Imputed righteousness vs judgement of our deeds

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
We believe two things:

1) Our faith in Christ makes us to die, not to live anymore (Gal 2:20) and to have the faith of Christ imputed to us and accounted as our righteousness, His deeds are our deeds.

2) We will be judged according to our personal deeds (R 2:6 and many words of Christ)

---

Most of us believe that we will be saved because of the 1) and we will be awarded based on the 2). The more I think about this, the more it seems like a speculation not said in the Bible. What is your solution to the contradiction?

Let us keep this in a general level, I do not want to discuss Law, Sabbath and similar. How will we be judged, regarding personal judgement vs Christ´s righteousness?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Galatians is looking at salvation from the perspective of the Law. Before faith in Christ we were dead in sin, but now we are alive in Christ and the Law is dead. It does not go beyond that as to our daily living in the world, which is maintained by walking with the Spirit. vs. 20 should be seen with the verses immediately within it's context.

"For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain" (Galatians 2:19-21).

God did not leave us as helpless lemmings devoid of any will to obey or disobey. Some often say, "Salvation is God's gift to us, what we do with it is our gift to Him."

Both the desire to serve and the ability to serve come from God . . . but this happens at some level of maturity on our part as we grow in grace and in the Word.

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:12-13).

Even though He gives us the desire and ability, He will reward us as if it were our idea all along.

"According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire" (I Corinthians 3:10-15).

Those that are 'saved by fire" are those that did not advance beyond the 'babe' stage of growth and are met with 'wood, hay and stubble' at the judgment seat of Christ.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
We believe two things:

1) Our faith in Christ makes us to die, not to live anymore (Gal 2:20) and to have the faith of Christ imputed to us and accounted as our righteousness, His deeds are our deeds.

2) We will be judged according to our personal deeds (R 2:6 and many words of Christ)

---

Most of us believe that we will be saved because of the 1) and we will be awarded based on the 2). The more I think about this, the more it seems like a speculation not said in the Bible. What is your solution to the contradiction?

Let us keep this in a general level, I do not want to discuss Law, Sabbath and similar. How will we be judged, regarding personal judgement vs Christ´s righteousness?
Imputed righteousness is not speculation. (Rom. 4:6-8) Neither is our judgement of works. (1 Cor. 3:11-5)

What do you see as 'speculation'?

Quantrill

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

This is what i believe.. Our salvation is secured 100% by believing in what Jesus did to Atone for our sins..

Our works play no part in our salvation.. But they play a part in the level of our rewards..

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
We believe two things:

---

In Matthew where Jesus says to the people "I never knew you!" The problem wasnt that they did those good works, thats great stuff. The problem was that they were "workers of iniquity". They had not repented. They were much like the word of faith circles today. Signs and wonders but no repentance.

Now when it comes to good works: They do not save, and a lack of good works will not cause you to be lost. This is made clear in the book of Corinthians, where works are burnt up but the person himself will be saved.

The biblical faith is faith working by love, a faith that produces a changed life, a new creation, a purified conscience. (All these phrases are in the bible)

Nov 26, 2012
I don’t know if this falls within a “general level” but this is my take based on understanding, experience and praying in the Spirit.

To teach a carnal man, you must relate to a carnal mind. The fruit of the knowledge of good and evil is...guilt! We are born programmed like animals. Animals don’t feel shame until we train them. A dog hides after he makes a mess in the garbage because we taught him, “No!” Then we corrupted his hunting, mating, social and survival skills by “training” him to serve us and be domesticated. I’m not certain dogs love man or it’s just Stockholm syndrome. Since this dog no longer functions to serve God, by His design, he is sinning. Just as we break animals from their design, Satan or the god of this world has trained us to serve him. We have become domesticated, no longer hearing the continuous voice of God, the Holy Spirit, that resonates through Creation maintaining balance. Just like cells functioning separate from the organism, breeding out of control, infecting the whole, society is a cancerous tumour. Being born into sin is being born in society where the lessons of our parents, passed down to them, taught to us, continues the chain.

