I'll pray for you...when I'm done praying for myself.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 14, 2010
Is it lucrative to pray for someone else if you're a mess? Do we somehow lose the "power" in prayer for others if we are in a slump ourselves?

Is there a process we should go through to make prayer more effective?

I'm completely serious, because I sometimes feel like a hypocrite praying for others. Any biblical examples and verses would be appreciated.

something about the prayer of a rightous man being carried to God...

but a "rightous" human..can be a human..that is repenting and reparing the sin they have caused...

eg...if you have stolen from your brother or sister..go and confess..and pay back what you owe..

what I do not like about alot of "christian" people os that they they think that all they have to do is..say..oops..I did it again jesus..sorry..

well..it doesn't quite work that way..when the sin you have done has caused much damage to others...

there is accountability in christianlity..there must be..after you have rendered yourself accountable for the sins you have chosen to commit..then you must show yourself repentant unto the Lord..

The lord wants NONE of us to live in sin...or be subject to the victimization of it..

He wants healing for all...but..

He gave us FREE WILL...

To Pray for others...can be done through the grace and Mercy of of His sacrifice...for others..as well as yourself..

Pray for yourself..as you pray for others...to live in his redemption and healing power..

Love your neighbor as yourself...prayer for their redemption..as you pray for yours..

as I will pray for yours..and those dear to your heart...

and may those prayers be brought back to me...for my redemption..and those that are dear to me..

May the HOLY SPIRIT guide all His children to the prayers that help heal their hearts..and their wounds...from sin...

( I am no teacher by all means..I only type what my heart trys to tell me to...forgive me..if I have failed to make any sense to you)

Feb 9, 2010
The Bible says that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much.

If you are not in a righteous state,your prayers are hindered.

Pray to be in righteous state before God,so that your prayers for others will not be hindered.