In the Bible, I Spy........

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hello everyone!

Want to play "I Spy" with the Bible?

There are all sorts of things and colors throughout the Bible. Perhaps it would be fun to play "I Spy" with the scriptures of the Bible....:unsure:

The "Spyer" says, "I spy something GOLD." (The answer is "the streets of Heaven."); or
"I spy a coin." (The answer is "the lost coin in the parable of the lost coin.")

Each player gets 3 guesses and if no one gets the answer then, the Spyer has to give the answer and gets to spy something else.

With each wrong guess, the Spyer has to give a hint.

After 3 turns, the Spyer has to hand over the reins to another player to be the "Spyer."

Ready? Here we go!

I spy........ a child's toy used as a weapon........:unsure:

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Excellent start. A jawbone of a donkey could be a child's toy in a bizarre world as bones can be toys?

hmm...I suppose that's my guess because nothing is coming to mind. Is this a spiritual metaphor or physically literal toy?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Excellent start. A jawbone of a donkey could be a child's toy in a bizarre world as bones can be toys?

hmm...I suppose that's my guess because nothing is coming to mind. Is this a spiritual metaphor or physically literal toy?
Good guess but, not the answer.

Hint: King David had one as a child.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Good guess but, not the answer.

Hint: King David had one as a child.
Oh, a slingshot :)

I legit read from Goliath to Saul trying to kill him and all I could think of was a shepherd's staff...

Jul 9, 2020
Slingshot.

I did a bit of research a long time ago to see for myself just how much of a weapon that kind of slingshot is. So I made one. I could throw a rock with that thing really, really... really fast. The power was amazing. But I had no control! You really would need a lot of time to get accurate with one of those things. I developed a bit of appreciation for David just spending hours and hours every day practicing with his sling while he was guarding the sheep.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
So who gets to go? :p

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Slingshot.

I did a bit of research a long time ago to see for myself just how much of a weapon that kind of slingshot is. So I made one. I could throw a rock with that thing really, really... really fast. The power was amazing. But I had no control! You really would need a lot of time to get accurate with one of those things. I developed a bit of appreciation for David just spending hours and hours every day practicing with his sling while he was guarding the sheep.
Oh, a slingshot :)

I legit read from Goliath to Saul trying to kill him and all I could think of was a shepherd's staff...
Yes! Both of you are correct but, @Mii got it first so it’s Mii ‘s turn!

Isn’t this fun?! Great insight from you @surfer14!

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Okie doke. I spy an "east wind"

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Okie doke. I spy an "east wind"
Sounds like “there’s a new sheriff in town”......Jesus enters from the East.....is it Jesus returning? :unsure:

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Sounds like “there’s a new sheriff in town”......Jesus enters from the East.....is it Jesus returning? :unsure:
Nope. Hint: it was described as "vehement" (KJV) and "scorching" (NASB)

Oh also...is this the 2nd turn or the first? Have to time my hints accordingly ;)

Jul 9, 2020
Exodus 14:21
21 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Nope. Hint: it was described as "vehement" (KJV) and "scorching" (NASB)

Oh also...is this the 2nd turn or the first? Have to time my hints accordingly ;)
I’ve made 1 guess so far. I still have 2 more guesses and then I’m out.

And you gave me a good hint so, you’re doing great!

I just need to figure out what could be the “East wind”......:unsure:

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I’ve made 1 guess so far. I still have 2 more guesses and then I’m out.

And you gave me a good hint so, you’re doing great!

I just need to figure out what could be the “East wind”......:unsure:
@surfer14 also guessed so we are on to hint 2. Good guess by the way.

Hint: After this wind someone fainted.

Edited the hint. Strictly speaking what the wind caused is unclear to me at present.

NASB says "he became faint"

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
3rd hint you should get it I feel reasonably sure.

also, is Strong's cheating?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
3rd hint you should get it I feel reasonably sure.

also, is Strong's cheating?
ALL available and attainable resources are allowed when searching for the answers!
:love:(y)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Slingshot.

We used to use slings (leather pouch and leather strip) as kids, fill them with a rock and fire away at some palm trees in a nearby field pretending them to be Goliath LOL.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I spy something purple sold by a woman....
Well I'm not going to look up "purple" so this will take a while. I decline a hint as I have not yet guessed, though it is getting late for me ;)

Edit: ironically I randomly (to me) turned to a passage about purple clothing but no transactions have been found yet lol.