In Memory of My Friend Kathy

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusLives

Senior Member
Oct 11, 2013
14,730
2,342
113
My friend Kathy recently passed away from ovarian cancer and I miss her terribly. Before she passed I prayed to God to give me some words of encouragement for her and I sent her this poem. They are words God gave me I just happened to have a pen and paper to write them on.
WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING

When I wake up in the morning
I will see your smiling face
As your sitting on the clouds so white
I'll sing Amazing Grace

When I wake up in the morning
See the Angels flying all around
No more sleep for me
As I rise up from the ground

When I wake up on that morning
We will walk on streets of gold
And as we talk together
We know we'll not grow old

When I wake up on that morning
See the family that I've missed
We will run and come together
With laughter, hugs and kiss

When I wake up on that morning
There will be death no more
I will bow in front of Jesus
On that beautiful heavenly shore

When I wake up on that morning
I will jump and shout and sing
Glory Hallelujah
To Jesus Christ My King

Written by Darlene Roy 9/25/2013​