In Detail - Exactly why is the Big Bang so important?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
I really do Not mean any harm, sir. In fact, I clearly stated that I Do indeed know that God exists.
I'm actually stating that I'm too stupid to actually understand why the Big Bang Theory proves that the Universe is Not eternal. All I'm asking for is someone more intelligent than I to clear it up for me.
2 Peter 3:10 [FONT=&quot]But the day of the Lord will come like a thief.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] The heavens will disappear with a roar;[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] the elements will be destroyed by fire,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

You're on a Christian website. There's a Christian answer.

For the best astrological answer I can give: The universe began once and everything seems to go in cycles, so it has to end and begin again. That's a worldly view. God has no beginning.[/FONT]

Apr 15, 2017
Concerning the big bang theory,something has to bang.Something,or someone,has to always exist,or else we would not be here.

If they do not believe that there is a God that always exist,then they will have to believe that physical matter always exists,for something has to always exist,and it is not going to come out of thin air.

Also they lie when it comes to telling how long ago the big bang took place,and how far is the farthest star,and how long ago the first universe was,and how old the earth is,and other things,and the Hubble telescope can see 13.8 billion light years away,or 5,874,589,152,000 miles per year,and that many miles for 13.8 billion years,or 8.10693302976e+22 miles,which is that number multiplied by 10 to the 22nd power,or 8,106,933,029,760,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles.

Get out of here with your lying selves,for there is no way they can know these things,and no way the Hubble telescope can see that far,and I do not care what they say.

There is no way the big bang caused everything to be as we see it,orderly,which only a Creator could do that.

And they are lying for what reason,to make it out that man is so great to understand these things,and so far fetched years that the earth has been around as to make it appear as if the Bible's 6000 years earth is wrong,for even if they were wrong by the number of years,it would still be a lot of years.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started, wait
The earth began to cool, the autotrophs began to drool
Neanderthals developed tools
We built a wall (we built the pyramids)
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries
That all started with the big bang!

S

Seedz

The big bang is a lie.

Just like evolution and the earth being a Globe.

There is no space or universe as you have been conditioned to believe.

I know I sound crazy but truth is stranger than fiction.

P

pckts

The big bang is a lie.

Just like evolution and the earth being a Globe.

There is no space or universe as you have been conditioned to believe.

I know I sound crazy but truth is stranger than fiction.
I second that it is not crazy.

However, no one actually explains exactly How Universal expansion proves that the Universe isn't eternal, and how this expansion means that it ultimately began.
I have two Honest issues with this.

The first one is that I don't have direct access to the Hubble Telescope (..funny issue, I know). I can't Literally see with my own eyes that the Universe is indeed expanding.
I'm a die-hard skeptic (But I'm no moron, I do know God exists), so my heart won't rest on "The Universe is expanding because 'scientists' say so."
You sound like someone already keenly aware of how "facts" and "knowledge" are compiled and accepted by our society.

Outer space, the big bang, billions of years, light years, all of it is nonsense. Worse than nonsense, it's a satanic lie to deceive and lead people away from The Truth. Belief systems exist that reject "the big bang and evolution" as a lie exist with active communities. You do not have to accept this nonsense, develop "further understanding", or put any faith in the claims of men.

Alternative beliefs/theories exist that are influenced by and honor the beliefs of Christians and The Bible.

Here are just some (not all) of the scripture that support an alternative model:

Psalm 104:5 ESV

He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved.
Revelation 7:1 ESV

After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.
Matthew 4:8 ESV

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
Psalm 93:1 ESV

The Lord reigns; he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed; he has put on strength as his belt. Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.
Joshua 10:12 ESV

At that time Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, “Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.”
Job 37:3 ESV

Under the whole heaven he lets it go, and his lightning to the corners of the earth.
Isaiah 11:12 ESV

He will raise a signal for the nations and will assemble the banished of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
Job 28:24 ESV

For he looks to the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.
Daniel 4:10-11 ESV

The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth, and its height was great. The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth.
Revelation 1:7 ESV

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
Matthew 24:29 ESV

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Ecclesiastes 1:5 ESV

The sun rises, and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises.
Revelation 6:13 ESV

And the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.
Daniel 8:10 ESV

It grew great, even to the host of heaven. And some of the host and some of the stars it threw down to the ground and trampled on them.
Isaiah 22:18 ESV

And whirl you around and around, and throw you like a ball into a wide land. There you shall die, and there shall be your glorious chariots, you shame of your master's house.
Revelation 20:8 ESV

And will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.
Luke 4:5 ESV

And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time,

Understand that if you deviate from the accepted beliefs of the scientific or "logical" community, you will be mocked and discredited as an extremist or fool, I certainly may be after making this post. That is just the way the world is during these times, the truth is mocked and the lies are elevated on a pedestal and accepted on faith.

