In heaven we will have a body of flesh and blood. Very interesting because angels can take on human form

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Jesus did not say there wasn't any sex in heaven, only that they are not married. There is no marriage in heaven.

The wording was concerning the timeframe after the resurrection not specifically about heaven. No marriage means no sex because sex was not allowed prior to marriage.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
The wording was concerning the timeframe after the resurrection not specifically about heaven. No marriage means no sex because sex was not allowed prior to marriage.
You said "The wording was concerning the timeframe after the resurrection not specifically about heaven. No marriage means no sex because sex was not allowed prior to marriage. "......and where did you get that idea? Jesus was very clear, marriage was ONLY for this age. He did not say sex was only for this age.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
The point of the question to Jesus was to trap him into proving the foolishness of belief in an afterlife, which the sadducees denied existed, by forcing him to admit that all seven were her husbands and therefore, if there is an afterlife, all seven would be lawfully having sex with her there. Giving yourself in marrriage to someone is to give yourself to lawful sex with them. Receiving in marriage is to accept the gift of lawful sex within someone.

If you insist on having unrestricted sex in the next life, you need to choose a different religion. than following Jesus. But any religion offering that to you is lying to you, since Jesus spoke the truth and nothing but the truth.
If GOD had not created marriage, would having sex still be a sin?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
You said "The wording was concerning the timeframe after the resurrection not specifically about heaven. No marriage means no sex because sex was not allowed prior to marriage. "......and where did you get that idea? Jesus was very clear, marriage was ONLY for this age. He did not say sex was only for this age.

I literally just explained that sex and marriage are directly related. No marriage means no sex. In the resurrection, no one will marry or have sex. Borth things were meant only for a certain period of time, for childbirth and population but that will not be happening or be needed after the resurrection.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
I literally just explained that sex and marriage are directly related. No marriage means no sex. In the resurrection, no one will marry or have sex. Borth things were meant only for a certain period of time, for childbirth and population but that will not be happening or be needed after the resurrection.
There was no marriage until GOD created Eve.....so there was no sex until Eve was created. If GOD had not created marriage, would having sex be a sin?

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
There was no marriage until GOD created Eve.....so there was no sex until Eve was created. If GOD had not created marriage, would having sex be a sin?
No. Without a law, there is no transgression of the law and sin is not reckoned. If God had not put the one tree off limits, eating from that tree would not have been sin.

May 1, 2022
"Look at My hands and My feet. It is I Myself. Touch Me and see—for a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.” Luke 24:39.
In Genesis 6 angels had bodies of flesh and blood. Like Jesus, they can take human form.
This Scripture here is before Jesus' Ascension to heaven.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
This Scripture here is before Jesus' Ascension to heaven.
Before Jesus took his blood into the holy place, into the temple in heaven, He said to Mary, touch me not.
Then when He came back and appeared to them later, He said, Handle me, and see.

John 20:17 KJV
Jesus saith unto her,

Touch me not;
for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them,

I ascend
unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Hebrews 9:12 KJV
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Luke 24:6,25-26,30-31,36,38-39,49,51-52 KJV
He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
[25] Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
[26] Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

[30] And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

[31] And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and
he vanished out of their sight.

[36] And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

[38] And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

[39] Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

[49] And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

[51] And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.

[52] And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Before Jesus took his blood into the holy place
No, it doesn't say he took his blood there. It says BY his blood he entered the holy place.

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

May 1, 2022
and your point is?

1 Corinthians 15:50 KJV

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."​

In this verse, the Apostle Paul is addressing the concerns of some of the Corinthians who doubted the resurrection of the dead. Paul is arguing that the physical body, which is subject to death and decay, cannot inherit the kingdom of God, which is an eternal and incorruptible realm. Instead, the body must be transformed into a spiritual body that is not subject to these limitations.

The phrase "flesh and blood" is a metaphor for the physical body, which is composed of material substances that are subject to decay. The phrase "corruption" refers to the process of decay and decomposition that occurs after death. The phrase "incorruption" refers to the eternal and unchanging state of the glorified body.

