I'm bored, I don't want to be here

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Senior Member
Aug 15, 2012
827
19
18
Last night, during church, there was a kid with a rotten, sour, and simply energy-sapping. After approaching him in the gym, I asked, "Why do you say you don't want o be here?" His reply, "It is boring." I then said, "So... Why are you here." And said,
"My parents made me." (He rides the church van.) He then continued, "Can't I just go home?" I replied, "Silly goose, how do you think your parents will feel about that? You just told me they sent you here. Do they know your feelings about being here?" He said yes. To learn more, I asked, "Well, what would make this not boring? What would you be doing, were you at home?" He grunted, "Watch TV...Play video games." I said, "Oh, ok. I understand how that can be fun."

---the rest is a blur-- But I know he stayed to play volleyball, and receive a bible lesson.

Pray for J.