In need of guidance/Scripture

• Thread starter AlwayzSearching
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AlwayzSearching

Hey guys, I'm new to this sort of thing so forgive my clumsiness.. I am severely depressed. Considering this is online with a bunch if strangers, I would rather not put personal information but.. Take it from me. I am depressed, emotionally beaten down and lost. I have few friends because of my Christian beliefs and most of my family has also left for the same reason. I am trying to dedicate my every action to God's glorification and live my life according to His will..yet I feel abandoned. Not by God, but by everyone else. I know this shouldn't matter, " With God on your side you don't need people" " If God is for you then who can be against you?" and all that but.. The truth is this: I love Jesus, the Lord is my life, but I still feel broken..alone, worthless, empty, hated.. Please, I need someone with something real. Not this cliched Hallmark stuff,but Scripture and guidance..maybe even those who have survived this type of depression and can offer words of encouragement..

My sincerest thanks to anyone willing to help

May 29, 2012
as long as we are of the world and behaved like the world the world and the people loved us. As soon as we turnned to Jesus and try to better our lifes as the bible tells us the world turned its back to us and wants nothing to do with us. what really hurts is when our on family members walk away and want nothing to do with us. Because we want to better our lifes for our on feature is really really wrong. Grits Quarantine featuring Brennin Hunt Quarantine Album - YouTube

i never understood what I did wrong and them God open my eyes and showed me this scripture
Matthew 10:34-38 (KJV)
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Salvation in Christ Jesus never promissed a pain free life, but that he will hide us as we walk his directed path in our lifes

we must find good people in the church to stand and help us. As hard as it can be.

Last edited:
P

psychomom

Sweetheart! Of course we need people! The Lord created us as social beings. He made a man, said it wasn't good for him to be alone, and then made a helper for him. He told them to be fruitful, thus establishing the family, the basis for all society. :)
Now, I'm not saying any of us ought to place one another over the Lord. And scripture does say to count it all joy if you're persecuted for His name's sake, or any other trial which may come your way. :) (James 1)

The Lord has a good purpose for what you're currently enduring, my dear child. I understand that feeling abandoned, especially by family, is excruciating. :(
I went through something similar when I was in my 20s with my own family, too. They couldn't understand why my husband and I were making the decisions we did, and were pretty critical of us. It hurt! But at least we had each other, and our church family and other Christian friends. And Jesus.♥

I encourage you to spend as much time as you can with the people in your life who do know the Lord as Savior. If you're not in a good church, I pray you can find one. And, of course, to spend time with Him, in prayer and in the Word. :)
Try to focus not on what you have lost, but on what you have gained.
And, as difficult as it will be, offer a sacrifice of praise. Praise God for that brokenness, because when we are broken He can begin to remake us in the image of His Son. It hurts to be broken, and for what you're going through I am so very sorry. I weep with you, dear one. You must know you're not worthless...don't let that lie take any space in your heart. Refute it with the Truth. Refuse to give it room. You are the beloved of your Father! ♥

I'll be in prayer for you, sweet child. Oh, and...have you seen a doc? Sometimes too much stress produces an excess of cortisol in the body, which can mess with neurochemistry, causing these depressive symptoms. Often, 3-6 months of an anti-depressant is all one needs! :)
Or maybe you don't need it at all, but I felt I ought to just mention that.

Praying in love with a mother's heart,
ellie

E

ellie05blessed

well all i can say is am God u say u feel abandoned but not by God, now all u need to do is believe what u just have said u are not alone ,His presence is all u need to attract good friends to you. jesus had more than a hundred followers but ended up with 11 when he was here on earth coz most of them were just wanting something from him . take it as God is pruning you ,it hurts but it is for your own good jere 29:11, romans 8:28 read these two scriptures together and let them sink in deep .

psalm 34:10 & 18 for ur comfort xxx much love ,
Godbless

G

gcaro7l

Hi alwayzsearching, i hope i could say something that would make you feel better and that i pray that everything will be better.. I too have painful memories from the past but you know thinking about it over and over doesn't make it go away and doesn't change it, but doing something positive for others and yourself will make you feel better also you will regain your self-esteem and confidence, remember the quote which says, "Our past is not our present so don't look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." :) And lastly, whatever you do well, do it often and be happy always! cause our life is like a mirror, we get the best results when we smile at it. ;)

1 Corinthians 10:13

"Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps His promise, and He will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to the test, He will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out."

