IHOP is Growing fast! Should we be Concerned?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Richie_2uk
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Richie_2uk

Guest
Something I recently learnt about is the growth of IHOP " International House of Prayer " I heard many people say how good it is and a lot of how bad it is. So i decided to do a little research and had a sneak peek in this growing group.

About IHOP. I have had a very quick look and research into this IHOP growth. And I personally never of heard of it till someone mentioned it to in a convosation. According to many people, and other resources, it either sounds good or bad to them. From what I read about it. I did honestly felt they were doing something good, but I felt there was something sinister about it too. Im not sure what it is. But all I can say it reminds me of that saying a wolf in sheep skin if you get what I mean. But for you to have a little more info on it. Here is a good reliable website that seems to know of the origins of IHOP and the inner workings of it all.

https://carm.org/ihop

After reading about this. I feel excatly like how carm.org has explained it. Thats me personally. How you feel about it? well thats to your own thoughts and concerns on this matter. But I want to encourage you to read about it, so that you can get the full knowledge of this IHOP thing, and perhaps you may be challenged to pray against it or for it. but mainly I posted this as a warning to those who are thinking of joining such thing, and to at least prepare them to read about it first before jumping into something they may or possibly will regret.

A quick review of IHOP "International House of Prayer" offenses include:


  1. Cultic origin, worship style, and goals
  2. Emotionalism
  3. Mysticism
  4. Gnosticism
  5. The IHOP dilemma
  6. False Prophecies
  7. Effective Denial of Sola Scriptura
  8. Opposition by multiple Godly Christian Groups

Now if you feel that you belong in any of the catagories above as a true Christian. then think again. Though it may seem like a place that is on fire and passionate for God, this is simply not the case. Many of the people that do go there are sincere Christians, but they have been overcome by the lies and experiences they have there. In short, the people I have communicated with ignore the things above and simply hold on to what they have experienced and point the finger at me saying, “you don’t know about us.” Unfortunately I do know, and I hope this article persuades or helps you convince someone else who is going down a destructive path. It breaks my heart to see so many young people fall victim to this place, and all the people who waste their lives and God given talents to expand IHOP’s kingdom and not God’s Kingdom.