Paul's point is that the physical body cannot inherit the kingdom of God because it is not compatible with the nature of heaven. Heaven is a spiritual realm that is characterized by purity, holiness, and immortality. The physical body, on the other hand, is characterized by sin, imperfection, and mortality.

In order to enter heaven, the body must be transformed into a spiritual body that is free from sin, imperfection, and mortality. This transformation will take place at the resurrection of the dead, when Jesus Christ returns to earth to judge the living and the dead. At that time, the bodies of the dead will be raised to life in a glorified state that is fit to inherit the kingdom of God.

The hope of the resurrection is a source of great comfort for Christians, who know that they will not be separated from God forever. Even though the physical body must die, the soul will live on eternally in the presence of God.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
1 Corinthians 15:50 KJV

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."​

In this verse, the Apostle Paul is addressing the concerns of some of the Corinthians who doubted the resurrection of the dead. Paul is arguing that the physical body, which is subject to death and decay, cannot inherit the kingdom of God, which is an eternal and incorruptible realm. Instead, the body must be transformed into a spiritual body that is not subject to these limitations.

The phrase "flesh and blood" is a metaphor for the physical body, which is composed of material substances that are subject to decay. The phrase "corruption" refers to the process of decay and decomposition that occurs after death. The phrase "incorruption" refers to the eternal and unchanging state of the glorified body.

Paul's point is that the physical body cannot inherit the kingdom of God because it is not compatible with the nature of heaven. Heaven is a spiritual realm that is characterized by purity, holiness, and immortality. The physical body, on the other hand, is characterized by sin, imperfection, and mortality.

In order to enter heaven, the body must be transformed into a spiritual body that is free from sin, imperfection, and mortality. This transformation will take place at the resurrection of the dead, when Jesus Christ returns to earth to judge the living and the dead. At that time, the bodies of the dead will be raised to life in a glorified state that is fit to inherit the kingdom of God.

The hope of the resurrection is a source of great comfort for Christians, who know that they will not be separated from God forever. Even though the physical body must die, the soul will live on eternally in the presence of God.
Jesus said he had a body of flesh and bone. When the angels take human form, they eat and drink. In Genesis 6 they had sex with human women. They procreated. Seems they must have had blood in taking human form.

May 1, 2022
Jesus said he had a body of flesh and bone. When the angels take human form, they eat and drink. In Genesis 6 they had sex with human women. They procreated. Seems they must have had blood in taking human form.
Sons of God does not refer to Angels.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
When the angels take human form, they eat and drink.

Except they have mana as angels food so they eat before this supposed taking of human form. They don't have to take a new form because they were created with human form. It's called a humanoid body type. They had this form before humans were created anyways.

May 1, 2022
Here is something to think about

1 CORINTHIANS 15:50

The two main propositions contained in this verse are the following—the first, Flesh and blood is corruption; the second, The kingdom of God is incorruption.

I. Flesh and blood is corruption. To say that bodies corrupted by sin, or by the fall, cannot enter heaven would be simply an irrelevant truism, and would be held to be so by the parties with whom Paul is dealing. It is the admission, or the assertion, that flesh and blood, even in its best state, is corruption, and cannot therefore inherit incorruption; which alone meets their view fairly, and lays the foundation for the inference or conclusion that what is composed of flesh and blood must be changed into something better. The corruption, then, here spoken of is not an evil quality or effect superinduced on the bodily frame by sin; it is the essential property of flesh and blood, as originally made.

(1) The body necessarily limits and renders fragmentary any knowledge of the Godhead.
(2) It is the antagonist of the Divine life in us; we have to wrestle against it.
(3) It has become mortal. On account of sin it is doomed to die. Remaining on the earth unchanged, flesh and blood is sure to die. The sentence on guilty man, "Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return," takes full and universal effect. "His breath goeth forth; he returneth to his earth."

