If you could escape from "real" life?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
If you could escape from "real" life and live anywhere in the world, under the world (sea/ ocean ) or outside of the world (another planet/ space) where would is be?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm the most boring person I know. I can't think of anywhere I would rather be than home. Preferably on a night when we have a family dinner with all the aunts and uncles and cousins coming over. That beats anything else I know or can imagine. But then again, I know I don't know a lot and my imagination is boring.

Oct 7, 2019
If you could escape from "real" life and live anywhere in the world, under the world (sea/ ocean ) or outside of the world (another planet/ space) where would is be?
I would prefer to be here (if I can't yet be in Heaven) and be on the back of a horse.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I'm the most boring person I know. I can't think of anywhere I would rather be than home. Preferably on a night when we have a family dinner with all the aunts and uncles and cousins coming over. That beats anything else I know or can imagine. But then again, I know I don't know a lot and my imagination is boring.
Contentment is a wonderful gift from God. Your gratitude is a blessing to Him.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I used to love to go to Istanbul. It is not the same anymore but it has wonderful memories. If I could go back to a happier time, before Syria had all its tragedies, I would escape to explore the underground cities of Cappadocia, the ruins of Ephesus and the backstreet stalls that lead to the Egyptian spice market. I would sit on the rooftop of a local rug shop, at midnight, and share a bbq with tourists, Kurds and Turks.I'd watch the gulls lit up by lights as they circle the Blue Mosque. I'd talk about faith, family and flying carpets. In the evening I would sit at an outdoor cafe and I'd listen to the music and talk with local artists. I'd watch the life on the street, see the dancing, the flirting and the humour. I'd write the stories I that unfold in front of me and make instant friends with other female travellers.
Now I have the memories and I can always visit there them whenever I wish. :)