If you're stuck at home, what are u doing to pass the time?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
Many people in different states and countries have little choice but to stay home right now, so....

If you're stuck at home, what are you doing to pass the time? ....And if you're not stuck at home, what do you do to pass the time anyway?

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Read, paint my nails, replant my succulents, cook, enjoy nature.

Mar 14, 2020
North Carolina
Completely by myself so besides talking to myself :D, doing some yard work, watching some tv, on this site quite a bit the last few days. I wish I could get the chap app to work. At least I could have some live interaction.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Many people in different states and countries have little choice but to stay home right now, so....

If you're stuck at home, what are you doing to pass the time? ....And if you're not stuck at home, what do you do to pass the time anyway?

I got more time now to spend on Christian forums so i can reply to posts like yours :D

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Watching too much crap that's on Amazon prime, working from home, longing for the nice weather to come so I can go hiking.

I intend to read books and play that game that sounded interesting so I bought it but still haven't played it yet.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
To misquote a comedian whose name I forget, "I've been watching a lot of Discovery and History Channel programming. The result is that I have learned a lot about sharks and I'm pretty sure that WW2 had something to do with that Hitler fellow."

I have a stack of books, writing projects to finish, baskets to make, and dinners to cook for two homestay students, who are housebound, and one young man in his 20s.
What did I end up doing? I desperately scanned the cable listings and ordering pizza.
Tomorrow though, oh boy, tomorrow I will create masterpieces and write a best seller! (Thank goodness tomorrow ends up always being today).
In truth, I cleaned my computer keyboard with q-tips and a water/vinegar mix, and for dinner I made corned beef, cabbage, peppers and cashew stir fry, rice and baked apples for dessert. I've also written a 10 minute, first line challenge story(those are so much fun), reviewed my will, and now I'm going to have a cookie.
And you Mr. Zero? What has filled your day? What is on the agenda for tomorrow?

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
It's probably a good time to clean inside and outside the house. Even paint if need be.
Plant a garden, grow veggies.

T

TheIndianGirl

I'm teleworking and working the same hours, so not much has changed. I do feel relaxed. I take breaks but I find the breaks at home more productive since I can cook or clean a bit. I have more personal calls during the day so I feel connected. I prefer eating at home for lunch.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I'm teleworking and working the same hours, so not much has changed. I do feel relaxed. I take breaks but I find the breaks at home more productive since I can cook or clean a bit. I have more personal calls during the day so I feel connected. I prefer eating at home for lunch.
I am glad you are at a good place with work, during this time.

Feb 19, 2020
Working on my cars, lifting weights, landscaping, tearing down an old storage shed, organizing/cleaning the house, throwing useless stuff away, cooking, relaxing with a drink (or 3), and counting rolls of toilet paper. *might be slightly kidding on the last one

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Listen to Christian music, organize, clean, text and call friends and family, watch sports, play video games with my kids oh and 75 year old dad lol ( I got him a oculus quest for his bday and he loves it!), working from home when I get a chance... me and my coworker are the only ones in this building (he’s about 100 feet away) so it’s kind of like working from home :).

Jul 20, 2019
sewing, if not sewing then learning how to play the keyboard or here on the computer.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"If you love life, don't waste time, because time is what life is made up of."
~Bruce Lee

Having said that, if I am house-bound I'll probably fritter the time away with books, video games... There are a few songs that I have been wanting to make a soundtrack for, but I never can seem to get myself to start on one.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I also have a sports card collection I like to work on from time to time and play fantasy football and baseball.