Ignored members

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

Just looked at my ignore list.. I have 12 people on ignore.. I have not put anyone on ignore for quite some time.. I think when you are new to a forum then you will quickly find out the toxic people who resort to personal attacks and cannot keep their mind on the topic at hand.. So within the first few weeks you will probably place most of the people on your ignore list.. Every now and then a new member comes it with the same toxic ways abut them. But i have found a lot of them get banned before they waste my patience..
Wow, I just looked and I have 2 on ignore. Looks like I need to get to work to catch up :p

K

kaylagrl

I'm not sure about the platform that we currently run on, but on our old platform (vBulletin) users couldn't ignore Admin of Moderators. Personally I've never used it even though there are plenty of users who's posts annoy me (some outright make my blood boil) but I'm mature enough to be able to either just not read their posts (or if I do, not respond).

That is not an ability the good Lord has given me. :p

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder if its scentifically proven that someone elses obnoxious behaviour can make your blood boil.

Vexing each other is not a christian thing to do, but in some circles 'stirring' or 'winding people up' is seen as a virtue.

I have naturally thin skin I admit so probably need a lot of leather to protect me from all the prickly people around. The Lord is a sun and shield though so thankfully Ive got the light to dispel the darkness AND cloud cover to protect me.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I've just realised all who are on my ignore list have been banned.
I don't even remember why they were on there to begin with?

S

Scribe

I've just realised all who are on my ignore list have been banned.
I don't even remember why they were on there to begin with?
I had about 40 on my ignore list but I got bored and took them off. LOL

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Just question then can you actually "block" people here can you like you can do on facebook/Instagram ect...or all you can do is ignore them?
Just a thought..

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Hi no its different..all that happens is that the persons comments dont show up..its still there but is hidden but you can still click onto ignored comments and then it will appear..plus you can still look at their profile..and they still appear on the viewing list ect..whereas in Instagram that are totally removed you cant even see their profile anywhere...ita like they were never there to begin with,.you would have to go into your settings and unblock them..on Instagram if you wanted too.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Hi no its different..all that happens is that the persons comments dont show up..its still there but is hidden but you can still click onto ignored comments and then it will appear..plus you can still look at their profile..and they still appear on the viewing list ect..whereas in Instagram that are totally removed you cant even see their profile anywhere...ita like they were never there to begin with,.you would have to go into your settings and unblock them..on Instagram if you wanted too.
Oh I see, you want to go down the obliterate - from-all-existence path :ROFL:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
is ignoring the new version of ye olde shunning.

Im sure some people ignore me as well. I am probably very annoying to some people. Cant please everyone though.

the other thing is theres too many people vying for your attention. Celebs might be able to handle it, but ordinary people probably dont, or they use a secretary.

I had this thing where I email my boss to tell her or ask her something quite important, and she never responds. Then I hear back from her today by email WHY DONT I KNOW ABOUT THIS?

I respond...But I emailed you last week about it! So either she doesnt check her email or she somehow never gets it. Plus she ignores me most of the time anyway, is very busy lady and I dont want to seem too annoying asking her stuff all the time.

sometimes you just have to do things first and ask forgiveness later cos some things you just cant wait around forever for. (by that time, the children are grown, and the year is over)

Can never win.

K

kaylagrl

is ignoring the new version of ye olde shunning.

Im sure some people ignore me as well. I am probably very annoying to some people. Cant please everyone though.

the other thing is theres too many people vying for your attention. Celebs might be able to handle it, but ordinary people probably dont, or they use a secretary.

I had this thing where I email my boss to tell her or ask her something quite important, and she never responds. Then I hear back from her today by email WHY DONT I KNOW ABOUT THIS?

I respond...But I emailed you last week about it! So either she doesnt check her email or she somehow never gets it. Plus she ignores me most of the time anyway, is very busy lady and I dont want to seem too annoying asking her stuff all the time.

sometimes you just have to do things first and ask forgiveness later cos some things you just cant wait around forever for. (by that time, the children are grown, and the year is over)

Can never win.
What's with the "old" emoji on my post btw? Rather an odd reaction. Hit it by mistake maybe?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
What's with the "old" emoji on my post btw? Rather an odd reaction. Hit it by mistake maybe?
no idea kayla.
I dont have any control of the emojis on peoples posts that anyone can do.
Maybe they meant in time, you will become more mature....? I think Im still young and vulnerable/sensitive/impressionable and not yet old and toughened up/cranky/cynical.

K

kaylagrl

no idea kayla.
I dont have any control of the emojis on peoples posts that anyone can do.
Maybe they meant in time, you will become more mature....? I think Im still young and vulnerable/sensitive/impressionable and not yet old and toughened up/cranky/cynical.

No, no you hit it as a reaction to my post and I was wondering what was up, I didn't understand the reaction.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
No, no you hit it as a reaction to my post and I was wondering what was up, I didn't understand the reaction.
Sometimes when you scroll on your phone up and down you can accidently hit an emoji and you haven"t even read that post. This has happened several times to me.

K

kaylagrl

Sometimes when you scroll on your phone up and down you can accidently hit an emoji and you haven"t even read that post. This has happened several times to me.
Me too, that's why I was asking but I don't think she knows she hit it, or remembers. Just thought it was an odd reaction to what I said.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
This happens all the time. Wouldn't be surprised if I accidentally put a disagree emoji on a post where someone says Jesus is Lord and not realised it :LOL:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont even remember reacting to your post kayla.
there are hundreds of people reacting to others peoples posts not just me! I dont know who reacts to my posts it doesnt say and it doesnt really bother me which emoji they push. someone might push something by accident but to kind of accuse someone of reacting oddly when they dont even remember doing it is a bit ...extreme.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ok it was me. I am on ipad and my fingers are too fat for it. its fiddly.
sorry kayla. I undid it.

I cant even tell from my end who reacts to my posts though.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
oh..if you push show all it tells you. ha.
see how clueless I am. I just dont push enough buttons.

I used to get pocket dials all the time from my former boss. So annoying.