faith in Jesus Christ and repentance (and I'm not under probation anyways). Therefore, creation edicts do not necessarily endure eternally.

The third presupposition is that a particular day out of every seven was made holy at creation, and continues to be holy. First, the account says GOD ceased in his creation work (not rested), and mentions nothing about one out of every seven days in a seven day cycle being made holy. It talks about one day out of the first seven days being holy, not in a continuous cycle of sevens. Additionally, it also mentions nothing about man, from Adam to Moses, observing the Sabbath. The word isn't even mentioned.

You are reading the Mosaic Law back into the Genesis account, and no one has given you permission to do that. It is a presupposition you are making.

And, as I have mentioned, amongst Sabbathkeepers, 36 hours are observed as a "Sabbath" every week due to the rotation of the earth. Since your claim is that a 24 hour piece of time each week is holy ONLY, then some Sabbathkeepers are off by at least 12 unholy hours, due to the earth's rotation.

Days and diet. Days and diet. Days and diet.

I am convinced that almost all Sabbathkeepers utter the word Sabbath much more than the word Jesus, and on top of that, I suspect amongst the SDAs, "Sister White" is used more than the name of Jesus. Even one of my SDA friends told me he is uncomfortable with the services in about 1/3 of the congregations, because the speaker is constantly appealing to "Sister White" more than the Bible.

My guess is that it was similar with the Armstrongites, except they appealed to Herbert Armstrong instead of "Sister White". I know they ridiculed evangelicals for their adoration of Jesus.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA

NO way!

Considering WHO BLESSED and sanctified the day and the reason the day was blessed and sanctified nothing would make it not blessed and sanctified.
The third presupposition is that a particular day out of every seven was made holy at creation, and continues to be holy. First, the account says GOD ceased in his creation work (not rested), and mentions nothing about one out of every seven days in a seven day cycle being made holy. It talks about one day out of the first seven days being holy, not in a continuous cycle of sevens. Additionally, it also mentions nothing about man, from Adam to Moses, observing the Sabbath. The word isn't even mentioned.
Once again when God gave the commandments he mention the day being blessed and sanctified then too. So there is the proof that the blessing and sanctification of the Day was continuous.

And by the way the ceasing you mention that God did is what we are suppose to do. Cease from our works as God did from His.

How are we to cease from our work? JUST AS GOD DID; God ceased from work, He rested. I don't understand why our all powerful God rested but he did when He ceased from work. How do we know this? God told us when He gave the commandment on Mt Sinia.

Exod 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and RESTED the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

That word is the Hebrew is...
H5117 נוּחַ nuwach (noo'-ach) v.
1. to completely rest (i.e. completely settle down).
2. (used widely) to dwell, stay, let fall, place, let alone, withdraw, give comfort, etc.

Shall we go to Hebrews 4 Now

superdave5221

Jul 28, 2009
Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the SABBATH from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. [Blessed is the man, not just the Jews,] There is nothing in the BIBLE that changed the SABBATH, If it was HOLY then, it is HOLY NOW. sunday is a working day in the BIBLE, And is NOT HOLY at ALL,
Where is Scriptures does it say that we will keep the Sabbath in heaven? The Sabbath Day observance was part of the National Covenant between God and the nation of Israel. Jesus fulfilled that covenant perfectly during His lifetime of obedience to the Father and His death on the cross. In fact, Jesus fulfilled all previous covenants, (Adamic, Noahic, Abrahamic, Mosaic, Davidic), thus making the blessings of those covenants available to all those who belong to Him today. Gentile believers are still obligated to obey the moral commandments which are representative of God's character, many of which are expressed in the previous covenants. But we are not obligated to obey a covenant which was not universal to all believers, (as the moral commandments are) but was restricted to the nation of Israel. That is why the Apostles did not celebrate the Sabbath following the Resurrection, but instead met on the first day of the week. Acts 20: 7 On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul began talking to them, intending to leave the next day, and he prolonged his message until midnight. Paul and others did attend synagogues on the Sabbath, but this was only as a means to preach to the Jews who were assembled there on that day. The most important commandments in the New Covenant is to love God and one another and to celebrate the New Kingdom of God that Jesus inaugurated on every day of the week.

Mar 28, 2016
Where is Scriptures does it say that we will keep the Sabbath in heaven? The Sabbath Day observance was part of the National Covenant between God and the nation of Israel. Jesus fulfilled that covenant perfectly during His lifetime of obedience to the Father and His death on the cross. In fact, Jesus fulfilled all previous covenants, (Adamic, Noahic, Abrahamic, Mosaic, Davidic), thus making the blessings of those covenants available to all those who belong to Him today. Gentile believers are still obligated to obey the moral commandments which are representative of God's character, many of which are expressed in the previous covenants. But we are not obligated to obey a covenant which was not universal to all believers, (as the moral commandments are) but was restricted to the nation of Israel. That is why the Apostles did not celebrate the Sabbath following the Resurrection, but instead met on the first day of the week. Acts 20: 7 On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul began talking to them, intending to leave the next day, and he prolonged his message until midnight. Paul and others did attend synagogues on the Sabbath, but this was only as a means to preach to the Jews who were assembled there on that day. The most important commandments in the New Covenant is to love God and one another and to celebrate the New Kingdom of God that Jesus inaugurated on every day of the week.
Because the words first day of week is used rather than using sabbath a word that means rest without any other word meaning applied. it destroy the porosue of the word. rest giving it a time substance . Again the new addition tends to destroy the gospel concerning rest no subject to time. As the other kind cerinil shadows .that some desire to worship as if we di not walk by faith .the key to our ocmniula rest we do have in Christ. .

