In need of prayers and encouragement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kanri26

Hi

My name is Megan and I'm 18. Right now, I'm at a very confusing point in my life and I'm currently feeling trapped.

I have lived in the same town my whole life. Unlike a lot of families, vacations are something we almost never take. I grew up very sheltered. I wasn't allowed to have a friend drive me anywhere until almost my senior year in high school. Often times I was afraid to ask to do anything because I knew my parents would throw an overwhelming amount of questions (why, where, etc) at me or tell me no. So I have basically zero social life. School was the only place that I could meet people because whenever we go out, it's as a family. Now that I have graduated, I feel extremely isolated. Everyone my age is going away to college. I'm not because I don't know what I want to do yet, so I'm staying home and pursuing my writing career.

A couple months ago, I decided to start growing up and experiencing life. But I can't. I have no car, so my mother has to drive me everywhere and because of that, I've spent most of this summer with her or at home. I have one friend and she also does not have a car so when we meet, we have to walk everywhere. I can't find a car because I have a limited amount of money and for some reason, I can't get a job, no matter how many interviews I get. So I can't go anywhere, I can't do anything, and I can't even make money.

I know I should trust God in this and I'm trying to. I really, really am. But it's so hard. I'm so overwhelmed by the number of things I have to do and obstacles I need to overcome in order to make my way in this life. My mental illness has taken the better half of my teen years and now I'm afraid that I'm running out of time. Every morning I wake up with this feeling that I'm wasting my life and I don't want to die in this stupid town. I'm scared and I'm overwhelmed and stressed and I feel trapped. I keep giving it up to God but then I take it back again.

Please, please pray for my burden to be lifted. Please pray for peace, please pray that I can have some rest from these fears and this stress. I desperately want to trust Him because He has always been so good to me, but I'm just having a hard time. And it would also be great if you could pray that He provides me with a vehicle and/or a job.

Please don't bring any negativity here. I am in great need of encouragement and I would appreciate kind responses only. Thank you and God bless.

S

SweetmorningDew78

Father God I lift up to you my sis Kanri. Lord I ask you to give her peace Remove everything that is causing stress in her life. Heal her Lord and give her the strength to carry on. Lord you have plans for her life and you know what she needs right now I trust you Lord that you will do what is best for her. Thank you Lord. In Jesus name.Amen!

Remember that each rejection brings you closer to success :) Keep going sis :) Keep trying :) God is with you :)

GOD BLESS You sis :)

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Philippians 4:19

azlightsout

Apr 20, 2016
RISE UP - praying now !!

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God we pray let bless kanri26 and you be glorified. we agree with this prayer please bless in all these things. let you shine and the darkness be gone from kanri26's life. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

Zachary24

Jul 26, 2017
I have prayed for your strength. God Bless you.