I'm Really a Nice Person Until....(what gets your goat)?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
silent in church, according to Paul, yes.
But I assume by "silent treatment" you mean when a (usually a woman) is so pissed off at someone (usually at a man) that she refuses to speak to him, and there is at least 2 flaws with that.
1) If she's giving the silent treatment because she's pissed off then she's the one with the problem (pissed off silent treatment usually results from anger, bitterness, etc)
2) Don't think there are very many people who are upset when given the silent treatment (esp. men) Usually the result is "YEAH! you finally shut up and are leaving me alone"- so it actually kind of backfires.

A verbose woman is usually a sign of something deeper going on. But to discuss all the possibilities, pros and cons of that would really require it's own thread since it would seriously derail this one much more.
My ex NEVER stopped talking (mostly threatening, falsely accusing, etc., etc.) when we were still married. In fact, her phone "butt dials" me quite frequently even now.

Had she ever given me "the silent treatment" while we were still married, then I probably would have done a cartwheel...lol (not that it's a funny topic or situation).

My oldest daughter is just the same.

She finally admitted something a few weeks ago.

We (my ex, I, and our children) all went out to dinner, and my daughter accused me, as she's done so many times before, of cutting her off when she is speaking. I politely asked her how long our phone conversations normally last when she's away at college, and she rightly responded that they normally last about 2 1/2 hours. I agreed, and I told her that that's 150 minutes. I then asked her how many of those 150 minutes is she doing the talking, and how many of those 150 minutes am I doing the talking? To my surprise, she gave an honest answer and said that she is talking for 135 of those 150 minutes if not more. That means that she's talking at least 90% of the time...and I'm supposedly "cutting her off".

You can't get a word in edgewise with some people.

One of my sisters is even worse.

Her name literally is "Cathy", and they must have named "Chatty Cathy" after her.

She called me once, and I said "hello".

I didn't get to say another word for the next 90 minutes.

Anyhow, I agree with you when you say that being verbose (but not just with a woman) is a sign of something deeper going on.

I actually have a friend on this forum (don't anybody faint), and she and I used to spend a lot of time talking to each other on the phone. On many occasions, I apologized to her after our conversation was finished because I did most of the talking. For me, I really don't have people to talk to, so I tend to be a bit verbose (some would say long-winded), especially if we're talking about the Lord, when i actually have someone to speak to. I actually nick-named myself "Sandy" (not my real name) which is short for "Mr. Sandman". In other words, I would speak so much to her that I'm surprised that I didn't put her to sleep.

:sleep:

C

ChristianTonyB

soup here, you can throw anything you want in it👍👍👍
True story... they're on the protected species list now, but we have Brush Turkey's down here that you could use in making soup. The go was to put a piece of granite in with the turkey and boil them up. Once the granite was disolved you'd pull the turkey out and toss it, and drink the granite soup. It was really filling. 😋

C

ChristianTonyB

....potato chips

One year I think the UN made it Year of the Potato

to celebrate potatoes being so dear to so many
Be careful the Brits don't see you eating any. They used to deport people out to Oz because they were eating potatoes! There's a nightmare for you 😐

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
True story... they're on the protected species list now, but we have Brush Turkey's down here that you could use in making soup. The go was to put a piece of granite in with the turkey and boil them up. Once the granite was disolved you'd pull the turkey out and toss it, and drink the granite soup. It was really filling. 😋[/QUOTE
Is it Turkish granite?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Be careful the Brits don't see you eating any. They used to deport people out
to Oz because they were eating potatoes! There's a nightmare for you 😐

Sinéad O'Connor - (Potato) Famine

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Pfft those Brits
They really wanted everyone to eat cheese

well...I tell you Brits seem to be incapable of using chopsticks, every time they go to a chinese restaurant they ask for a stabbing implement (fork) and a weapon (knife)

so not sure how they can ever eat rice, maybe only if they put cheese on it to stick it together

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Pfft those Brits

well...I tell you Brits seem to be incapable of using chopsticks, every time they go to a chinese restaurant they ask for a stabbing implement (fork) and a weapon (knife)

so not sure how they can ever eat rice, maybe only if they put cheese on it to stick it together
China used the fork before chopsticks. History records two of the factors that influenced the change was a period of a wood scarcity and Confucius. As Confucianism spread so did his message of non aggression. Forks and knives were looked at as a means of aggression. So a culture change was underway due to a philosophical view or a world view. With early chopsticks being made of bamboo, bronze, bone, or ivory instead of wood. Before that chopsticks existed as a means of a cooking utensil such as a spatula and etc.