It should read in order to preserve the meaning of the word "rest" as a I offer below.

And upon the new era of sabbaths when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

The Greek did not even have a word to represent 7 days .It was added. and it varies between translations .Some translate it (rest) correctly in one place but use the word week in other places. Like putting square pegs in circular openings.

For some reason or other even knowing three meals were permit-able on the sabbath day . They made the bragger into a hero. When isolated from the rest of the parable.

Luke 18:11-13 King James Version (KJV)The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week,( Sabbath) I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

It should read I fast twice of the Sabbath giving up one meal and on the same day he shows how self righteous he was. $$$$.

Square peg round hole .

M

Michael29

The Shabbat was given from God to the Jewish people. That was and is eternal. As a Gentile believer, it is your choice if you'd like to partake. So no, it is not an obligation upon Non-Jews or Believers.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
And, I think that your claims regarding "handwriting" do not, in fact, refer to the Book of the Covenant, but it is talking about a list of sins against the believer prior to their salvation. It is a "list of debts"

This is the way the ESV words it:

Colossians 2:13-15 3 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.
And yet nowhere in the ESV does it state a record of sins. You and your commentators are interjecting that. Context, sentence structure and grammar mandates The Record of Debt would be what we would owe due to our sins, This is canceled because we have been forgiven. The forgiveness stated in verse 13.

The word Decrees in verse 14 is in the Dative Case in the Greek and there is definite article before it. A proper, literal rendering would be "to the decrees".

The Record of Debts to the ordinances or handwriting to the ordinances is referring to the judgments; the ceremonies and punishments recorded in the Book Of the Law which were owed if we sinned. A debt is something owed in payment. These are contrary to us. These were nailed to the cross.

The Handwriting or record of Debt to the Ordinances were a principality, were first and had power over us. Jesus spoiled them openly through the Cross.

Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

As was stated before verse 16 starts with the word "therefore" This means that it is connected to what was said before. The Judgement mentioned adds to the context already establish. We have forgiveness through Christ. Therefore let no man Judge you. Meat, drink, holy days , new moon and Sabbath Days are mentioned. These are all part of the ceremonies mentioned in the the Record of Debt; handwriting to the Ordinances that dealt with we sinned or prefigured Jesus' Death and Resurrection.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

So we can clearly see that the Sabbath Days mention are not of the Ten Commandments but are of the Book of the Law, the Handwriting to the Ordinances. Not the Ordinances themselves and definitely not of the Decalogue but the record of debt we owed if we sinned which were prescribed in the Book of The Law the handwriting to the Ordinances.

Mar 23, 2020
Buffalo, NY
Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. My name is Marc Strusa and I am an apostle and prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ by the will of God and not of man.

The Lord Jesus Christ wants to use this site during this trial and beyond to bless His people. Unfortunately wolves are being allowed to devour God's sheep here.

There is a vile man named Greggg who is bringing shame to the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and together with his minions he is bullying people into submission or banning those who do not now down.

I have contacted support multiple times but they have not responded. I paid to join so I could contact the leaders directly but despite paying my membership has not been activated.

I've been reaching out to other members but they have mocked me and chosen to turn a blind eye after minimal effort to help

Please go on the app and listen to Greggg for yourselves and then ask the Lord Jesus Christ to guide your response.

Our Heavenly Father wants to bless His people here but Satan's operatives must be expelled first.

Thank you to those who take up this cause. Together with the help of the Lord Jesus Christ we can make this sight great in glorifying God again.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. My name is Marc Strusa and I am an apostle and prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ by the will of God and not of man.

The Lord Jesus Christ wants to use this site during this trial and beyond to bless His people. Unfortunately wolves are being allowed to devour God's sheep here.

There is a vile man named Greggg who is bringing shame to the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and together with his minions he is bullying people into submission or banning those who do not now down.

I have contacted support multiple times but they have not responded. I paid to join so I could contact the leaders directly but despite paying my membership has not been activated.

I've been reaching out to other members but they have mocked me and chosen to turn a blind eye after minimal effort to help

Please go on the app and listen to Greggg for yourselves and then ask the Lord Jesus Christ to guide your response.

Our Heavenly Father wants to bless His people here but Satan's operatives must be expelled first.

Thank you to those who take up this cause. Together with the help of the Lord Jesus Christ we can make this sight great in glorifying God again.
Sorry whats this have to do with Sabbath? As they would have asked thousands of years ago.. who are you? Who knows you.. how long have you walked in what you preach/believe. Then they would all go pray.

No clue who your talking about.. but negitive from the start is not of God. Apostle/Prophet does not know this? I like how the AMP says this
" Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God’s favor) to those who hear it. "

So this does not belong here thank you.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Sorry whats this have to do with Sabbath? As they would have asked thousands of years ago.. who are you? Who knows you.. how long have you walked in what you preach/believe. Then they would all go pray.

No clue who your talking about.. but negitive from the start is not of God. Apostle/Prophet does not know this? I like how the AMP says this
" Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God’s favor) to those who hear it. "

So this does not belong here thank you.
As they would have asked thousands of years ago.. who are you? Not I think he is but if he is who he thinks he is who are we to tell him to put anything anywhere.

Mar 23, 2020
Buffalo, NY
Let's try another approach. Picture yourself looking out a window into a backyard. The yard is fenced in. There are a dozen small children running around. A man lowers a lion into the yard but as you start to run and save the children another man locks you in the cage. You start to panic. But then you see people nearby and cry out to them. Their answers perplex you as they say there's no danger without being willing to look, mock you when you scream louder knowing a vicious lion is ripping children apart or just ignore you all together.

If you think your debate about the Sabbath is more important than a lion devouring children God have mercy.