In nature, the strong, healthy alpha males compete for breeding rights, where the females determine genetically gifted donors to produce favourable offspring. This has been compromised in us. Since material wealth is our treat, for an atta boy, strength and power has been swayed to the creature comfort money can afford.

I will stop there to keep this simple. The point is; just like a dog can be trained, so has man. Sin is everything unnatural. Even though animals are naked, going on a nature walk it’s not one big orgy in the forest. They respond to scent, as do we. Since as a society we are oversexed and overstimulated, you wouldn’t know that vaginal secretions contain pheromones that release an abundance of testosterone. Like a type two diabetic lacks insulin sensitivity, do to overexposure to sugar, every system contains checks and balances. Too much sexual stimulation results in loss of erection. Too much excitement, triggering serotonin and dopamine, leads to depression, and on and on.

When the body is balanced chemically and hormonally, when you listen, you can hear “God”. It is like a sea of information that washes over your brain. In this process you feel your body tingle and pain subside. This is the quickening, rebirth. Guilt reacts in the body disturbing chemical balance interfering with this process.

This is why, it is not a sacrifice that eliminates sin. It is a belief that the sacrifice washes away your sin, alleviates guilt, restoring you to God. This is how faith that Christ’ sacrifice was enough, cancels guilt, continually restoring you to God. Once you can communicate or sync with Him, you are in the Body. You are connected with the Spirit like a nerve connects to muscle fibre. From the brain/head, the feet are contolled. Because your right or left hand is more responsive, it is favoured. The more it is favoured, the more use it receives, strengthening the connectivity between the two. In the body this is called muscle memory.

Unfortunately, the body of Christ is more like a victim of multiple sclerosis, an autoimmune disorder where the body attacks the nerves, crippling the body. Although there is nothing wrong with the legs or the brain, communication is not possible.

In short, because you heard this from a plumber, you will dismiss this most likely. Our mind doesn’t like to rewire based on strange teachings. The religiously minded especially hate it. They even went as far as to crucify the Christ.

Dec 12, 2013
Imputed righteousness is not speculation. (Rom. 4:6-8) Neither is our judgement of works. (1 Cor. 3:11-5)

What do you see as 'speculation'?

Quantrill
Amen.....and the fact that the saved appear before the judgment seat of Christ "BEMA SEAT" to be rewarded as opposed to the lost that stand before the Great White Throne of God to be judged also points to the truth that he is seeing as SPECULATION.......the bible is replete with this truth.....MISTHOS-->pay or wages earned for service translated REWARD.....

Saved rewarded by Christ
Lost judged by GOD

The implication is clear

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Colossians 1:10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
(NOTE: When you stand before the judgment seat of Christ (2 Cor 5:10) Every good work you did in Christ's name, will receive a reward)

1 Corinthians 3:
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
(NOTE: Rewards are given based on work done in Christ's name)

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
(NOTE: Gold & silver = Good works done in Christ's name. Hay, wood & stubble = no works, selfish works, even bad works)

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
(NOTE: Every work good & bad will be tested)

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
(NOTE: Good works done in Christ's name will receive a reward)

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
(NOTE: Hay, wood & stubble deeds will burn-up bringing, shame & loss = """OF REWARDS""" not SALVATION)
Rereading verse 15: He "Will SUFFER LOSS", though he "HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED"

Matthew 10:
41 Jesus said; He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward

42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
(NOTE: Even a drink of water given in Christ's name will receive a reward)

The believers works will be tested ""NOT THIER SALVATION" The believers salvation foundation is belief the finished (REDEMPTIVE) work of Jesus Christ. Unworthy deeds/works: Hay, wood & stubble will be burned up. Also, earned rewards can be lost, but, the believers soul still be saved. God will not cast off a believing soul for any failure of sin. All your sins were PAID FOR IN FULL on the cross!

