If you could go back in time, what would you change or choose differently?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Wanting to go back and make choices that may be more Godly and God honoring is "pretty much taking God's plan out of human existence"?

If it's God's plan, why isn't anyone doing it? Your very much entitled to think any way you want.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If I could turn back time
If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that hurt you
And you'd stay
If I could reach the stars
I'd give 'em all to you
Then you'd love me, love me
Like you used to do

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I’ve got lots of regrets about things I’ve done in the past. But if I could go back in time, I’d probably change almost nothing. Why? Well, if you truly go back in time, you lose all knowledge of the future. So you have no ability to correct your mistakes
I have no regrets but after thinking about this thread a while, I think I would have definitely considered having had more children than 2 and lived simpler if I had it to do over ..

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
I think I would like to go back if given a chance to a particular event in my life and correct a mistake I've made... oh well if only we could turn back time, but it sure made me a little wiser than before.

Sep 28, 2019
I think I would like to go back if given a chance to a particular event in my life and correct a mistake I've made... oh well if only we could turn back time, but it sure made me a little wiser than before.
Well, sometimes we are tested. Not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Ask Cher she wrote a song about it

Jun 5, 2020
If I could turn back time, I would trust God more, believe in Him more, and take more chances. Too many opportunities I've missed or simply did not do because I was too busy preserving self, and the image that others had of me. But now, now I could care less what others think, as long as I do no harm.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Do you have her contact? Since you recommended 😊
sadly no but she was singing about it way back in the previous century. Maybe look up on you tube.

its called 'If I could turn back time' . The last I saw she was singing on Mamma Mia 2 and appeared as a grandma singing Abba songs.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thinking on this question well as Christians we do what we know to do...repent!

I suppose the repenting bit takes the rest of our lives, but we do it anyway. The good thing about repenting is...we are forgiven, and God can restore what the locusts have eaten.

Sep 13, 2018
Well this thread is interesting to me as I know I've had a good life and have precious few regrets, but I can think of 3 or 4 things I would go back and do differently if I had them to do over. What they all have in common is that they're times I wish I had been more bold, understanding, or loving and less passive and willing to go along with what was expected. I don't know that it would have made my life any easier to do those things differently but I wish I got a do over.

All that to say I'm rather surprised at the number of people who wouldn't change anything given the chance; have to wonder if it's lack of imagination, lack of memory, or maybe just things were difficult enough that no one wants to think about having to go through it again. (hmmm maybe I should set a reminder for next march and make a thread about what do you wish you'd done differently in the corona virus lockdown, we might have enough distance from it to see how ridiculous some of our behaviors were by then)
I would'nt have taken relationship's for granted...

Sep 28, 2019
thinking on this question well as Christians we do what we know to do...repent!

I suppose the repenting bit takes the rest of our lives, but we do it anyway. The good thing about repenting is...we are forgiven, and God can restore what the locusts have eaten.
For sure, Amen 🙏

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that hurt you
And you'd stay
If I could reach the stars
I'd give 'em all to you
Then you'd love me, love me
Like you used to do
Ask Cher she wrote a song about it
Beat you to it! :p

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Tve snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory so many times, the list of regret is long.
Tomorrow is then, yesterday a blur, today is today.
What now? Well, im gonna clean the bathroom.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
Hmm...I think some would be...
Hugging a little longer.
Holding a little tighter.
Speaking truth a little louder.
Walking away sooner.
Getting on board with some things faster.
Listening more carefully.
Refraining from commenting on some issues.
Thinking more before I spoke.

I'm sure I'll think of more as the day goes on. ❤

S

Scribe

I would slap that bat soup away from that person in China!