If we are vessels mint to contain God....How much of God can we contain?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
Mark: 5:1-20
This man confessed to having thousands of demons housed within himself.
So much so that when Jesus commanded them out these demons, not wonting to be cast into dry places, (which is an existence void of any living presence ) chose the two thousand head of swine near by. Not having the spiritual insight of righteous judgment these demons lost their existence which was expressed in the form of pigs and ultimately found themselves back in a dry and barren land.
Now to the point of this scripture which comes in the form of a question.
If the soul of man is vast enough to contain the presence of this many demons (thousands) which made him strong enough to brake chains with which he was bound , how much more are we able to contain the Spirit of God. And with this much of the Holy Spirit contained within a man what would be his strength ?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
God isn't measured by volume.
God is non-spatial.
So the question of "how much" God will fit into a person, is a non question.

It's like asking how much of the "number 2" will fit into a shoe.
Numbers, like 2, don't have locality, so they don't have anything to do with spatial volume... we are talking about different categories that have nothing to do with each other.

This would be a category error.

Dec 12, 2013
If faith the size of a mustard seed can move a mountain or a man like Samson can rip a iron gate off of a city and carry it for miles to the top of a mountain to make a point................................................

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
The Lord Tells us
He stands at the door and knocks if any open to Him not only does He come in but the

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
So much so that when Jesus commanded them out these demons, not wonting to be cast into dry places, (which is an existence void of any living presence ) chose the two thousand head of swine near by. Not having the spiritual insight of righteous judgment these demons lost their existence which was expressed in the form of pigs and ultimately found themselves back in a dry and barren land.
If the soul of man is vast enough to contain the presence of this many demons (thousands) which made him strong enough to brake chains with which he was bound , how much more are we able to contain the Spirit of God.

And with this much of the Holy Spirit contained within a man what would be his strength ?
You ask one question in the Title, and another here.....which question are you seeking an answer to?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If we are vessels [meant] to contain God....How much of God can we contain?
That's like asking how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Somewhat pointless.

It should be enough to know that the Holy Spirit lives within every genuine Christian, and expects to be in total control.

Apr 15, 2017
If the soul of man is vast enough to contain the presence of this many demons (thousands) which made him strong enough to brake chains with which he was bound , how much more are we able to contain the Spirit of God. And with this much of the Holy Spirit contained within a man what would be his strength ?
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain God for He is an omnipresent Spirit.

God does not have to move for He is already there which is why He could create all things so fast for He does not have to move from place to place to create, and can create things in different places at the same time.

Also we do not have our own personal Spirit that moves around with us for there cannot be a double portion of the Spirit in one place, and an empty space where the Spirit is not at, and the Spirit cannot be separated.

But we walk through the Spirit and wherever we are at the Spirit is there.

We cannot have the Spirit more than the actual space in us in actual size that we can see by our stature, for to have more than that would mean that there would be an empty space where the Spirit is not at, which cannot be.

Which is more than we need to have power against the devils, and greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Samson can rip a iron gate off of a city and carry it for miles to the top of a mountain to make a point................................................
I take my workout routine from Samson!

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
If faith the size of a mustard seed can move a mountain or a man like Samson can rip a iron gate off of a city and carry it for miles to the top of a mountain to make a point................................................
Thank you. You understand the point I am trying to make.
Its not some circus act that is going on. Christians were mint to serve each other. Our capacity to do so is determined by the presence of the Holy Spirit whiten us. I believe one day the eyes of Christians will be opened to the space whiten us. We will sweep our space clean and prepare ourselves for Christ in a new way. All we need is enough to make the size of a mustard seed.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain God for He is an omnipresent Spirit.

God does not have to move for He is already there which is why He could create all things so fast for He does not have to move from place to place to create, and can create things in different places at the same time.

Also we do not have our own personal Spirit that moves around with us for there cannot be a double portion of the Spirit in one place, and an empty space where the Spirit is not at, and the Spirit cannot be separated.

But we walk through the Spirit and wherever we are at the Spirit is there.

We cannot have the Spirit more than the actual space in us in actual size that we can see by our stature, for to have more than that would mean that there would be an empty space where the Spirit is not at, which cannot be.

