I like what J- wrote about the Trinity, that God is three in one, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I also like what he’s said about OSAS.
However, his use of verses to try to support a strict perfectionism in which one serious sin means loss of salvation is probably misleading. In a way, OSASers can use “strict perfectionists” as a strawman to support their OSAS claims, and a “strict perfectionist” can use OSASers as a strawman to support their perfectionist claims.
Somewhere inbetween God’s grace, mercy and judgment is being mocked. Obedience to Jesus’ words is very important, whether a person thinks he’s saved or not. However, the Lord’s prayer says, “forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors” shows that God is a merciful God, besides having righteous judgment. Revelation 22:12-16 – Jesus said --
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
[SUP]13[/SUP]I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
[SUP]14[/SUP]Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
[SUP]15[/SUP]For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
[SUP]16[/SUP]I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
OSASers and “strict perfectionists” need to consider both God’s mercy and judgment. Eternal life is at stake.