I'm not new...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mystdancer50

Senior Member
Feb 26, 2012
2,522
50
48
...but I never came in here when I was, so I thought, eh, might as well.

My name is Olaf and I like warm hugs. :)

But, seriously, my real name is Julie. I have lived most of my life being aware of God, if that makes sense. There was a time in junior high when I surrendered my life to Him completely while sitting in the back seat of the car my mom and step-dad were driving. Well, they weren't both driving...my mom was driving...but, yeah. Anyway, in high school, my mom and I began attending a church, but when Jesus moved me forward to change, the youth group got angry with me and quickly squelched my youthful zeal.

Fast forward to high school, sophomore year. I accepted Christ as my Savior and King. Though there have been some times when I've allowed the world to pull me away, He has faithfully called me back. I have been steadily His for the last ten or so years, and I love being His. I consider myself to be a Pentecostal Christian, though most churches I attend label themselves as non-denominational. I believe in the gifts of Holy Spirit, including healing, tongues and prophecy, and I believe they are relevant today.

I have some pet peeves, but two of the largest are when someone doesn't properly capitalize God, Jesus or Holy Spirit when typing (sometimes other grammatical things get to me...but not as much as this does) and the other is when someone puts 'the' before Holy Spirit. It is a common thing and even the Bible translations do so, but Holy Spirit is a Person, the third member of the Trinity, and no one says "the Julie" when they're talking about me, so why do it there? :) Okay...sorry...ahem...moving on. :)

I love to be creative. I am a writer and photographer. I love making videos. :) I enjoy blogging and do so fairly regularly. I love to draw and sing, but I have no talents there. :) I have a Bible Study Online that I run on Facebook and a purity page there as well. In the Bible Study page, we're currently working our way through the armor of God. :) Fun times.

And that is my brief introduction. I will, someday, brave the testimony page and share there. Haven't done that yet either. :) I think that you've definitely gotten a good and solid glimpse into me and the madness that exists in my passionate soul. So, here is a belated howdy-do to all of you! :) See you around CC.
 
Hi Olaf... :D

I mean Hi Julie, thank you for a wonderful testimony of what God has done in your life, it was inspirational to see how His Hand has been upon you and worked through all things to draw you to Him and been there faithfully with you as you have grown and matured, I would here usually hope that you find this place to be a great place to find a loving fellowship with other believers but I'm sure you have that here already :) . Also I can't promise their won't be grammatical errors in this, it does happen in my posts (dyslexic and with the editing limited I usually miss some things until it's to late ;) ). Oh, I do tend to say the Holy Spirit, but I also say the Father so at least I'm consistent there ;) .

But anyway, it's great to know that there is such a creative person around, and as I've said to one or too others here, the church needs more artists and creative people that can help bring beauty back to it's centre again, to help stir and fire our imaginations again as a vital aid to our faith (of things not seen, and promises yet to be realised), and to described God's world and His narrative to people.

So God bless and Welcome :D
 
Thanks. :) I say 'the Father' at times, too, but usually when I say 'God the Father'. :) I didn't notice any grammar issues. I think I tend to notice them more when on Facebook or when someone has irked me in some way. :)