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
First, I am glad that you are doing your best to put God first. He never told us that it would be easy. However, it will certainly be worth it. Especially considering that our life on Earth is a short time compared to the eternity that we'll spend with Him.
When I've gone through tough times it has always helped for me to think of what Jesus did for me. He went through so much pain and suffering, so much more than I will ever have to endure. If He is willing to do that for me, shouldn't I be willing to suffer for His sake?

I didn't see you mention anything about church. Are you attending church? Try to find a good church.

You also should strongly consider some professional Christian counseling. Perhaps you can find that for free even.

Here is some scripture:

Romans 5:1-5
5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

1 Peter 4:12-19
New International Version (NIV)

12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15 If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 And,
“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”[a]

19 So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

N

nw2u

Not a professional here.

See a doctor.
Pray.
Talk.
Know you are not alone even though you may feel alone.
Read the Bible.
Keep busy.
Repeat.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Welcome to CC AlwayzSearching, I hope you find here comforting. Everyone feels down once in a while, even great men of God but God wants you to know that He is there for you. The Lord will not forsake you even when friends forsake you. No matter what challenge you face when you take it to Him in prayers He will lift those burdens away. Jesus said in Matthew 11:28 to come unto Him all who are heavy laden and He will give them rest. Satan wants you to feel emotionally beaten down and lost but when you resist him he will flee. Surround yourself with positive people like church members, pastors, family, and friends who will encourage you.
God bless.

W

wwjd_kilden

- Remember not to isloate further, make sure you go to social events (like church, cafes etc), being around people helps, even if they are strangers.

I came to think of Moses, I wonder how he must have felt when he left his home in the palace, to go out and lead a whole nation.
God will take care of you, it's just that our timing and His normally don't match.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says Yahweh, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future

S

shekaniah

God shows his love for us through other christians.
Like WWJD_kilden said make sure you get out around
other people.

I will be praying for you too. :)
God bless you and Keep you...

A

AlwayzSearching

You all are so tremendously wonderful! Thank you for the advice, the encouragement, and the love. It is all very needed. As for those who asked about my attending church, no I haven't gone to church since January. I had been going to the same church for 13years, but the people have evolved into sacrilegious hypocrites. So, I am looking for a real church.. Thank you for all you have said, I will take it to heart.

A

AlwayzSearching

PsychoMom, I just want to give a specific note expressing my gratitude to you. Your words were warm and comforting; I have no one in my life right now who I can rely on.. But your compassion and understanding.. Your concern ..for a complete stranger truly inspired me.. Thank you, I haven't received that sort of love from anyone close to me (let alone a complete stranger) and you are truly are remarkable person! Thank you..

P

psychomom

You're welcome honey!

May the Lord be glorified.
I'll keep you in prayer, dear heart! :)
~ellie

C

CoreyMBailey

AlwayzSearching,

You'll find that walking in the faith is not easy. You tend to lose many acquaintances. People of the world hate to hear about faith, and personally I think it scares them. But it's all ok.

I have a rather large family. I have 18 aunts and uncles and numerous cousins. Out of all these people I only talk to one and I only see a few others on Facebook or occassionally bump into them at Walmart. My faith has caused a separation. But it's ok because I would rather not have the poor company and their bad attitudes.

In high school I had a friend tell me that God was stupid. From that day on I didn't talk to him like I used to.

Sometimes when the people closest to us put our faith and us down we feel depressed and alone. But why should we, they're the ones who are losing out on something so magnificent. I pray that one day we'll be able to share it with them without negative and unwarrented judgement on their part.

Stay strong, God will bring you through this and bless you for your faithfulness along the way.

`Corey