If you were a Christmas object, what would you be?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I made a simple bread pudding with a rum sauce the other day. Just a spoon taste warmed my cheeks. :giggle:
It's just as simple to make your own egg nogg as you like it, with all the recipes available and many of them given five-star ratings. Still, you may have to gather the ingredients and so, by that time, it's more convenient to just grab a carton ready-made. :)
I remember back when I used to always look forward to the holiday season, because eggnog would start appearing on store shelves.

Then about 3 or 4 years ago, I discovered I could no longer find a brand that had genuine ingredients. They all had nonfat dry milk powder, spray dried egg yolks, high fructose corn syrup... Blech!

So for the last 3 years I have been buying milk at a local farm and making my own boiled custard at home. It beats the crap out of anything on the store shelf.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I remember back when I used to always look forward to the holiday season, because eggnog would start appearing on store shelves.

Then about 3 or 4 years ago, I discovered I could no longer find a brand that had genuine ingredients. They all had nonfat dry milk powder, spray dried egg yolks, high fructose corn syrup... Blech!

So for the last 3 years I have been buying milk at a local farm and making my own boiled custard at home. It beats the crap out of anything on the store shelf.
To me, it seems best fresh from the stovetop while it's still warm, which is fitting for a winter's day, and it's just as good after it's chilled but I'm not so sure about re-warming it. :unsure:

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
For me, a non-cooker, it's always supermarket-ready.
Why limit your fire breathing skills to just roasting tanks and helicopters? Such a waste of talent.
Admittedly, this has been my usual meal plan after going about a decade with an empty nest, but recently having become a fairly new mee-maw, I've pulled out my wooden spoons again.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
To me, it seems best fresh from the stovetop while it's still warm, which is fitting for a winter's day, and it's just as good after it's chilled but I'm not so sure about re-warming it. :unsure:
Turns out it is mostly in the blending. Puree the crap out of it before cooking, let it cool, then blend it to death again.

Good chilled or reheated. I'll drink it either way, depending on my mood.

Best thing to flavor it with is almond extract. Second best thing to flavor it with is a jar of chocolate peanut butter - dump it in while still hot and blend it up. (Still need to blend after cool.)

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Why limit your fire breathing skills to just roasting tanks and helicopters? Such a waste of talent.
Admittedly, this has been my usual meal plan after going about a decade with an empty nest, but recently having become a fairly new mee-maw, I've pulled out my wooden spoons again.
I never used wooden spoons. I'm a simple beast. Pre-prepared food because I just want to eat it... not spend 90 mins preparing, 30 mins cleaning, and 15 mins eating :D

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I never used wooden spoons. I'm a simple beast. Pre-prepared food because I just want to eat it... not spend 90 mins preparing, 30 mins cleaning, and 15 mins eating :D
You're cooking too small. Make a big pot of soup, a big casserole, a full lasagna. Then enjoy it for a few meals.

If you get tired of it, freeze the rest and enjoy it weeks or months later.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
My dad was blessed with a lot of wonderful traits, but he couldn't cook. It was awful. So, we ate a lot of canned soup and grits and processed foods - things you couldn't screw up. Most people said grace before a meal. If my dad cooked, we said grace AFTER we ate.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Turns out it is mostly in the blending. Puree the crap out of it before cooking, let it cool, then blend it to death again.

Good chilled or reheated. I'll drink it either way, depending on my mood.

Best thing to flavor it with is almond extract. Second best thing to flavor it with is a jar of chocolate peanut butter - dump it in while still hot and blend it up. (Still need to blend after cool.)
I've been aspiring to become fatter, and think I've found the formula here! :love:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I'd be a christmas cracker

Party hat and lame out of season joke inside. There will also be a trinket, like that red cellophane fish that curls up and is meant to indicate ....something, or a giant paperclip.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'd be a christmas cracker

Party hat and lame out of season joke inside. There will also be a trinket, like that red cellophane fish that curls up and is meant to indicate ....something, or a giant paperclip.
I had to Google that one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_cracker

It comes from a tradition of Saturn worshipers, apparently. It is a cross between pulling the wishbone from a turkey and fireworks, but there is actually a prize for the winner.

It's also illegal to take them on a flight to the usa.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
since i'm a drummer, a drum!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
since i'm a drummer, a drum!
You're a drummer... So you know the abuse a drum gets... And you WANT to get beat up like that? :p

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
You're a drummer... So you know the abuse a drum gets... And you WANT to get beat up like that? :p
getting beat up isn't in the equation.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I would like to be an angel, but I know Im not one.

My friends who are already named Angela and Angelina dont have to worry.