Which is more than we need to have power against the devils, and greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world.

So if I understand you ,please correct me if I'm wrong, your conviction is demons are free to occupy the soul of a man in numbers that alter the physical strength of that man...but the Holy Spirit does not offer Himself in such a capacity .
Why does the scripture tell us we should be FILLED with all of the knowledge of God.
Why does it say we are earthen vessels mint for the glory of God.
You cannot have the glory of God without God Himself. He did tell us He would not share His Glory with any man. So if you ,in your life, express the Love of Go to anyone you are simply channeling His glory and in the process you grow in strength of your faith.
The more you share the more you have.......So I ask again.......How far can this go can you ever obtain faith the size of a mustard seed?
And if you could obtain faith the size of a mustard seed would it be you that expresses that faith or would it be the presences of the Holy Spirit working from within you?

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
God isn't measured by volume.
God is non-spatial.
So the question of "how much" God will fit into a person, is a non question.

It's like asking how much of the "number 2" will fit into a shoe.
Numbers, like 2, don't have locality, so they don't have anything to do with spatial volume... we are talking about different categories that have nothing to do with each other.

This would be a category error.

Dear Maxwell : Do you ever long for the presence of God in your life?
Its hard for a person such as yourself who has invested so much of their life in pursuit of mans knowledge to give it up for the sake of the Kingdom Of God.
Men such as yourself who have invested so much time and money in the pursuit of higher education have a difficult time accepting
when it comes to the Kingdom of God it is all for nought.
But do not despair remember Paul was a very educated man himself but God found away to turn him to the Kingdom of God.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
I should post a correction to the title of my thread post.
Instead of ...if we are vessels
it should read because we are vessels

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Dear Maxwell : Do you ever long for the presence of God in your life?
Its hard for a person such as yourself who has invested so much of their life in pursuit of mans knowledge to give it up for the sake of the Kingdom Of God.
Men such as yourself who have invested so much time and money in the pursuit of higher education have a difficult time accepting
when it comes to the Kingdom of God it is all for nought.
But do not despair remember Paul was a very educated man himself but God found away to turn him to the Kingdom of God.

Apologies
:

Sometimes I say things very curtly, and they come off wrong.

I didn't mean to be rude.
But I'm looking back at my post, and realize it was so curt that it probably seemed rude.

I apologize if my previous post was curt or abrasive.
I really wasn't trying to be rude or offensive.

My apologies.

Strange Things In Scripture:
However, there are all kinds of things in scripture.
Some of those things, like the nature of God, are very very strange.
How do we, as finite creatures, understand all of God's infinite attributes?
Even more difficult, how do we understand all the ways those infinite attributes overlap each other, and interact with time and space, and interact with humans?

Shoulders of Giants:
These are hard questions that theologians have been working on for almost 2 millennia.
Christians have often said, referring to all the great pastors, teachers, and theologians who've gone before us, that "We stand on the shoulders of giants."
And we can be very thankful for this.
I'm thankful for all the great pastors and teachers we have, and all the great pastors and teachers who have gone before.

Even though I'm nothing but an ant, I can be thankful for the view an ant can have of scripture, because I can stand on the shoulders of giants.

If God has given us, for 2,000 years, giants in theology, who devoted their hearts and lives to the study of scripture, then we should be thankful and grateful. We should appreciate those giants, and avail ourselves of the work they've done.

Let's not be adverse to a little climb: let's climb up onto the shoulders of those giants, and let's avail ourselves of those things God has provided for us.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
You ask one question in the Title, and another here.....which question are you seeking an answer to?
Apologies:

Sometimes I say things very curtly, and they come off wrong.

I didn't mean to be rude.
But I'm looking back at my post, and realize it was so curt that it probably seemed rude.

I apologize if my previous post was curt or abrasive.
I really wasn't trying to be rude or offensive.

My apologies.

Strange Things In Scripture:
However, there are all kinds of things in scripture.
Some of those things, like the nature of God, are very very strange.
How do we, as finite creatures, understand all of God's infinite attributes?
Even more difficult, how do we understand all the ways those infinite attributes overlap each other, and interact with time and space, and interact with humans?

