I'm having Problems with Resentment, Bitterness, Unforgiveness, and Misdirection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seeking-Christ

Thanks for your concern. This all happened a long time ago. By a miracle, I found out where my ex wife was and got back in touch with my kids. I don't see a lot of them as they are adults and have their own lives. I'm okay with that.
Whatever works. :)

S

Seeking-Christ

@Gideon300 I printed the article, and I will read it tomorrow.

S

Seeking-Christ

Thank you for your honesty. God will now show you how to deal with your problem.

Unforgiveness is the root of bitterness and resentment. Unforgiveness cuts us off from fellowship with Go, hinders our prayers and makes us an easy target for tormenting evil spirits (parable of the unjust servant).

It's easy to say, "You must forgive." It's impossible for us to forgive genuinely from our hearts, especially when we are deeply hurt. However, God is not unfair or unjust. He has made it possible for us to be delivered from unforgiveness. If you will read the linked article, you will find the key. It's quite long, but well worth it. The principle enabled me to forgive my ex wife, who disappeared with my children. I did not see them for 15 years.

https://www.christianlife.org.au/can-you-forgive-from-your-heart
I want you to know that I read the article today. I give it a 90% agreement rating. The problem I have with it is, I've read and heard many Christian sermons, and teachings on the subject of forgiveness and sin. Same word of God, and yet there is small variations with in the Christian teachings. It's really hard for me to nail down who has got it a 100% correct. All I know is, To Not Let The Sun Go Down On Your Anger. When I confronted her, and at the end told her that I forgave her. It was like a huge weight just left me, and I started to feel better. There are things about her that still bother me. And one of the reasons why I still want people praying is because this relationship has been a very awkward one, that has been going on now for almost 7 years! I'm torn between opening up another prayer request verses keeping this one going on the subject. But there are other things in this relationship that I want God's help on.

Matthew 5:21-24

21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

Ephesians 4

25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. 28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Flowergirl19

Jun 1, 2021
If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.
Matthew 18:15

S

Seeking-Christ

I found myself angry with her again today.

When I first met her, she was over the top nice to me. Even a bit flirty. But as the years have gone on, I started to see that she's got a bad side to her. One that is "Selfish". Back in 2017, was the first time I got to see the darker side.

I have been a janitor for a lot of years. At that point of 2017 I had been a Janitor for over 10 years. I got bad feet, because the job requires me to walk too much. I thought to myself, she seems to be really nice to me, maybe I'll go ahead and make one little request.

I had told her about feet problems, so I asked that she could move one trash can closer to the door, instead of having it all the way to the other side of the room. Her reply was: "You can walk". The next year, she commented to me: "Hey look I moved the trash can closer to the door".

S

Seeking-Christ

I wanted to give you guys and update. There has been no improvement with this situation. I don't know what is going on with her. But something changed this year, and I feel that whatever "friendship" we had is now over. And it really hurts. I've been having a hard time explaining to myself why it hurts. But it just does! :(