Again, he shall suffer loss, shall fail in obtaining a reward. NOT in obtaining salvation!

I will be merciful toward their iniquities, & "I will remember their sins no more” (HEB 8:12)

John 4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
(NOTE: A special soul winning """crown of rejoicing""" will be waiting for many. The soul gather's fruit = souls. Will receive a "Crown" for leading others to life eternal's path)

1 Thess 2:
19 For what is our hope, or joy, or """crown of rejoicing"""? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

20 For ye are our glory and joy.

James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
(NOTE: He that converts/leads the sinner to God thru Christ. Save's a soul from death & will receive an incorruptible Crown as reward)

Mar 28, 2016
I think it has much to do on the way rewards and penalties are understood. What kind of a system? Does one have a higher reward because God used them in a different way and they are in a higher place? Are there different degrees or levels of hell and heaven?
Has Christ sat in the judgment seat in our place and therefore there can be no condemnation.Those who believe have eternal life whilrethos who believe not will not be raised to new spirit life on the last day

I suggest it all one reward as to a penny's worth .

Matthew 20:13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

Why were the one that provided more labor murmuring?

Why would God add to His imputed work that he works in us to both will and perform His good pleasure" Do all things without murmurings and disputing". You would think they would be satisfied with eternal life. Yet it seems they are not satisfied. False pride?

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:Philipiains2:1213

The idea of speacil rewards for the more spiritual and special places in the kingdom of God does not seem to be a biblical doctrine. I would think we all get golden stars for the work he performs in us just as he did with Rehab and Abraham .

Note...... (purple in parenthesis) to help identify whose faith or labor of love is doing the work (Christ's imputed)

Was not Abraham our father justified by works,(Christ's imputed) when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how (Christ's)faith wrought with his (Christ's imputed) works, and by works was (Christ's) faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.james 2:21-23

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
Amen.....and the fact that the saved appear before the judgment seat of Christ "BEMA SEAT" to be rewarded as opposed to the lost that stand before the Great White Throne of God to be judged also points to the truth that he is seeing as SPECULATION.......the bible is replete with this truth.....MISTHOS-->pay or wages earned for service translated REWARD.....

Saved rewarded by Christ
Lost judged by GOD

The implication is clear
Yes...good post.

Quantrill

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
We believe two things:

---

I believe there is some very important parts of this Chapter that needs to be considered.

I don't mean for it to be so long, but I truly believe it is important to think about what happened in the chapter.

First, Paul is speaking about an encounter with Peter and the Mainstream religion of that time.

Gal. 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

This is speaking of the Pharisees which were the Mainstream preachers of that time. They were the ones that Claimed to be "children of God" but the Christ pointed out that they were actually serving the devil. Peter had witnessed them murdering the Christ and probably Stephen. They pushed a religion which still included Levitical Priesthood "Works of the Law" for cleansing of sins. They claimed to be following the Law of Moses, but Jesus said several times that they were not. Both Paul and Peter were part of this religion before the Christ came to them.

Paul has already told folks that these preachers were pushing their version of the Levitical Priesthood sacrificial "works of the law" for justification of sins, even after they had shown that this Christ was the prophesied Messiah.

Rom. 2:
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? (Levitical Priesthood) Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. (No more sacrificial, ceremonial "works of the Law" given by God to the Levites for atonement of sins)

So when Peter feared these mainstream preachers and stop eating with the Gentiles Paul rebuked him.

14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, (No Jewish religious traditions, no animal sacrifices, no Levite Priests) and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? (Compel the Gentiles to follow a religious tradition that the Christ said was from man and not from God)

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified (sins forgiven) by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law (Levites performing sacrificial "deeds" of the Law) for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

There was only one "LAW" that was created for the justification of sins. It was a Levitical Priesthood given by God to the Levites which advocated for sins being cleansed by specific "works of the Law" that only a Levite could perform. The Christ had become the High Priest and had changed the Priesthood and took it over. Many of the Jews didn't "Believe" this and still continued in the "old" "obsolete" animal sacrifices and ceremonial "Works of the Law" for the cleansing of sins, or to make a person righteous. (See Heb. 7-10)

17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, (repentance) I make myself a transgressor.