Shoulders of Giants:
These are hard questions that theologians have been working on for almost 2 millennia.
Christians have often said, referring to all the great pastors, teachers, and theologians who've gone before us, that "We stand on the shoulders of giants."
And we can be very thankful for this.
I'm thankful for all the great pastors and teachers we have, and all the great pastors and teachers who have gone before.

Even though I'm nothing but an ant, I can be thankful for the view an ant can have of scripture, because I can stand on the shoulders of giants.

If God has given us, for 2,000 years, giants in theology, who devoted their hearts and lives to the study of scripture, then we should be thankful and grateful. We should appreciate those giants, and avail ourselves of the work they've done.

Let's not be adverse to a little climb: let's climb up onto the shoulders of those giants, and let's avail ourselves of those things God has provided for us.

Dear Maxwell: I would like to share an observation which occur to me over many years of observation into the Kingdom of God.

Men who have dedicated themselves to education and the pursuit of knowledge have this disciple they have achieved
in their lives in expanding their knowledge when ever and where ever they can. I have noticed that these individuals are
always ready to learn and understand more about anything put before them.
Even tho I myself have set under men who called themselves doctors or Phds and so forth I never fully developed an
ability to refine my communication skills.
I understand scripture when I read. But no matter how long I spend studying I always seem to fall short in my efforts to
communicate what I fell God has revealed to me.
On the other hand someone like you with an expanded mine into words and communication have ,which you came by
with great cost and sacrifice , always have an advantage. When someone with an investment into education in whatever
form turns their life over to God it does not mean they loose these thing it just means they are redirected.
And people like me will always be confined to the level of my education when trying to communicate
What takes me an hour to put on paper will take you fifteen min.
In short I respect your investment and sacrifice and what you have achieved in your education and ability to communicate . What is on your mind.

I am constrained by the Holy Spirit to leave any revelation of the scripture between you and Himself.
In the mean time I will continue trying to chat in a manner that might hold your interest to some degree.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Dear Maxwell: I would like to share an observation which occur to me over many years of observation into the Kingdom of God.

Men who have dedicated themselves to education and the pursuit of knowledge have this disciple they have achieved
in their lives in expanding their knowledge when ever and where ever they can. I have noticed that these individuals are
always ready to learn and understand more about anything put before them.
Even tho I myself have set under men who called themselves doctors or Phds and so forth I never fully developed an
ability to refine my communication skills.
I understand scripture when I read. But no matter how long I spend studying I always seem to fall short in my efforts to
communicate what I fell God has revealed to me.
On the other hand someone like you with an expanded mine into words and communication have ,which you came by
with great cost and sacrifice , always have an advantage. When someone with an investment into education in whatever
form turns their life over to God it does not mean they loose these thing it just means they are redirected.
And people like me will always be confined to the level of my education when trying to communicate
What takes me an hour to put on paper will take you fifteen min.
In short I respect your investment and sacrifice and what you have achieved in your education and ability to communicate . What is on your mind.

I am constrained by the Holy Spirit to leave any revelation of the scripture between you and Himself.
In the mean time I will continue trying to chat in a manner that might hold your interest to some degree.

God made us all different on purpose.

It's good that we're all different.
We all have different strengths so we can all work together, and help each other.
We can all learn from each other, and we can all help each other, and we all NEED help from each other...
that's how God ordered the church to work.

Please keep posting interesting posts.
And if we see things differently at times, that's alright.
That helps everyone to think and grow and stretch.

God Bless.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Wouldn't our entire being be that container that God created from His will and power when He first created humans from the dust of the ground. And breathed into the nostrils so as to make that first one a living soul?
Our entire being is from God.
I think when the Holy Spirit indwells us it i a matter of God awakens what lay dormant , separated, from our awareness of the divine because prior to our re-generation in Christ, our re-birth as a new saved creation by God's grace, we were focused on our sense of self being co-relative to the world.
When we repent and are regenerated by God's grace part of that rebirth process is to awaken our awareness of the divine power and authority and presence within us. That separation that once was pertains to consciousness. Because when God created the first of our kind from the dust of the ground that He'd created, all those elements that comprise the dust were made by and from God's power.
We weren't really separate from our creator. We were instead unconscious of our very present, Omni-Present, God.
At least that's what I think.