Meat was cut into smaller pieces so that knives would not be needed to cut your dinner as well as the points on forks were seen as aggressive so chopsticks contained a blunt edge. History records that forks have been around since at least the bronze age. My assumption before them, fingers would have served as mankind's utensil for eating.

Your use of the words, stabbing, a fork, weapon, a knife. Shows that even today culturally the philosophical view of Confucius is still in force. Cultural factors play long into peoples view points for many generations and is not always wrong or right. Just shows the influence a world view can have on culture for generations.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Speaking of forks, chopsticks, etc., this guy just landed a deal on "Shark Tank" for his EDIBLE forks, knives, spoons, chopsticks, straws, etc.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Pfft those Brits

Is a spoon ok 🥄🤔

Jul 9, 2022
Speaking of forks, chopsticks, etc., this guy just landed a deal on "Shark Tank" for his EDIBLE forks, knives, spoons, chopsticks, straws, etc.

To his credit, everyone on the chairs thought the stuff was good food. Old idea, I hope it gets executed well this time.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
To his credit, everyone on the chairs thought the stuff was good food. Old idea, I hope it gets executed well this time.
If he can get some environmental agencies to promote his product because it will help keep plastic utensils from sitting in landfills, then I think that his sales will skyrocket.

It's actually a very good idea. I especially like the concept of eating your spoon after finishing your soup or ice cream and the different flavors that the spoons come in.

Then again, after eating slow-moving critters all day long out here in the woods, just about anything tastes good.

Jul 9, 2022
Your use of the words, stabbing, a fork, weapon, a knife. Shows that even today culturally the philosophical view of Confucius is still in force. Cultural factors play long into peoples view points for many generations and is not always wrong or right. Just shows the influence a world view can have on culture for generations.
London Police are dreaming of East Asian incense temples? :LOL:

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Someone making fun of people especially the 2 mentally disabled young ladies I work for..... you want to see me mad... pick on my girls.
My son has autism and when I catch someone being unkind to him for no reason it gets my fur fluffed. The world needs Jesus's compassion and understanding.

Jul 9, 2022
My son has autism and when I catch someone being unkind to him for no reason it gets my fur fluffed. The world needs Jesus's compassion and understanding.
People are unkind to each other all the time, don't assume it's because your kid is autistic, and you'll save yourself some blood pressure. But since you're a parent you'll just use it being angry that someone is being mean to your kid, so carry on.
If he can get some environmental agencies to promote his product because it will help keep plastic utensils from sitting in landfills, then I think that his sales will skyrocket.

It's actually a very good idea. I especially like the concept of eating your spoon after finishing your soup or ice cream and the different flavors that the spoons come in.

Then again, after eating slow-moving critters all day long out here in the woods, just about anything tastes good.
It's gonna have to be sold as part of the meal to justify the expense. Cause if it's just about "saving the planet" at least 3/4 of the people who would say that's important, will likely still prefer the cheaper plastic stuff. They kept saying it was really good, so maybe it really can compliment as a caloric additive too.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
People are unkind to each other all the time, don't assume it's because your kid is autistic, and you'll save yourself some blood pressure. But since you're a parent you'll just use it being angry that someone is being mean to your kid, so carry on.

It's gonna have to be sold as part of the meal to justify the expense. Cause if it's just about "saving the planet" at least 3/4 of the people who would say that's important, will likely still prefer the cheaper plastic stuff. They kept saying it was really good, so maybe it really can compliment as a caloric additive too.
For one thing you cannot really tell my son is autistic. But he is very hyper. I assume they are being rude to my son because they have no manners. I do school them in politeness. Because God does not want us to be a doormat. I just use wisdom , carry on.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
That was totally uncalled for...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
China used the fork before chopsticks. History records two of the factors that influenced the change was a period of a wood scarcity and Confucius. As Confucianism spread so did his message of non aggression. Forks and knives were looked at as a means of aggression. So a culture change was underway due to a philosophical view or a world view. With early chopsticks being made of bamboo, bronze, bone, or ivory instead of wood. Before that chopsticks existed as a means of a cooking utensil such as a spatula and etc.

Meat was cut into smaller pieces so that knives would not be needed to cut your dinner as well as the points on forks were seen as aggressive so chopsticks contained a blunt edge. History records that forks have been around since at least the bronze age. My assumption before them, fingers would have served as mankind's utensil for eating.

I sure do love having you on this forum. This post is a good example of why. (y)

As my mother would say, you're about as handy as a pocket on a shirt.

C

ChristianTonyB

Pfft those Brits

Good idea. The cheese would do it. Chasing a grain of rice around with the point of a knife is hard work. Just ask me 😐