Paul is saying if he transgresses the Commandments of God, (Law of Faith, Love God, Love your Neighbor, Honor Him) he "makes himself" once again, a sinner. And this reflects on the Christ who He claims to have Faith in. Is Christ the Minister of transgressing God's Commandments? God forbid.

19 For I through the law (Law of faith) am dead to the law, (Of Works) that I might live unto God.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, ( Not by the old Levitical Priesthood ceremonies) who loved me, and gave himself for me. (not the blood goats as the "LAW of works" prescribed)

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, (The sprinkling of goats blood on the alter) then Christ is dead in vain.

So Paul will indeed be judged by his "DEEDS" "if I build again that which I destroyed" namely transgression of God's Commandments that he lived in as a Pharisee, he will be counted as a "transgressor" and would have need of repentance.

Like he said before.

Rom. 2:
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Sorry so long, but we all have been so influenced by "the other voice" it's good to try and be thorough.

Great question:)

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
I believe there is some very important parts of this Chapter that needs to be considered.

I don't mean for it to be so long, but I truly believe it is important to think about what happened in the chapter.

First, Paul is speaking about an encounter with Peter and the Mainstream religion of that time.

Gal. 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

This is speaking of the Pharisees which were the Mainstream preachers of that time. They were the ones that Claimed to be "children of God" but the Christ pointed out that they were actually serving the devil. Peter had witnessed them murdering the Christ and probably Stephen. They pushed a religion which still included Levitical Priesthood "Works of the Law" for cleansing of sins. They claimed to be following the Law of Moses, but Jesus said several times that they were not. Both Paul and Peter were part of this religion before the Christ came to them.

Paul has already told folks that these preachers were pushing their version of the Levitical Priesthood sacrificial "works of the law" for justification of sins, even after they had shown that this Christ was the prophesied Messiah.

Rom. 2:
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? (Levitical Priesthood) Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. (No more sacrificial, ceremonial "works of the Law" given by God to the Levites for atonement of sins)

So when Peter feared these mainstream preachers and stop eating with the Gentiles Paul rebuked him.

14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, (No Jewish religious traditions, no animal sacrifices, no Levite Priests) and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? (Compel the Gentiles to follow a religious tradition that the Christ said was from man and not from God)

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified (sins forgiven) by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law (Levites performing sacrificial "deeds" of the Law) for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

There was only one "LAW" that was created for the justification of sins. It was a Levitical Priesthood given by God to the Levites which advocated for sins being cleansed by specific "works of the Law" that only a Levite could perform. The Christ had become the High Priest and had changed the Priesthood and took it over. Many of the Jews didn't "Believe" this and still continued in the "old" "obsolete" animal sacrifices and ceremonial "Works of the Law" for the cleansing of sins, or to make a person righteous. (See Heb. 7-10)

17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, (repentance) I make myself a transgressor.

Paul is saying if he transgresses the Commandments of God, (Law of Faith, Love God, Love your Neighbor, Honor Him) he "makes himself" once again, a sinner. And this reflects on the Christ who He claims to have Faith in. Is Christ the Minister of transgressing God's Commandments? God forbid.

19 For I through the law (Law of faith) am dead to the law, (Of Works) that I might live unto God.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, ( Not by the old Levitical Priesthood ceremonies) who loved me, and gave himself for me. (not the blood goats as the "LAW of works" prescribed)

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, (The sprinkling of goats blood on the alter) then Christ is dead in vain.

