Immune boosters

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
The biggest issue with vitamin C is bioavailability...just make sure that when you figure out a dose that your source is solid. If you can force yourself to eat a food with it, I imagine it's considerably more effective than a gummy.

@planitsoon ...do you happen to know if candlelight has similar effects in the dark as you mentioned unnatural light does?

I only ask because there was a time when I was aware of what you described, but I sort of forgot lol. At the time I wondered if candle light (outside emergencies) or even low output night lights would be effective for night routines.

My thought was that historically that's what people did before electricity. They didn't just "call it a night" when it was dark across the board. Oil lamps are one of the oldest inventions for artificial light (outside woodfire), so basic flame can't agitate your brain that much...

I actually find fire makes me sleepy even without the warmth (like being far away)...

Unless it's some giant blaze when I round a rock face or something.

This idea sort of fell off because I don't live alone at present but I definitely appreciate the reminder about grounding. I can't tell if it's placebo or not, but grass, sand, and dirt feel considerably better than concrete or a deck somehow.

I Have some wood ash I've been wanting to try out against ants and this may be the perfect opportunity to try it :)

Jun 10, 2019
I find the sun my biggest immune booster and when I wake up tired, just picking up those first sun rays for 20-30 minutes on as much exposed skin as possible, while being grounded or earthed, gives me a lot of energy. Remember that we are electrical beings (so glorified batteries with 83% water and two electrical devices namely the heart and the brain) and are hardwired with the earth and wirelessly connected with the sun) since the sun provides two third of the energy levels for the mitochondria. The sun also sets our carcadian rhythm or biological clock in the morning when you do the sun rise (at 1600 Kelvin light strength) you not only tell your body what time it is, until 10am you build are the hormones from dopamine, to growth hormones, to histamine and Melatonin (sleep hormones) that the body then can release at night after 4 hours of darkness.

Everything we eat in the end is turned into electrons or pure energy so if we don't get enough sunlight, like in winter time, you guessed it, :) we start to eat more to compensate with food to get enough energy. At the mitochondrial membrame (little workers in the cell that provide ATP) there are no fat, lipid or protein chain convertors, but only electron chain convertors, so yes, everything we consume turns into energy for the cells to keep going. When I then started eating raw oysters (yuk) I found more energy again, and this is because raw oysters are the highest source of DHA which builds melanopisn, which is a UV receptor in skin and eyes. A deficiency in DHA will stop you getting all the benefits from the sun.
The sun also is a good source of vitamin D which is kind of scarce in food though there are many with good amounts nothing beats the sun for source. Yet be carful with over exposure, the sun is highly damaging to the human body.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Drink milkshakes for your liver and nerves sake lol it works.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Most light colors will interrupt sleep patterns, candle light included. Studies show that dark red light used as a night light for when going to the bathroom, or some such activity at night when you need a little light, does not disturb, or only slightly disturb, the circadian rhythm.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
The best immune booster is not supplements. Although supplements can play a role, and i recommend some of them, Jay Newmans Ionic Collidol Silver among them. But getting back to the main subject, the best immune booster is proper diet and a healthy natural compatible lifestyle. Spiritual well being is also a key element. More fruits and veggies, NO processed foods, less animal products, healthier food combinations, less cooked foods, more raw foods, not eating past 6:30 pm. When using cooked foods, do steamed. Its the healthiest way to cook. Never fry or sauté. Never cook with oil. Plenty of salads with only raw veggies.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Just a bit about vitamin C. It is water soluble. Meaning, when you urinate you lose the excess vitamin C that the body did not absorb for its supplemental nutrition. A healthy diet, exercise, preceded by lots of stretching of course, clean water usually not the tap variety, proper breathing, and a good attitude, insure better health.
Supplements are precisely meant to be what they're labeled. They're to supplement what you're missing in your diet. Narrow down where you're deficient in the diet aspect, adapt the healthy diet to fill that gap, and ween yourself off the supplements. Don't think supplements will overcome the counter of what I said was insurance to better health. They won't. But you'll spend a hearty fortune in the process and likely not feel any better for it.

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
I'm taking Vitamin C, D, omega-3s, probiotics and drinking green tea to boost my immunity.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I'm taking Vitamin C, D, omega-3s, probiotics and drinking green tea to boost my immunity.
Be advised that green tea is high in natural caffeine.

You might want to add Zinc to your regimine. Zinc is a tissue purifier. It is especially good for men.
Echinacea and Olive Leaf extract are also very good at stimulating the immune system. I learned this from my nutritionist. And also that we shouldn't take those type herbs constantly. They're intended to supplement our immune system at a nutritional level so as to boost its capacity to keep us protected. If we take these herbs regularly it comes to that old saying, if you don't use it you'll lose it. Meaning, the immune system will be weakened by over stimulation by artificial supplementation.

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020

You might want to add Zinc to your regimine. Zinc is a tissue purifier. It is especially good for men.
Echinacea and Olive Leaf extract are also very good at stimulating the immune system. I learned this from my nutritionist. And also that we shouldn't take those type herbs constantly. They're intended to supplement our immune system at a nutritional level so as to boost its capacity to keep us protected. If we take these herbs regularly it comes to that old saying, if you don't use it you'll lose it. Meaning, the immune system will be weakened by over stimulation by artificial supplementation.
I am following the advice of several naturopaths and my sister who is a holistic nutritionist. They felt that these supplements along with green tea suit my nutritional needs.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i fall into a 'high-risk' category for covid -- my pulmonologist, in order to give me a better chance of fighting off any infection i might contract, has had me on a regular regimen of vitamin D, zinc, B-vitamins and vitamin C for several years in order to keep my immune system boosted, with the D & zinc at something like twice the RDA. when the covid thing happened, he made no changes to his recommendations.