II. The kingdom of God is incorruption. It is a state or condition of things in which there is nothing perishable, no corruption. What it is positively is not here said. The kingdom of God, the heavenly world—in a word, heaven—is not here described. The elements which enter into its pure and holy joy are not specified. But it is identified with incorruption.

(1) Death is out of the question, and hence there can be no room or occasion for such arrangements as are here necessary to stave off death.
(2) In the kingdom of God there can be nothing to intercept or obscure the beatific heavenly blessedness of the pure in heart.

Did some research and retract my previous statement

Genesis 6:1-4 refers to the sons of God and the daughters of men. There have been several suggestions as to who the sons of God were and why the children they had with daughters of men grew into a race of giants (that is what the word Nephilim seems to indicate).

The three primary views on the identity of the sons of God are 1) they were fallen angels, 2) they were powerful human rulers, or 3) they were godly descendants of Seth intermarrying with wicked descendants of Cain. Giving weight to the first theory is the fact that in the Old Testament the phrase “sons of God” always refers to angels (Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7). A potential problem with this is in Matthew 22:30, which indicates that angels do not marry. The Bible gives us no reason to believe that angels have a gender or are able to reproduce. The other two views do not present this problem.

The weakness of views 2) and 3) is that ordinary human males marrying ordinary human females does not account for why the offspring were “giants” or “heroes of old, men of renown.” Further, why would God decide to bring the flood on the earth (Genesis 6:5-7) when God had never forbidden powerful human males or descendants of Seth to marry ordinary human females or descendants of Cain? The oncoming judgment of Genesis 6:5-7 is linked to what took place in Genesis 6:1-4. Only the obscene, perverse marriage of fallen angels with human females would seem to justify such a harsh judgment.

As previously noted, the weakness of the first view is that Matthew 22:30 declares, “At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.” However, the text does not say “angels are not able to marry.” Rather, it indicates only that angels do not marry. Second, Matthew 22:30 is referring to the “angels in heaven.” It is not referring to fallen angels, who do not care about God’s created order and actively seek ways to disrupt God’s plan. The fact that God’s holy angels do not marry or engage in sexual relations does not mean the same is true of Satan and his demons.

View 1) is the most likely position. Yes, it is an interesting “contradiction” to say that angels are sexless and then to say that the “sons of God” were fallen angels who procreated with human females. However, while angels are spiritual beings (Hebrews 1:14), they can appear in human, physical form (Mark 16:5). The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to have sex with the two angels who were with Lot (Genesis 19:1-5). It is plausible that angels are capable of taking on human form, even to the point of replicating human sexuality and possibly even reproduction. Why do the fallen angels not do this more often? It seems that God imprisoned the fallen angels who committed this evil sin, so that the other fallen angels would not do the same (as described in Jude 6). Earlier Hebrew interpreters and apocryphal and pseudepigraphal writings are unanimous in holding to the view that fallen angels are the “sons of God” mentioned in Genesis 6:1-4. This by no means closes the debate. However, the view that Genesis 6:1-4 involves fallen angels mating with human females has a strong contextual, grammatical, and historical basis.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
No, it doesn't say he took his blood there. It says BY his blood he entered the holy place.

What a living hope we have!

Hebrews 9:24 KJV
For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands,

which are the figures of the true;

but into heaven itself,
now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Leviticus 17:11 KJV
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and
I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls:
for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The blood of God is incorruptible, it is there today on the mercy seat in the temple in heaven for all sinners.

Revelation 15:5 KJV
And after that I looked, and, behold,
the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Perhaps the Lord will have to help us tell each other apart. WHY?? Because when Jesus rose from the dead Mary his own mother did not recognize him!!(John 20:14!) Hehe

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Except they have mana as angels food so they eat before this supposed taking of human form. They don't have to take a new form because they were created with human form. It's called a humanoid body type. They had this form before humans were created anyways.
Where do you get the idea angels only eat manna?

He then brought some curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, and set these before them. While they ate, he stood near them under a tree. Genesis 18:8 They ate HUMAN food.