So Paul will indeed be judged by his "DEEDS" "if I build again that which I destroyed" namely transgression of God's Commandments that he lived in as a Pharisee, he will be counted as a "transgressor" and would have need of repentance.

Like he said before.

Rom. 2:
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Sorry so long, but we all have been so influenced by "the other voice" it's good to try and be thorough.

Great question:)
Well, you talked a lot but, what are you saying concerning 'imputed righteousness ' and the 'judgement of rewards'?

Quantrill

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Well, you talked a lot but, what are you saying concerning 'imputed righteousness ' and the 'judgement of rewards'?

Quantrill
It is Christ's Righteousness (sinless life) that qualified Him to Pay my death penalty for rebelling against the Word of God. Once I realize this and "REPENT" then there is forgiveness available to me. Once His Righteousness, and not the Blood of goats" that was prescribed for justification of sins in the Law, has been imputed to me to take away my past sins, shouldn't I live a different life?

Paul is saying yes, if I truly repented and am granted forgiveness, don't I realize that my actions judged me? And if I "rebuild" the "works or actions" that I supposedly already recognized as "wrong" am I not once again, rebelling against God's Word and become, again, a trasngressor?

So I should strive to no longer let those "works" rule over me, but I should "live for God" now as he says in the scripture.

He says it another way in ;

Rom. 12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

So the preaching that the Christ's Blood makes us immortal is a deception. His Righteous was imputed to me for the remission of sins. What I do with this forgiveness is still in my hands. And I will be judged by those choices I make.

Rom. 2:

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
It is Christ's Righteousness (sinless life) that qualified Him to Pay my death penalty for rebelling against the Word of God. Once I realize this and "REPENT" then there is forgiveness available to me. Once His Righteousness, and not the Blood of goats" that was prescribed for justification of sins in the Law, has been imputed to me to take away my past sins, shouldn't I live a different life?

Paul is saying yes, if I truly repented and am granted forgiveness, don't I realize that my actions judged me? And if I "rebuild" the "works or actions" that I supposedly already recognized as "wrong" am I not once again, rebelling against God's Word and become, again, a trasngressor?

So I should strive to no longer let those "works" rule over me, but I should "live for God" now as he says in the scripture.

He says it another way in ;

Rom. 12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

So the preaching that the Christ's Blood makes us immortal is a deception. His Righteous was imputed to me for the remission of sins. What I do with this forgiveness is still in my hands. And I will be judged by those choices I make.

Rom. 2:

So, you are saying the righteousness of Christ was imputed to you only for 'past' sins? And after that, it is your righteousness that you must keep to be found approved of God?

Quantrill

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
So, you are saying the righteousness of Christ was imputed to you only for 'past' sins? And after that, it is your righteousness that you must keep to be found approved of God?

Quantrill
That really sounds like my old Mormon stomping grounds.

That's why they allow a firing squad in Utah because they believe that if you sin after becoming a Mormon, you must shed your own blood to be cool with Joey Smith and Adam (who is actually a man that really did it up right and became God). People tend to bleed when they get shot.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
That really sounds like my old Mormon stomping grounds.

That's why they allow a firing squad in Utah because they believe that if you sin after becoming a Mormon, you must shed your own blood to be cool with Joey Smith and Adam (who is actually a man that really did it up right and became God). People tend to bleed when they get shot.
I am not against a firing squad. But Studyman certainly doesn't understand the doctrine of imputation.

Quantrill

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I am not against a firing squad. But Studyman certainly doesn't understand the doctrine of imputation.

Quantrill
I like the way a black preacher handled that word. He said, "I don't know nothing about all the fancy terminology, but I do know that God the Father took all the righteousness out of His Son and He im-putted it inside of me!"

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
I like the way a black preacher handled that word. He said, "I don't know nothing about all the fancy terminology, but I do know that God the Father took all the righteousness out of His Son and He im-putted it inside of me!"
And he was dead on. And God the Father took all the sin of Adam's race and put it on Christ.

Quantrill