If you had to

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
One last day to spend with your loves, what would you do, and what verse would you want to share with them to ease the good byes, to come.

I think that I would be with my Mama, my daughters and their families. I would ask them to do me a favor...to read and keep reading the word, finding their food and healing in Him. And I would ask them when thinking of me to please remember the Good Lord in me. I'd tell them the He in me, is the same One who will heal them, yes the He in them.

Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.
Jeremiah 15:16 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/jer.15.16.NASB

I pray we are all finding our joy and delight in His word, consuming His sustenance daily.

M

Miri

Ive had several last days/episodes with my elderly aunt.

She is 83 now and I have looked after her as her carer for a long time.
At least 4 occasions it looked like she would not make it.

The second time was in 2015, she suddenly became very sleepy, very ill, she woke me up in
the middle of the night saying she needed the bathroom but she could not pass
anything.

That was the start of a 12 week nightmare, I called an ambulance they took her to
hospital where she just seemed to collapse. The doctors said she had kidney failure,
heart failure, her lungs were failing she could not breathe (later it turned out she
had severe undiagnosed COPD). Scans showed she had also had 2 mini stokes TIAs.
Also very high potassium levels, the doctor said he had never seen a living person
with potassium levels so high. (Potassium is what they use to stop the heart during
the lethal injections).

That first week she was barely conscious or aware of her surroundings, the heart
trace monitor was all over the place. For 4 days I was told to go home each evening
and they would ring me when she died in the night.

I prayed and prayed for her and so did a friend who visited. Then one night i had
a dream that a person was standing over my aunt by her bedside. He had long wavy
brown hair, I could not see his face as his head was bent low but he had a sort of
small metal cup with holes in the bottom. He was sprinkling her with something, then
I woke up.

The next day I had the idea of taking some oil in and anointing her with it, but I did
not know what to put it in. We had some specimen water sample bottles in the house,
the sort you take a water sample to the doctors in!

I poured some olive oil in one (it was unused!) and took it to the hospital.
Of course olive oil is yellow and I just hoped no-one would see and send me
to the funny farm thinking it was something else.

I prayed and dabbed the oil in her forehead it seemed the right thing to do.

Day 5 the consultant who said she would not survive, came to see us and was
very blustery and mumbled something about "oh she is still alive we had better move
her to the respiratory unit". His arrogance and poor communication skills were
appalling.

They moved her to the respiratory unit where she should have been all along, its one step
down from intensive case.

They put her on the full resus equipment including CPAP masks. After a few hours she
woke up. She was still very poorly and it took 12 weeks to get her back home with
oxygen equipment provided. We did not even know if she would be able to gain her
strength back and go home or whether she would end up bed bound needing 24/7 care.

She came home, walking, talking, laughing etc.

It was all God, but I believe the dream was also from God. Ive come to realise that
prayer opens doors, it enables God to act on our behalf it gives Him permission to
do what He wants to do. God will not force Himself onto us, prayer is a partnership
between God and us.

The moral is that you may not get time at all to speak to someone who is about to die,
they may be too far gone, unconscious etc. But it is never too later to stand in the gap
for them and bring them before God.

Even in that state God can and does still work miracles.

zahidjoseph

Sep 11, 2013
My Dear Friend .
Praise the Lord in the richly name of Christ Jesus ; It is written in the Bible ; ( John . 15 ; 16 ) "You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you" .
greeting to you from me and all the children. My name is Zahid Pervaz from Pakistan. I am teach the children from the Word of God . I am reading the daily Bible for the poor children . they are living rented house , the Parents of children have no enough resources to give good food and getting good education to them and very difficult to pay the bills gas and electric . they earning something hand to mouth because here in Pakistan the things are very costly . the children have no clothe and no food while the children have crying for the help . please please dear friend contact me for the God. God will give you reward from heaven doing this good work.
I as well as the children are especially Praying to God for your job that Almighty God provide you the work as you like and grant you good health and the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus always stay upon you and give you strengthen .
I am waiting your good response .
I am sending the children picture with attach file .
God bless you .
ZAHID FROM PAKISTAN .

Attachments