I'm Really a Nice Person Until....(what gets your goat)?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianTonyB

Dinner isnt served till at least 6 oclock so not sure how long you plan on sleeping...
haha well your tummy may not thank you if we eat it all and no leftovers for you then
not even delicious smells of....sizzling bacon all day breakfast that we end up having for dinner?
and then...I dont know, those little sweet things people call dessert?

Im beginning to suspect all we are told about the way to a mans heart is through has stomach has been a lie!
also those masterchef australia shows must have actors right surely normal people hate cooking and food and would rather go hungry.....!

plus, grinding all that coffee, pepper and spices must be a drag ay
oh well if you snooze you lose...
No, you can't trick me 🤨. My bedside chest of drawers can take stacks of dark chocolate, which is the best of all the essential foods 😛

angelc

Jul 7, 2022
Men pretending to be Christian, but then watch out

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
No, you can't trick me 🤨. My bedside chest of drawers can take stacks of dark chocolate, which is the best of all the essential foods 😛
dang
ok chocoholic but its way past Easter and Valentines day so, the chocolate must be getting old ....

A

akaDorthy

GUESS WHAT!?
They can't get your goat if they don't know where it's tied ;)
Don't react when people try to get your goat, and eventually they won't know where to look.

James 1:19-20
19 My beloved brothers, understand this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger, 20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
GUESS WHAT!?
They can't get your goat if they don't know where it's tied ;)
Don't react when people try to get your goat, and eventually they won't know where to look.

James 1:19-20
19 My beloved brothers, understand this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger, 20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires.
that is very true
people dont think I get angry cos I just never get angry in front of them
though sometimes I'll kind of write it down in a forum wher they cant see. Of course I dont mention their names. Bob you are off the hook.

what about a womans fury though and silent treatment...?

C

ChristianTonyB

dang
ok chocoholic but its way past Easter and Valentines day so, the chocolate must be getting old ....
Not in my place, no chocolate gets old in my place. It starts to shake as soon as I turn into my street after shopping, knowing it is doomed to a short existence. 😛

And Easter and Valentines day... nah, they're for chocoholic wannabes, I'm the real deal, 24/7💪

A

akaDorthy

what about a womans fury though and silent treatment...?
It's sinful.
Usually silent treatment is the result of anger, or holding a grudge.
Ultimately it does more harm to the one doing it than the one receiving it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It's sinful.
Usually silent treatment is the result of anger, or holding a grudge.
Ultimately it does more harm to the one doing it than the one receiving it.
thats funny though in the Bible Paul tells women to be silent in church .....
a verbose woman is a sign of a healthy happy woman?
Verbal diarrhea is good?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Not in my place, no chocolate gets old in my place. It starts to shake as soon as I turn into my street after shopping, knowing it is doomed to a short existence. 😛

And Easter and Valentines day... nah, they're for chocoholic wannabes, I'm the real deal, 24/7💪
ok who's your dealer?

Cadburys? Whittakers? Nestle?
or do you go for the fancy Lindt and Ferroro Rocher

C

ChristianTonyB

ok who's your dealer?

All those. I tried to get them to put me on their black lists, but fortunately they refused to do it 😚

What's your go to survival food?

A

akaDorthy

Verbal diarrhea is good?
silent in church, according to Paul, yes.
But I assume by "silent treatment" you mean when a (usually a woman) is so pissed off at someone (usually at a man) that she refuses to speak to him, and there is at least 2 flaws with that.
1) If she's giving the silent treatment because she's pissed off then she's the one with the problem (pissed off silent treatment usually results from anger, bitterness, etc)
2) Don't think there are very many people who are upset when given the silent treatment (esp. men) Usually the result is "YEAH! you finally shut up and are leaving me alone"- so it actually kind of backfires.

A verbose woman is usually a sign of something deeper going on. But to discuss all the possibilities, pros and cons of that would really require it's own thread since it would seriously derail this one much more.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Verbal diarrhea is good?
Verbal diarrhea is only bad if there is a constipation of ideas. :eek: I can deal with a flood of words if it is caused by a flood of ideas.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
ok who's your dealer?

Pfft! Those aren't fancy. Their dark chocolates have caffeine enough, but precious little flavor. Might as well be chewing on a Ghirardelli peice of tree bark. :p

Real dark chocolate is smooth. Like, Kentucky bourbon smooth.

S

SimpleSheep

This ridiculous weather sets me off!

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Pfft! Those aren't fancy. Their dark chocolates have caffeine enough, but precious little flavor. Might as well be chewing on a Ghirardelli peice of tree bark. :p

Real dark chocolate is smooth. Like, Kentucky bourbon smooth.
I like Lindt's dark chocolate. It's not drastic bitter but pretty smooth. I guess I like Belgian chocolate too. There's this one called Bouchard I liked but had to order it online. Then you had to mention Kentucky bourbon and I hate to say this, but you're right. Tennessee has come up with about a hundred different bourbons, but unless you plan on buying a half liter for $80 plus at Pigeon Forge then you're probably stuck with Jack D. George Dickel is pretty good though. But Kentucky ages the best. I don't know why. Probably something to do with aging with colder winters and warm summers and the barrels, but don't know.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I like Lindt's dark chocolate. It's not drastic bitter but pretty smooth. I guess I like Belgian chocolate too. There's this one called Bouchard I liked but had to order it online. Then you had to mention Kentucky bourbon and I hate to say this, but you're right. Tennessee has come up with about a hundred different bourbons, but unless you plan on buying a half liter for $80 plus at Pigeon Forge then you're probably stuck with Jack D. George Dickel is pretty good though. But Kentucky ages the best. I don't know why. Probably something to do with aging with colder winters and warm summers and the barrels, but don't know.
*Lynx nods dumbly like he knows what 17bees is talking about.

I have no idea about anything you said about bourbon. All I know is the saying about something being as smooth as Kentucky bourbon. I've never even tried it.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
*Lynx nods dumbly like he knows what 17bees is talking about.

I have no idea about anything you said about bourbon. All I know is the saying about something being as smooth as Kentucky bourbon. I've never even tried it.
Never mind then! Have a good day.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
All those. I tried to get them to put me on their black lists, but fortunately they refused to do it 😚

What's your go to survival food?
....potato chips

One year I think the UN made it Year of the Potato

to celebrate potatoes being so dear to so many