If you want to discuss alternative models/theories of the universe I will be more than grateful to give you hours of my time in this pursuit. The big bang is a lie, and you have recognized this or at least have your doubts, I want to keep you on the right path!

Last edited:
S

Seedz

I second that it is not crazy.

You sound like someone already keenly aware of how "facts" and "knowledge" are compiled and accepted by our society.

Outer space, the big bang, billions of years, light years, all of it is nonsense. Worse than nonsense, it's a satanic lie to deceive and lead people away from The Truth. Belief systems exist that reject "the big bang and evolution" as a lie exist with active communities. You do not have to accept this nonsense, develop "further understanding", or put any faith in the claims of men.

Alternative beliefs/theories exist that are influenced by and honor the beliefs of Christians and The Bible.

Here are just some (not all) of the scripture that support an alternative model:

Psalm 104:5 ESV

He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved.
Revelation 7:1 ESV

After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.
Matthew 4:8 ESV

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
Psalm 93:1 ESV

The Lord reigns; he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed; he has put on strength as his belt. Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.
Joshua 10:12 ESV

At that time Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, “Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.”
Job 37:3 ESV

Under the whole heaven he lets it go, and his lightning to the corners of the earth.
Isaiah 11:12 ESV

He will raise a signal for the nations and will assemble the banished of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
Job 28:24 ESV

For he looks to the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.
Daniel 4:10-11 ESV

The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth, and its height was great. The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth.
Revelation 1:7 ESV

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
Matthew 24:29 ESV

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Ecclesiastes 1:5 ESV

The sun rises, and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises.
Revelation 6:13 ESV

And the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.
Daniel 8:10 ESV

It grew great, even to the host of heaven. And some of the host and some of the stars it threw down to the ground and trampled on them.
Isaiah 22:18 ESV

And whirl you around and around, and throw you like a ball into a wide land. There you shall die, and there shall be your glorious chariots, you shame of your master's house.
Revelation 20:8 ESV

And will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.
Luke 4:5 ESV

And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time,

Understand that if you deviate from the accepted beliefs of the scientific or "logical" community, you will be mocked and discredited as an extremist or fool, I certainly may be after making this post. That is just the way the world is during these times, the truth is mocked and the lies are elevated on a pedestal and accepted on faith.

If you want to discuss alternative models/theories of the universe I will be more than grateful to give you hours of my time in this pursuit. The big bang is a lie, and you have recognized this or at least have your doubts, I want to keep you on the right path!

I second all this.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
I really do Not mean any harm, sir. In fact, I clearly stated that I Do indeed know that God exists.
I'm actually stating that I'm too stupid to actually understand why the Big Bang Theory proves that the Universe is Not eternal. All I'm asking for is someone more intelligent than I to clear it up for me.
It doesn't evolution and the big bang aren't true if you actually look into the "science" of them anyway because the people who created them were people who would make any theory that excluded God. Anyway even if you do believe the big bang it doesn't prove that the universe is not eternal or vise versa it's just a theory and it doesn't prove anything even if you accept it as fact that doesn't change if the universe is eternal or not that's just added crap athiest add onto the theory so that they can further exclude God. I would be interested though why exactly does it matter? I didn't read the first part so I might've missed something important lol

nsew

Jan 15, 2018
like king david said i will not deal in matters that are to haigh for me i think he was saying leave thee exspantion of his love and display for him you are his display a universe of matter on a short term plan here to find your place in his plan were there is no end there is no bginng god is alfa and omega it all was created for his pleasure the human heart founded in him then he will trust us with more only to be tested to befound right in jesus is better to found in grace not in figure it out when we see our selves in his plan that is the biggest bang will find in heart and soul and body seek this will take for ever gods love is deep to wide but to wonderful marvelouse and fearful to avoid missing

Jeshuvan

Pastor
Staff member
Apr 15, 2012
hello in philipians chapter 4 it states what to think or meditate on.Its clearly Gods Word =bible full of truth.When you do this the confusion etc goes away and the joy ,peace of God rules in your life.So instead of be anxious about all this stuff,just pray fellowship be thankful study Gods word=bible and do Gods work=kingdom business,just look to God.Philipians 1:6 says he who began a good work in you will make sure it comes to completion.God love you and only wants the best for you amen,there are things i dont understand but who cares as long as i know im Gods child and he knows all and is always in control the rest doesnt matter to me.hope this helps you jeshuvan

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
So what is the problem with the truth that the universe is not eternal.
Had a beginning.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
We are told that God created the Sun, the moon, the stars and so on.
Ergo the universe has a beginning.

God created time for us.