Feb 28, 2016
our temples are our 'immune systems', IF we honor them
as Jesus expects us to -
we must do the research and obey His instructions -
else, we WILL reap what we sow!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Praying without ceasing as we are commanded is essential .

Feb 28, 2016
The body is a temple to house out spirits.
=================================
every single person that is born on this earth is a housing that is a part of God, simply because He has
created us -
but, until He calls us OUT of IT, and unto deliverance/repentance, we are His enemies...
ROMANS 5:10.
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son,
much more, being reconciled, we Shall be saved by His life.
COL. 1:21.
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has He reconciled,
In the body of His flesh through death, to present you Holy and un-blameable and un-reproveable in His sight:
IF you continue in the Faith grounded and settled, and be not 'moved away from the hope of the gospel',
which you have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;
whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Whom we preach, 'warning every man', and 'teaching every man' in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His Working, which Works in me mightily.
1COR. 3:16.
Know you not that you are The Temple of God, and that The Spirit of God dwells in you?
1COR. 3:17.
If any man defile The Temple of God, him shall God destroy; for The Temple of God is Holy,
which temple you are.
9:13.
Do you not know that they which minister about Holy things LIVE of the things of The Temple?
and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the Altar?

Johnpaulq

Jan 6, 2021
I am being extra cautious and started to take kyzax daily. It is combination of indian and chinese herbs. So far I am doing well and hope to stay healthy. :) Plus i do find myself to be more energetic. I am still worried on taking the vaccine.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016

The zinc and other minerals seem to me to be ok as our poor diet and food supply from depleted soils lack them, correct me please if I am wrong.
The olive leaf, echinacea and such, I can see where they need to be a help and not a staple.

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
=================================
every single person that is born on this earth is a housing that is a part of God, simply because He has
created us -
but, until He calls us OUT of IT, and unto deliverance/repentance, we are His enemies...
ROMANS 5:10.
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son,
much more, being reconciled, we Shall be saved by His life.
COL. 1:21.
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has He reconciled,
In the body of His flesh through death, to present you Holy and un-blameable and un-reproveable in His sight:
IF you continue in the Faith grounded and settled, and be not 'moved away from the hope of the gospel',
which you have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;
whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Whom we preach, 'warning every man', and 'teaching every man' in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His Working, which Works in me mightily.
1COR. 3:16.
Know you not that you are The Temple of God, and that The Spirit of God dwells in you?
1COR. 3:17.
If any man defile The Temple of God, him shall God destroy; for The Temple of God is Holy,
which temple you are.
9:13.
Do you not know that they which minister about Holy things LIVE of the things of The Temple?
and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the Altar?
This is why human beings need to treat their bodies with care. They are on loan from God.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Vitamin C is a wonder drug for fighting infection, but there are many things you must know about it to use it wisely. Only 16 to 19% of what we take in is used by the body, and the rest is almost immediately eliminated, taxing the liver. The answer is to encase the vitamin in an oil, called liposomal. The result is a massive increase in the bio-availability of the vitamin C at a cellular level, with a typical encapsulation rate of 50% to 75%.

Liposomal C can be made at home, I will include the recipe. In case of an infection take just a few drops every half an hour. It is expensive, but you can buy it.

Recipe: Blend 2 TBS. Lecithin in 1 cup distilled water. Soak overnight. Soak 1 TBS. ascorbic acid and 1 TBS. vodka in ½ cup distilled water. Mix two together well. Put in ultrasonic cleaner and blend for 10 to 30 minutes. Some recipes say that a high-speed blender makes an acceptable mixture. Some omit the vodka.

I use a jewelry cleaner for the ultrasonic, so I make a very small batch. You can double the recipe.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The best immune booster is not supplements. Although supplements can play a role, and i recommend some of them, Jay Newmans Ionic Collidol Silver among them. But getting back to the main subject, the best immune booster is proper diet and a healthy natural compatible lifestyle. Spiritual well being is also a key element. More fruits and veggies, NO processed foods, less animal products, healthier food combinations, less cooked foods, more raw foods, not eating past 6:30 pm. When using cooked foods, do steamed. Its the healthiest way to cook. Never fry or sauté. Never cook with oil. Plenty of salads with only raw veggies.
This is the way I have eaten, and I'll be a healthy 97 in May.

We need to be aware of how man has changed our food from how God created it and our bodies to work together. Grains are pulled apart, cattle is put in feed lots, chickens are given unnatural diets, even bread is no longer made from grains that are left in their natural state. Unless you are wealthy, it is almost impossible to find real food that isn't tampered with. Oils are fine if they are cold pressed, but how men create oils with their technology is unbelievable. Virgin Olive Oil is healthful. Even our milk is changed and homologized. Cornmeal is refined and "degermed". Peanut butter is changed so it isn't healthful.

In a grocery store, I make it a rule to do as little shopping in the middle of the store as possible, keeping to products displayed on the edges.

I think a diet that follows this rule is the diet that works. "If God created it and if man didn't change it in any way it is fine to eat."