I'm having a difficult time in life (I ask for prayers)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JonGuzman

Apr 11, 2019
Hello, my name is Jon and I'm 15 years old. I suffer from depression, suicidal thoughts, and anxiety. Lately I have been very disconnected with God. I haven't been praying, going to church, or reading the Bible. I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart when I was 5 years old. I will always believe that he died on the cross for our sins. I will always believe that God is real. I just feel so lonely and unloved. I want to reconnect with God but I just don't know how too. I went to a private school from kindergarten through sixth grade, and then again in eighth grade. God was always in my daily life when I was younger, but now I just don't feel him. I need him, I need to be at peace with myself and love God again. I hate to ask for prayers but I'm stuck right now and prayers would mean the absolute world to me. I want to get stronger and know that when the time comes, I will go to Heaven and be with God. I ask that you would keep me in your prayers, so I can get stronger again. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a great day :)

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
hi jon, i will pray for u, i have also had mental difficulties at times, it sounds to me that u worry too much and are too hard on yourself, we can only be what we are and do only what we can, pray this with me, Lord help me to except myself for who i am and to consider myself worthy to be your son, please forgive my sins and please make yourself known to me, your will be done amen

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Hello, my name is Jon and I'm 15 years old. I suffer from depression, suicidal thoughts, and anxiety. Lately I have been very disconnected with God. I haven't been praying, going to church, or reading the Bible. I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart when I was 5 years old. I will always believe that he died on the cross for our sins. I will always believe that God is real. I just feel so lonely and unloved. I want to reconnect with God but I just don't know how too. I went to a private school from kindergarten through sixth grade, and then again in eighth grade. God was always in my daily life when I was younger, but now I just don't feel him. I need him, I need to be at peace with myself and love God again. I hate to ask for prayers but I'm stuck right now and prayers would mean the absolute world to me. I want to get stronger and know that when the time comes, I will go to Heaven and be with God. I ask that you would keep me in your prayers, so I can get stronger again. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a great day :)
"Hi Jon.........Welcome to CC. .......Thank you for being strong enough to share your thoughts, as many
adults are not as strong as you to come forward...I commend you for being you. Make no mistake...God's 'presence' never leaves us...but it is ones own self that leaves His 'presence' for different reasons...we have to refocus our priorities. Only you have an idea of the cause of your emotions...often ones environment involving
people, places or things that often have a great influence on ones attitude and behavior....willing to
accept and make necessary changes in life style are often beneficial...always know it is love in asking
or receiving prayers...for then our God 'awareness' is alive and well or one would not consider prayer
as being important...believe it. Look up and forward...be all you can to be...and know that
you can be... all that you want to be!..:)
'Praise God'

Attachments

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless JonGuzman, let all these negative things leave. Lord bless JonGuzman, spiritually, physically and emotionally, and let you be glorified. In Jesus precious name, Amen!

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Jon, Some encouragement & prayers for you in the Lord! Just know that your Heavenly Father loves you! and He see's all the longings in your heart with love & compassion. Reconnecting with the Lord is a beautiful prayer of your heart, and I know the Lord desires more then anything, is that you simply trust Him to be Your Lord & Savior. He has never left you or abandoned you. So, take a step of faith right now & say "Jesus I trust you! I know You live in my heart! as I have completely surrendered my life to You once again! I'm forgiven, redeemed & made new! My life belongs to You Lord! & I know that You have a wonderful plan for my life!" begin reading through Psalms, Ephesians or wherever you feel lead to read, as this will help you to grow strong in your spirit & will help your faith to grow stronger with each new day. Renewing your thoughts, by allowing the scriptures to speak truth within you, and help you to identify lies from the enemy. Allow the Lord to guide you daily, as He is Faithful to guide you into all truth. Find a spirit filled church to be part of, as this builds strength with in your life. Trust the Lord with each new day, and walk one day at a time with the Lord. On a personal note...after 35 years of walking with the Lord, all I can say is how Faithful He is! I have found the bible & quiet time with the Lord to be the most important part of my daily life. Its how we as children of the Lord grow close to the Lord.

Lord Jesus, I lift up Jon to you in prayer right now! as he takes these steps of faith to trust you with all his heart, that Jon will begin to grow stronger & stronger with each new day. Renew his mind Lord, and protect him from the lies of the enemy! Take these suicidal thought far from him & may he know, that he is made in Your image Lord. I pray that Jon will begin to experience a peace within his heart, knowing that "All is Well" with his soul, and as Psalms 139 says " We are fearfully and Wonderfully Made" May Jon know his life has value and purpose, as Your plans for his life are in place & secure in You Lord! In Jesus name!!

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
A beautiful song for you Jon! Amazing Grace by Chris Tomlin

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Jon, allow this song to minister truth within your heart from the Lord..."This is the air I breathe"

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina

Oh my friend don't you know what an honor it is to be asked to join someone in prayer ? As Christians prayer is the mightiest sword we have. We should use it more often. We are blessed through prayer ! I will be praying for you and your peace and comfort along with understanding. God bless you !

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello, Jon. It’s nice of you to share with us a bit about yourself. You are to be commended for your desire to have a strong relationship with the Lord. I’m lifting you up in my prayers, asking God to surround you with His infinite love, draw you closer to Himself and fill you with His peace. May His wisdom and guidance be upon you in the days ahead.

Also, it might be helpful to read the Bible for comfort and direction. In the Psalms David expresses his hurts, loneliness, guilt, and shame. And he describes how God helped him through difficult situations. God can use Scripture to guide and strengthen you.